Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

AnotherTemple???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

Hitch

Here is a place to produce any and all of the prophecies predicting yet another brick and mortar temple.

Old or New Testements ,,,and if ya cant find any there we'll even accept the Qoran, just this once.

Hitch

An interesting tangent to the OP, yet unknown to most Christians:
The Jewish Temple at Elephantine
The Jewish Temple at Leontopolis

An interesting tangent to the OP, yet unknown to most Christians:
The Jewish Temple at Elephantine
The Jewish Temple at Leontopolis
Oh yeah!
Both of them are interesting.

The most interesting thing to me was that the temple at Leontopolis was said to be a fulfillment of

Isaiah 19
(19) In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
(20) And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
(21) And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.

Oh yeah!

The most interesting thing to me was that the temple at Leontopolis was said to be a fulfillment of

Isaiah 19
(19) In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
(20) And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
(21) And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.

Dear friend, That must be preaching about a future Christian Church in Egypt, since God dwells now and forever in His churches. In His Church. Not some Judaized OT Jewish temple sacrifices, with animals being offered as sin offerings. Animal sacrifice never took away sin; this was just an OT tutor to prepare Israel for the one sacrifice of Christ on the Cross. In Erie Scott

Dear friend, That must be preaching about a future Christian Church in Egypt, since God dwells now and forever in His churches. In His Church. Not some Judaized OT Jewish temple sacrifices, with animals being offered as sin offerings. Animal sacrifice never took away sin; this was just an OT tutor to prepare Israel for the one sacrifice of Christ on the Cross. In Erie Scott

God dwells now and forever in His churches. In His Church. Not some Judaized OT Jewish temple sacrifices, with animals being offered as sin offerings. Animal sacrifice never took away sin; this was just an OT tutor to prepare Israel for the one sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.

Some times we do agree!

Here is a place to produce any and all of the prophecies predicting yet another brick and mortar temple.

Old or New Testements ,,,and if ya cant find any there we'll even accept the Qoran, just this once.

Hitch
The foundation of a new Temple was built in the first century AD. The structure (body) of this new Temple has been going up ever since.

It's called the ekklesia and it's not built by the hands of men. :yes

The foundation of a new Temple was built in the first century AD. The structure (body) of this new Temple has been going up ever since.

It's called the ekklesia and it's not built by the hands of men. :yes
Oh yeah? Not according to dispensational truth:screwloose

Face it ;

No new temple , no memorial sacrifices.

Next thing you'll deny is the need for the restored priesthood...

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Eze 37:27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people

Eze 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Repete: chapter and verse are posted so all may look up the context

Last edited by a moderator:
Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Joh 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Rom 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Eze 37:27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people

Eze 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Repete: chapter and verse are posted so all may look up the context
What do you mean context? What does scriptural context have to do with eschatology?

Oh yeah!

Isaiah 19
Dear Sissy, There are many Christian churches in the land of Egypt, so these churches are the fullfillment of Isaiah 19's prophecy. Only a church is a temple of God. A Jewish temple does not fit in, because God's covenant with the Jews has been transferred to the Church where there are both Jews and Gentiles, but in Christ there is "no Jew nor Greek". These OT distinctives do not matter anymore. What matters is being born again. Every Hebrew is required by God the same thing as a Gentile, as God is no respecter of persons, "You must be born again" (John 3).
The altar in Egypt could only mean a Christian, not an alleged millennial altar with animal sacrifices. That is a return to what has already been fulfilled in Christ. No more OT type sacrifices are needed and these are now forbidden by the NT blood covenant in Christ Jesus. In Erie Scott

Oh yeah? Not according to dispensational truth:screwloose

Face it ;

No new temple , no memorial sacrifices.

Next thing you'll deny is the need for the restored priesthood...
I have faced it, which is why I've come to the conclusion I hold. :yes

Dont go out in Dallas after dark.
Dear Hitch, Where do we read about 2 future Jewish temples to come, one in the Great Tribulation, and another in the Milllennium? Which early writers of the Church taught that? Did Lactantius teach that? Maybe. Which other Church Fathers did not teach that. We must go by the consensus of the Fathers, not just the teachings of one father. Are they unanimous on this controversy? ISTM Revelation has not been "unsealed" yet; it remains until this day "AN UNSOLVED MYSTERY".
In Erie PA Scott Harrington

I am just a little confused. What is the general consensus....will there or will there not be a future temple? And....what do u think Hitch?

Of course, I know the answer to this one.;)

I am just a little confused. What is the general consensus....will there or will there not be a future temple? And....what do u think Hitch?

Of course, I know the answer to this one.;)
Of course you do and we all want a temple fitting the kingdom that can never be moved;

Peter 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

I agree with the posts but what about 2Thess2 where Paul points out that the revealing of the son of destruction(antichrist)would occur when he takes his seat in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God? Paul wrote that message when the Temple of God was still in existence,so what did Paul mean, the popular idea of the day is that the Jews will build another Temple to God. That idea does have problems because all the previous temples of God were built by people in the will of God and under direction of God,so how could Christ rejecting Jews build a Temple to God that would actually be the Temple of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back