Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Are you willing to commit treason for God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jeremiah 21:9 Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague. But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live; they will escape with their lives.

Are we willing to endure treason for God?

Jeremiah preached treason against Israel. He asked her people to surrender to her enemies in times of wars. If ever America went to wars with another country, and God told you to ask the people in America to surrender to that country, are you willing to do that? If you are willing to do that, you will be consider a traitor to your own country. You will be committing the worst of crime in your country, treason.

Yet, that is what Jeremiah did. He committed treason against his own country, for the sake of the Lord. He really loves God by his actions and not his words.

What about you? Are you willing to commit treason for the Lord?

Jeremiah 21:9 Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague. But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live; they will escape with their lives.

Jeremiah preached treason against Israel. He asked her people to surrender to her enemies in times of wars. If ever America went to wars with another country, and God told you to ask the people in America to surrender to that country, are you willing to do that? If you are willing to do that, you will be consider a traitor to your own country. You will be committing the worst of crime in your country, treason.

Yet, that is what Jeremiah did. He committed treason against his own country, for the sake of the Lord. He really loves God by his actions and not his words.

I don't know that surrender would be considered treason.
At the time Jeremiah wrote those words, Jersusalem had been surrounded and cut off from all resources and the Israelites who remained we're literally starving. In Lamintation, Jeremiah writes that mother's were eating their own children because the starvation was so bad.

They were all destine to die if they held their position. Jeremiah wasn't only looking at the current conditions, but instead, he was standing on the promises of God. This is why he could say, in Lamintation 3
18 And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the Lord:

19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Be very careful about taking things out of context...especially in the Old Testament. You really need to understand whether something was said to a particular situation for a particular time, or whether it was said to generations to come. Case in point: you often see wall plaques, key chains, etc. with the verse Jeremiah 29:11. That was NOT for everyone. It was for a specific group of people. Modern readers read only this verse and ignore the context (the verses before and after). See https://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/christian-trends/stop-taking-jeremiah-29-11-out-of-context.html.

Jeremiah 21:8 And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.

It wasn't treason, but by reason that of what God spoke to His prophet Jeremiah. Those of Judah were told to either die by famine and pestilence if they stayed in Judah when the Babylonian army came to destroy the city and the temple or to spare their lives by being taken captive by King Nebuchadnezzar until God brings them back to Judah to rebuild the city and the temple after the seventy year captivity in Babylon as Ezra was given a decree by King Cyrus, Ezra Chapter 1-6.

I believe vs. 8 to be a key verse as God is giving His people a choice by that of His prophet Jeremiah to either surrender to King Nebuchadnezzar and save their lives or stay in the city of Judah/Jerusalem and die by the hands of the Babylonian army that has come to destroy the city and all that are found in it as they would die by famine and pestilence.

Here is the victory in the Lord:

Jeremiah 20:11 But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. 12 But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause. 13 Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers. :

Be very careful about taking things out of context...especially in the Old Testament. You really need to understand whether something was said to a particular situation for a particular time, or whether it was said to generations to come. Case in point: you often see wall plaques, key chains, etc. with the verse Jeremiah 29:11. That was NOT for everyone. It was for a specific group of people. Modern readers read only this verse and ignore the context (the verses before and after). See https://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/christian-trends/stop-taking-jeremiah-29-11-out-of-context.html.
My goodness, another man of much greater learning than I that still does not get it. Though I was in need to quit school at the beginning of my Ninth Geade Year to Join the Army, I just missed maxing my GED on a single test of the group I took.

I did take courses from the University of Maryland through the mail, without credit and I did personal History Studies such as Hitler and his ascent to the power that involved the World in his war to gain "The Master Race" control of the World.

I was a content List Man playing my guitars, singing C&W for pennies and the Blues for the fun of it. I ran through the ladies and wives as though there was an endless string to be enjoyed... forever.

The Bible seemed important to me but it was not understood by me, it read as gibberish to me until the very last moments of 1989.

As I sang in the New Year for the drunks in the Juke Joint I was Overcome and Indwelt by the Ruah, the Holy Spirit, that had been very troublesome for the entire Fall of that year, causing my heart to break at the music and lyrics of the Christian Music that was mixed into the C&W on CM TV.

