Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Armed Teachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
did statistic include stabbbings?

It is obvious that nobody here really wants to discuss this rationally. People have made up their minds, and if anyone dare confuse them with the facts, they respond, not by addressing those facts, but by making stuff up about the person that pointed them out or by bringing up other, often totally unrelated matters. When those are answered rationally, more stuff is made up and people imply that they can read minds and know exactly what someone is thinking. It has even been implied that I'm not a good Christian because I don't advocate arming first grade teachers. Can anyone show me where the Bible advocates that? No. Yet, some people here have found reason to cast doubt on my salvation because of my views. So, go ahead. Shoot yourselves and your children all you want. I'm pulling out of this discussion.

The TOG
PS. You might want to go over that list I linked to and see how many times shooters have been teachers or other staff and then decide whether giving them all guns is really such a good idea.

I was lurking here for quite a while before I became a member, and I have seen that advocated right here on this forum. I don't remember who it was, but it was shortly after the shooting at Sandy Hook.But if we ignore that and just look at this thread, then even though the article doesn't specifically state that all teachers in the country should be armed, both the article and people's reaction to it imply that that is the correct response.

The TOG​

Glad you decided to join us, welcome to CF. :)

so we should then disband the army then? how many soldiers a day commit suicide or year?.and I never said we should arm teachers. I prefer cops to be there as they have the training to deal with that. I can see teachers being armed but I can go into leo scenarios where they would lack the training to handle that. ie having a gun and trying to separate a fight and it goes south and the kid reaches for the gun.this is why in prisons the correction officers aren't armed inside with the inmates.

Hello Sandy,
I'm sorry our first exchange is one of contention but it seems we are at odds. The LORD God is indeed our final protection but He has placed us here to manage the world, not to bow down to it. The sad truth is that, as I said, I believe, the Tribulation is near and, for the last two thousand years, we have witnessed the advancement of evil and as Christians, we are the LORD's Army, here, on the Earth.

Your position has arisen inside the Church because the Church, by and large, has abandoned the study of the whole Bible and so many have fallen into or deathly close to heresy with the unscriptural New Testament and New Covenant movements. Jesus, Paul/Saul, Peter and the others taught from the same Bible, the one Christians, today, mistakenly call the Old Testament.

In fact it has been my position, for years now, that the New Testament is the only God Ordained Life Application Commentary on the Bible, the first thirty-nine books of the Christian Bible. When we study or when we read the entire book, in context, we find the truth and the truth is that God has not called for us to sacrifice, even one of our children to the minions of Satan. We are, indeed, called to resist them, without fear, to the point of the death of our natural bodies.

I really am not sure what you are say here, so let me reply with God's Word.

""Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against eh wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, they you may be able to withstand in that evil day, and having done all stand. Stand therefore, having girded up you waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, having shod you feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, praying always with prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints." Ephesians 6:10-18

I see nothing that mentions taking up earthy weapons to fight anyone.

who said that I wasn't being rational? I was. you mention bad teachers right? ok lets go there. the army has gangs in it and has for decades. they get them when they show up. if you doubt I can get the training that I have for it. next the dod has had a rape problem and has for decades. tailhook etc. yet you mention teachers who are worthy of trust? so the dod doesn't have schools on these bases? oh yes they do.this isn't new. its sad that it happens but remember that mr. Hassan was a soldier and commited an act of terror and was a major united states army. we arm colleges and colleges have their own police. odd that its is against logic to do the same with high crime schools.

I really am not sure what you are say here, so let me reply with God's Word.

""Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against eh wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, they you may be able to withstand in that evil day, and having done all stand. Stand therefore, having girded up you waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, having shod you feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, praying always with prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints." Ephesians 6:10-18

I see nothing that mentions taking up earthy weapons to fight anyone.
Sandy, I was as clear as I could have been without going aggressive to make my point and I'll not go there with you. The Army of the LORD is the entire Body of the Christ! You seem stuck in the New Testament and if you are, you are in trouble. The Bible, is the Book Jesus taught from. The New Testament of our Christian Bible is the only God Ordained or God Commissioned Life Application Commentary on the Bible.

