Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Another new guy, this time all the way from the UK

PeteUK56

Greetings one and all, my name is Pete and I live in the UK.
Yes I am male and I am 59 years old.
I was baptised as a baby and raised in the RC faith for 15 years after which I entered my rebellious phase and walked away from Christianity.
I rediscovered faith at the age of 33 after the death of my (our) baby son, Sean. It was a particularly dark and dire period of my life and I will no doubt share more of that story in another thread at another time. Suffice to say that Christ reached out and took my hand and I have been trying to follow Him ever since, although I never returned to the 'church' of my youth.
I consider myself a Follower of Christ in the most open interpretation of the term, in that I do not profess to be a part of any particular denominational structure of intitution, even though I have sampled many and indeed joined quite a few too.
I suppose those of you that have affiliations to one or other of the denominations would call me 'unchurched' but I am learning that church is not a place, with buildings and structures, that take up your time on Sundays and a few other days or evenings each week with meetings and fellowship, rather I believe it is His people living for Him in His way, trying to share life and love with others that we meet on the journey which He leads us on.
I do not profess to be a particularly good follower, but I am trying, even at my advanced years.
I hope I shall get to know a little more about each of you and that we can share in the wonderful privilege of being His children together.

Welcome aboard our Christian fellowship Brother Pete. I do hope you find this to be a place where you can find comfort and peace as we grow together in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus.
:wave2

Welcome to CF! :wave2

You'll find some very good people here, at all stages in our Christian journey. God meets us at the point of our needs.

Welcome*, Pete.

*Disclaimer and Notice of Terms and Conditions

This "welcome" is a generic greeting and not an offer of friendship or commitment in any way. The views expressed by this greeting may or may not reflect the attitudes, policies or positions of CFN, its administrators, moderators, posters or advertisers. None of the same may be held responsible for the content of this greeting.

If this greeting fails to satisfy in any way, it may be replaced with an authentic copy of Pizza's original greeting, found in his top underwear drawer. (Whether or not Pizza is wearing underwear at the time of the greeting has no bearing on the sincerity of the greeting.)

Should a situation later arise wherein it is perceived, determined or discovered that the recipient is of unfavorable character, the greeting may be revoked without warning and replaced with a suitable form of diatribe wherein the character of the recipient may be called into question. This may include, but not limited to: accusations involving his/her genetic makeup, intelligence, appearance or commonality with various animals often found in the back part of the local zoo.

Greetings one and all, my name is Pete and I live in the UK.
Yes I am male and I am 59 years old.
I was baptised as a baby and raised in the RC faith for 15 years after which I entered my rebellious phase and walked away from Christianity.
I rediscovered faith at the age of 33 after the death of my (our) baby son, Sean. It was a particularly dark and dire period of my life and I will no doubt share more of that story in another thread at another time. Suffice to say that Christ reached out and took my hand and I have been trying to follow Him ever since, although I never returned to the 'church' of my youth.
I consider myself a Follower of Christ in the most open interpretation of the term, in that I do not profess to be a part of any particular denominational structure of intitution, even though I have sampled many and indeed joined quite a few too.
I suppose those of you that have affiliations to one or other of the denominations would call me 'unchurched' but I am learning that church is not a place, with buildings and structures, that take up your time on Sundays and a few other days or evenings each week with meetings and fellowship, rather I believe it is His people living for Him in His way, trying to share life and love with others that we meet on the journey which He leads us on.
I do not profess to be a particularly good follower, but I am trying, even at my advanced years.
I hope I shall get to know a little more about each of you and that we can share in the wonderful privilege of being His children together.

Welcome Brother,

glad you are here.

May God richly bless you and continue to keep in His great mercy and love.

JLB

Welcome! Nice to meet you, Brother. Looking forward to see your post and your testimony.

Back