I went home without a paycheck for my efforts because I did not play and sing the last two Sets that night.

But when I arrived home, my small, leather covered KJV fell open to the Gospel of Isaiah, Isa. 53, and I'm certain that because of my having read the Gospel of John so many times, Ruah connected the two but not just Isa. 53 to the words found in the New Testament but every word of both Testaments connected and be one separated only by the minds of men.

The Bible, as attested to in John 1: 1-5 created everything and therefore is the author of the Scriptures, from, “In the beginning...” of the Genesis through the very last word of The Revelation of Yashuah ha’Mashiah is one message and the Greatest Context of this record is the Salvation of Man, YHWH’s greatest creation on this planet.

The greatest error made today among the people calling themselves Christian is the lack of study. When the man, called by the Greek interpretation of Yashuah, Jesus, taught Christianity, He taught it from the Bible, the Bible that He had inspired to be written, complete with everything any man or woman needs to know to avoid eternity in the Lake of Fire.

So the truth of the matter is that there must be a difference in these two testaments, right? One, the New Testament has no legs of truth to stand on without an intimate knowledge of the writtings the last 27 books and letters of the Christian Version of the scriptures.

The Bible, as it existed in the First Century AD consisted of 24 books that Christians later divided into 39 and titled them as the Old Testament

There is a logical. Sensible View that when any person tries to explain it draws, often. Immediate retorts that lack any fore-hought or examination of the Scriptures. The Bible is composed of the 24 books of the Jewish Version of the scriptures and the only YHWH inspired Life Application Commentaries for the Bible are the 27 books and letters misnamed as the New Testament.

The easiest way for this to be seen is by using the version of your choice with the Thompson Chain Reference included. Then pick any noted and referenced verse/topic and follow the chained references back to the original verse in the Jewish Bible, a.k.a. the New Testament.

In spite of the Man Made division of Scripture, the Holy Bible has no division of chapter and verse but is to be read as a letter or as a novel. Furthermore, it must be read from beginning to end to grasp the context, a matter I see as having been thrown out of the education of our youth, today. If they read, and too dew do, they do not read the last chapter and store it on a book shelf or in a cardboard box.

The Bible is of many minor contexts wrapped into one major context and that being the salvation of YHWH’s Crowning Creation in His own image, Mankind. The Bible, in spite of the truth that the Bible Yashuah ha’Mashiah taught Christianity from was and is the twenty-four books that Christians have divided into thirty-nine and labeled as the Old Testament. There, simply, was not any further writing that was Canonized before Yashuah was nailed to the cross and died for us.

As tough as it is to see, the Bible is composed of the Bible Yashuah taught from and the twenty-seven God Inspired Life Application Commentaries of the Renewed Covenant with man

Treason is where you defect and or work for the enemy against your nation.

Surrendering is giving Up and submitting to a conquering army.

Big difference.

JLB

My goodness, another man of much greater learning than I that still does not get it. Though I was in need to quit school at the beginning of my Ninth Geade Year to Join the Army, I just missed maxing my GED on a single test of the group I took.

I did take courses from the University of Maryland through the mail, without credit and I did personal History Studies such as Hitler and his ascent to the power that involved the World in his war to gain "The Master Race" control of the World.

I was a content List Man playing my guitars, singing C&W for pennies and the Blues for the fun of it. I ran through the ladies and wives as though there was an endless string to be enjoyed... forever.

The Bible seemed important to me but it was not understood by me, it read as gibberish to me until the very last moments of 1989.

As I sang in the New Year for the drunks in the Juke Joint I was Overcome and Indwelt by the Ruah, the Holy Spirit, that had been very troublesome for the entire Fall of that year, causing my heart to break at the music and lyrics of the Christian Music that was mixed into the C&W on CM TV.

I went home without a paycheck for my efforts because I did not play and sing the last two Sets that night.

But when I arrived home, my small, leather covered KJV fell open to the Gospel of Isaiah, Isa. 53, and I'm certain that because of my having read the Gospel of John so many times, Ruah connected the two but not just Isa. 53 to the words found in the New Testament but every word of both Testaments connected and be one separated only by the minds of men.

