Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Another dimension

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kathi

I have always thought that we can not see the angels and demons around us because they are in another dimension.What about heaven.Alot of people look up when they think of heaven.Do you think heaven is just in another dimension?How many dimensions do you think there are?Do you think we take up any of those dimensions?

I have always thought that we can not see the angels and demons around us because they are in another dimension.What about heaven. Alot of people look up when they think of heaven.Do you think heaven is just in another dimension?How many dimensions do you think there are?Do you think we take up any of those dimensions?

I can think of one.

Ephesians 6
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I have always thought that we can not see the angels and demons around us because they are in another dimension.What about heaven.Alot of people look up when they think of heaven.Do you think heaven is just in another dimension?How many dimensions do you think there are?Do you think we take up any of those dimensions?
That depends.

If by "Heaven", we mean the realm that Angels dwell, then I think it is a different dimension. It would explain there ability to travel between realms. If we are talking about the new earth (the place where we will dwell when we are resurrected), then I don't think so.

I am not certain as to what dimensions our metaphysical bodies take up. One would think that our spirit is placed with our body until we die (to be absent of the body is to be with the Lord). It's possible that our metaphysical bodies have connections, or the ability to connect to any of the different realms. Though clearly, I don't think we visit those while in our physical bodies.

As for God, he is spaceless, timeless, and immaterial. He doesn't need to inhabit a dimension.

Angels are not always in heaven.They can be among us.Like right next to us.But we can not see them.I am thinking there is a great war going on around us that we can not even see.Good against evil.

Angels are not always in heaven.They can be among us.Like right next to us.But we can not see them.I am thinking there is a great war going on around us that we can not even see.Good against evil.

so true. so true.

Spot on Kathi. The spirit beings are flat out most of the time imo either ministering or causing trouble right under our noses. Daniel wrote that a myriad of myriads of Angels will be at the judgement ( this is possibly only the good ones ) which could mean 10000 x 10000 = 100,000,000. ( highly subjective figure ) Imagine the traffic in their dimension. :biggrin

Spot on Kathi. The spirit beings are flat out most of the time imo either ministering or causing trouble right under our noses. Daniel wrote that a myriad of myriads of Angels will be at the judgement ( this is possibly only the good ones ) which could mean 10000 x 10000 = 100,000,000. ( highly subjective figure ) Imagine the traffic in their dimension. :biggrin
Thank you mate :)

I don't know how many there are but there is at least a few. The one we are in is 3D space. You can take a magnet and lay out some iron fillings and watch them aline to the invisible magnetic field of the magnet. The magnetic field cannot be heard, touch, taste,seen,felt by our 5 senses. Yet, we know it exist because of its effects on ferrous metals in 3D space which we can observe. So the magnetic field proves there are dimensions higher than 3D space. This is similar to demonic possession. We can't see a demon/fallen angel but we can see the effects it exerts on humans in 3D space. Alot of times when people die in the bible it says "they gave up the ghost". As if the flesh is merely a suit housing the spirit.

I do not think heaven is in 3D space. Because the spirit world is different from the flesh 3D world. I believe the realm of thoughts and dreams are 4D.

I don't know how many there are but there is at least a few. The one we are in is 3D space. You can take a magnet and lay out some iron fillings and watch them aline to the invisible magnetic field of the magnet. The magnetic field cannot be heard, touch, taste,seen,felt by our 5 senses. Yet, we know it exist because of its effects on ferrous metals in 3D space which we can observe. So the magnetic field proves there are dimensions higher than 3D space. This is similar to demonic possession. We can't see a demon/fallen angel but we can see the effects it exerts on humans in 3D space. Alot of times when people die in the bible it says "they gave up the ghost". As if the flesh is merely a suit housing the spirit.

I do not think heaven is in 3D space. Because the spirit world is different from the flesh 3D world. I believe the realm of thoughts and dreams are 4D.
Someone told me that if we go forward or backward that those are a dimensions.

I don't know what string theory is but not forward or backward in time.

String theory would be like the speculation that every action creates an alternate universe some where. Every time we turned left and not right, that world exist out there somewhere. I believe that all things are possible with God. But I dont think this is anything more than Satanic deception. Tons and tons of theories..........science fiction that is oh so alluring on caffeine. But we never leave the playpen of the Earth.

Someone told me that if we go forward or backward that those are a dimensions.

The three spacial dimensions:
  1. Forward/Backward
  2. Left/Right
  3. Up/Down
Add time as a fourth dimension, which we only experience in one direction, and you get Einstein's spacetime.

The three spacial dimensions:
  1. Forward/Backward
  2. Left/Right
  3. Up/Down
Add time as a fourth dimension, which we only experience in one direction, and you get Einstein's spacetime.
That is what I had read about the spacial dimensions.Those must be different from the other dimensions such as those who are around us that we can not see such as the angels.

the biblical "heaven" is (the world of) the good in the (respective) humans

Blessings

I believe this too. There are things going on around us that we cannot usually see.

the biblical "heaven" is (the world of) the good in the (respective) humans

Blessings
What you just wrote reminds me of this verse Luke 17:21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Can you expand on that comment any?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back