The key verse to remember in this case is Mal. 3:6a, God does not ever change. The God of the Old Testament is God, period. The New Testament does not establish any doctrine of Christianity that I know of and when we look at what God has preserved for man to study, say Joshuah, God did not command His people to wait until He cleared the land of Canaan for them to enter, He commanded them to Pray, Trust Him and to go kill the Canaanites.

I hope that helps you to see where you ere.

They dont prosthetics I guess.

This guy believes Jesus wants Christians to purchase guns .

But didnt Jesus say those who draw the sword die by the sword?

They dont prosthetics I guess.

This guy believes Jesus wants Christians to purchase guns .

then jesus would also say. thou shall not call the cops in a time of rape, or any crime. don't be silly. defense of life isn't a sin.

But didnt Jesus say those who draw the sword die by the sword?

Why are guns even a discussion as a Christian? Don't we already have a protector? Are the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit not enough protection for us?
Ask the unborn the same question. You know, the ABORTED unborn.

My point: God is not here, we are. This is up to us.

I commend the actions of the ISD in the opening post. Responding from a position of weakness, as we so often do in the USA, resolves nothing. One child's life ended early by an armed attacker is unacceptable. Arming teachers and staff is a very reasonable response -and posting the sign is actually even better - the sign will stop an attack before it starts.

Finally, someone gets it.

I was lurking here for quite a while before I became a member, and I have seen that advocated right here on this forum. I don't remember who it was, but it was shortly after the shooting at Sandy Hook.But if we ignore that and just look at this thread, then even though the article doesn't specifically state that all teachers in the country should be armed, both the article and people's reaction to it imply that that is the correct response.

The TOG​
We arm the police so they can stand between us and evil.
Why not teachers? Who do I want to see protected more than little kids?

Anyway, TOG, how many kids deaths would it take for you to support arming "every teacher in the USA"?

As is the norm for internet freaks, people have taken to hiding behind their keyboards, thinking nobody can see what they are actually doing. Sandy, you and I disagree but you are not one I'm addressing here.

God knows and God cares and will and does judge every post, everyone of us, posts for the child that surfs the Web to read. When you take people out of context it is slander and God, neither does, nor shall he ever honor evil. In my house are two, short barreled pistols loaded with Wad Cutters that prevent some innocent person being killed outside my house, in the event that I am within ten feet of an intruder. This is the choice of myself and my wife.

When one reads the whole Bible it is clearly seen that God has called on His children to protect and to care for their wives and their children, to the point of dying for this cause. Further, it is clear, when we study the life of David, that there are different rolls for different folks in God's service. David was not allowed to build the Temple because he had the blood of war/combat on his hands, just like I, jasoncran and Major have. Myself, I am a God called Internet Evangelist and a Bible Teacher. Having served in Church Government, I know why God did not call me, my good friend Billy and some others to be pastors.

I do have the blood of men I enjoyed killing to save the lives of some American Mother's sons from death and I, Billy and others are prone to telling crybabies to put on their Big Boy Panties, suck it up and do the will of the Father, but stop crying like an infant. In my case, I loved teaching kids how to be men and I, way to much, enjoyed cheating the enemy out of a victory by turning the table on them and Pastors and Deacons must coddle the cry babies and try to turn their lives around without absolute sway over them. An Old Soldier that loved making men by force will never Pastor, just as David did not build the Temple.

Just for the record, somebody lied! I do not want, nor do I believe everybody should be armed, God forbid! I witnessed a good number of men receive their weapon and become idiots. That and the fact that I sleep, every night, with dead men and one six to nine month infant, every single night for the past 43+ years screams to me that many can not bear the load of dead men.