The Bible, as attested to in John 1: 1-5 created everything and therefore is the author of the Scriptures, from, “In the beginning...” of the Genesis through the very last word of The Revelation of Yashuah ha’Mashiah is one message and the Greatest Context of this record is the Salvation of Man, YHWH’s greatest creation on this planet.

The greatest error made today among the people calling themselves Christian is the lack of study. When the man, called by the Greek interpretation of Yashuah, Jesus, taught Christianity, He taught it from the Bible, the Bible that He had inspired to be written, complete with everything any man or woman needs to know to avoid eternity in the Lake of Fire.

So the truth of the matter is that there must be a difference in these two testaments, right? One, the New Testament has no legs of truth to stand on without an intimate knowledge of the writtings the last 27 books and letters of the Christian Version of the scriptures.

The Bible, as it existed in the First Century AD consisted of 24 books that Christians later divided into 39 and titled them as the Old Testament

There is a logical. Sensible View that when any person tries to explain it draws, often. Immediate retorts that lack any fore-hought or examination of the Scriptures. The Bible is composed of the 24 books of the Jewish Version of the scriptures and the only YHWH inspired Life Application Commentaries for the Bible are the 27 books and letters misnamed as the New Testament.

The easiest way for this to be seen is by using the version of your choice with the Thompson Chain Reference included. Then pick any noted and referenced verse/topic and follow the chained references back to the original verse in the Jewish Bible, a.k.a. the New Testament.

In spite of the Man Made division of Scripture, the Holy Bible has no division of chapter and verse but is to be read as a letter or as a novel. Furthermore, it must be read from beginning to end to grasp the context, a matter I see as having been thrown out of the education of our youth, today. If they read, and too dew do, they do not read the last chapter and store it on a book shelf or in a cardboard box.

The Bible is of many minor contexts wrapped into one major context and that being the salvation of YHWH’s Crowning Creation in His own image, Mankind. The Bible, in spite of the truth that the Bible Yashuah ha’Mashiah taught Christianity from was and is the twenty-four books that Christians have divided into thirty-nine and labeled as the Old Testament. There, simply, was not any further writing that was Canonized before Yashuah was nailed to the cross and died for us.

As tough as it is to see, the Bible is composed of the Bible Yashuah taught from and the twenty-seven God Inspired Life Application Commentaries of the Renewed Covenant with man

In the beginning is what brings us up to Rev 22:18, 19 as man has always tried to change that of what was already written in these letters from Genesis to Rev. When you take out the chapters, verses and even the punctuation's you see how God's word runs together from beginning to end as being Alpha and Omega. It's called using the full context from beginning to end to make sense of those things in between we might not understand as we are ever learning, but never coming to the full knowledge. The Bible is rich in history and cultures of the different time periods from Genesis to Rev. We see history repeating itself many times within the pages and the last time in the revelations given to John.

There are many good commentaries out there, but also many misleading commentaries. Each of us has a Bible and if you are truly asking and hearing the Holy Spirit teach you then you will not fall prey to the false teachers that are trying to deceive us with a feel good twisted word of God.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of all who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:5, 6.

Would I commit treason to serve God? Yes.
God warns us about vowing allegiance, remember? So imo if the country I vowed allegiance to turns against God, I must renounce my vow and serve God. If the country calls me a traitor, so be it..as long as I have not betrayed God.

However, and I feel we could be on the verge of this decision here in my country now... if I choose to serve God and an evil entity of the government calls me a traitor when in fact I am holding my faith and my God and the formerly God-serving country first, that is not being a traitor to me.

I think we should be willing to do anything for God. If we are certain that God is wanting us to do something that may be 'unpopular' by the world and it's standard, then we should be willing to do it. Whatever that may be.

The key here, however, is to know that this is God's will. Often people try and make their will, God's will.

It takes a relationship with our heavenly Father to know what and when to act, or what and when not to act. Only those that have trained to listen to that still-small voice of God on a daily basis will be able to do this.

In peace

Back