Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Assemblies Pentecostalism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MickeyDD

Okay, I know this will strike a polemic debate but bare with me. It's a long story but I got involved in an Assemblies of God Pentecostal church and know what doctrine they preach from the pulpit. To say they have an Arminian view of soteriology is an understatement.

Concerning the Assemblies of God Pentecostal church I have come to a conclusion.
"kosmos” one of the Greek words used for world in the N.T. is the world order system of arrangement. It is the present world system that Satan has organized of unbelieving mankind on principles of force, greed, ambition, selfishness and success of a worldly sort pertaining to wealth, material possessions and power. The world system is imposing and powerful, possessing armies and military forces. BUT - religious, cultured, scientific and elegant but full of national rivalries and ambitions as well as commercial and individual rivalries and ambitions: Full of pride. It is dominated by satanic principles and upheld by armed forces. (Scofield notes paraphrased and abridged by me)
It includes the education system, governments and entertainment system.

What I have discovered beyond the surface meaning of the text of Galatians 1 and having a basic understanding of what the kosmos truly is, it’s not like most Christians [babies] think it is. It’s also very subtle and deceiving, not an obvious blatant evil in your face but also consists of culture, elegance, and complex religious systems WITHIN CHRISTIANITY! And who controls the world system (rhetorical)? “ Another gospel”, in its many subtle seductive forms, is so close to the gospel itself that the masses flock to it in all deception! Paul also speaks of receiving “another spirit which we have not received.” So what spirit, or familiar spirits do these people receive in those churches? Can it be so, that there are churches within Christian denominations that consist of mainly tares?
The seriousness of this is far beyond what most think. A perversion of the gospel of the grace of God that denies the sufficiency of grace alone to save, keep and perfect the saints and mixes and adds some form of human merit and effort, whether adding more than faith alone for justification or effort to maintain the process through life, sanctification, is no gospel at all. This is nothing less than blasphemy, and who can be saved with a gospel like this? The conclusion is but one. The teachers are under the terrible “ananthema” of God. They destroy the faith of many and will not be held guiltless