My prayer is that some of you drop the screen names, just as I, jason and Major have and realize that. like it or not, every word you post will be counted to you at the Bema Seat of Judgment. It will make for much more civil conversations.

As is the norm for internet freaks, people have taken to hiding behind their keyboards, thinking nobody can see what they are actually doing. Sandy, you and I disagree but you are not one I'm addressing here.

God knows and God cares and will and does judge every post, everyone of us, posts for the child that surfs the Web to read. When you take people out of context it is slander and God, neither does, nor shall he ever honor evil. In my house are two, short barreled pistols loaded with Wad Cutters that prevent some innocent person being killed outside my house, in the event that I am within ten feet of an intruder. This is the choice of myself and my wife.

When one reads the whole Bible it is clearly seen that God has called on His children to protect and to care for their wives and their children, to the point of dying for this cause. Further, it is clear, when we study the life of David, that there are different rolls for different folks in God's service. David was not allowed to build the Temple because he had the blood of war/combat on his hands, just like I, jasoncran and Major have. Myself, I am a God called Internet Evangelist and a Bible Teacher. Having served in Church Government, I know why God did not call me, my good friend Billy and some others to be pastors.

I do have the blood of men I enjoyed killing to save the lives of some American Mother's sons from death and I, Billy and others are prone to telling crybabies to put on their Big Boy Panties, suck it up and do the will of the Father, but stop crying like an infant. In my case, I loved teaching kids how to be men and I, way to much, enjoyed cheating the enemy out of a victory by turning the table on them and Pastors and Deacons must coddle the cry babies and try to turn their lives around without absolute sway over them. An Old Soldier that loved making men by force will never Pastor, just as David did not build the Temple.

Just for the record, somebody lied! I do not want, nor do I believe everybody should be armed, God forbid! I witnessed a good number of men receive their weapon and become idiots. That and the fact that I sleep, every night, with dead men and one six to nine month infant, every single night for the past 43+ years screams to me that many can not bear the load of dead men.

My prayer is that some of you drop the screen names, just as I, jason and Major have and realize that. like it or not, every word you post will be counted to you at the Bema Seat of Judgment. It will make for much more civil conversations.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal buy mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down argument and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God" 2 Cor. 10:4 Who are you disagreeing with exactly? I have not killed anyone so I do not bare the burden that you do, but I have seen God conquer my enemy.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal buy mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down argument and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God" 2 Cor. 10:4 Who are you disagreeing with exactly? I have not killed anyone so I do not bare the burden that you do, but I have seen God conquer my enemy.
Sandy, on one level you are completely correct, that is the Spiritual or Spirit level. On the other hand, the News Article, the sign and this discussion are about the Natural World we live in until our death. You are attempting, as so many New Testament (misnomer) Christians do, to deal with terrorists on the Spirit level.

God is the Judge on the Spirit Level and we must judge on the natural Level by peple's fruit. Even before I converted I knew a man or a woman were no good when their fruit smelled unpleasant and in Combat I killed them and here in the US, I, most often, carried my Piece, not to shoot them, so much, but to warn them to cease pounding on the laddie, the child and sometimes the guy on the ground.

When I am attacked by the minions of Satan, my Pistol is found under my pillow as I fall on my face and pray. If a Home Grown or a Foreign Terrorist is about to murder my ons of grand-babies or my soon to be great-grand-baby, it is my duty to God, my wife, my daughter and my grandchild to kill the creep first and then to worry about all else.

I am from Texas, of Texas Farm Stock and I was raised with a gun in my hand and yes, I might die with my gun in my hand but I will not die saying what if? A coward dies a thousand deaths a day but a brave and God fearing man dies just once and then goes to Heaven.

Sandy, you're stuck in the Commentary but if you will purchase, say, a Thompson Chain Reference Bible you'll find that every verse of the New Testament is explaining the life application of one or more passages of the Bible, Jesus taught from.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back