Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Audio commentary for the New Testament

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
GotQuestions.com is pretty usefull, unfortunately they teach antinomianism like majority of churches.

Here is a much better one I found.

They go deep into the original languages and expound each verse from the point of view of ancient jews. I'm mostly through the book of Mathew here, but there is so much to learn here.
Ok, I have noticed what you are talking about before, but I will check out what you have sent, and let you know something.

I've already addressed your points while you ignored mine. You're clearly uninformed repeating the same thing over and over. Until you start answering my questions we are done here.

God bless you.

I have answered your questions, and you certainly haven't addressed the scriptures I have presented because you can't.

You just keep repeating your opinion while I post scriptures and you deny them.

When you are ready to face the truth that the scriptures teach let me know.

Which law are you referring to?

• The Torah; The first 5 books of the Bible?
  • The law of Moses that was added to the Abrahamic Covenant? Includes submission to the Levitical priesthood, physical circumcision, animal sacrifices, strict adherence to their Sabbath regulations or be put to death, observing feast days, ceremonial washings, returning to Jerusalem every year for the Passover, ... and on and on and on.
  • The law of Christ?
  • The law of Faith?
  • The law of Gravity?

If you believe you are under the law, obligated to obey every single precept, and commandment (613) then please explain these following scriptures.

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. Romans 7:4

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace Ephesians 2:14-15

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

Until the Seed should come...

Has the Seed, the Messiah come?

Romans 7:14 - "For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin."

It means God's law is holy and spiritual - Romans 7:12 "Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good."

But things of the spirit always fight things of the flesh - Galatians 5:17 "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."

Ephesians 2:15 - "by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,"
You have to read the original language to see the true meaning of it. The greek word for law is νόμον (nomon), but it's the same word used for ANY kind of law, including laws not commanded to us by God. An additional clue is the word δόγμασιν (dogmasin) which is referred to man-made laws, not God given laws in the Torah.

Ephesians 2:14 - "For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility"
Dividing wall of hostility referred to a man made law by the Pharisees that said the gentiles are unclean like pigs and dogs. That's NOT God's law, it's a man-made law.

Also Acts 10:12 where Peter was presented with all sorts of animals on a heavenly sheet, the word “common”(Koinos-Common/Defiled) is vastly different from “unclean”(Akarthatos-Impure/Unclean). There were unclean animals mixed with clean ones, and it was a tradition made up by the Pharisees that you can't eat clean animals that were mixed with unclean. It's a made up tradition, and God taught him a lesson that it's ok to eat with gentiles. Peter disobeyed God 3 times as he has in the past, but he eventually learns the lesson that God was trying to teach him which Peter says in Acts 10:28 "Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." This is the wall of separation between Jews and gentiles.

Galatians 3:19 - "Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary."

God's law was specified because people committed immoralities. The law teaches what sin is. That was God's solution to sin, but it wasn't until Christ came and was sacrificed for our sins that we are no longer under the curse of the law, and we don't have to be physically circumcised according to the law to be considered members of the kingdom of heaven. This is the meaning of grace. We are saved by God's grace through faith on the sacrifice of Christ, and all our sins are forgiven, unlike the old covenant where people went to paradise in the Earth instead of heaven because their sins have not been fully forgiven.

This does not mean the law disappeared as it still defines what sin is

1 John 3:4 “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.”

Romans 7:7 “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

And it still pleases God when we obey ALL his commandments that apply to us. We are rewarded for it in addition to other good works that we do for God

Mathew 5:19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Sir, The scriptures, speak for themselves.

Love, Walter

Reactions: JLB
GotQuestions.com is pretty usefull, unfortunately they teach antinomianism like majority of churches.

Here is a much better one I found.

They go deep into the original languages and expound each verse from the point of view of ancient jews. I'm mostly through the book of Mathew here, but there is so much to learn here.
We are already studying The Torah Portions, but thank you.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
I have answered your questions, and you certainly haven't addressed the scriptures I have presented because you can't.

You just keep repeating your opinion while I post scriptures and you deny them.

When you are ready to face the truth that the scriptures teach let me know.

Which law are you referring to?

• The Torah; The first 5 books of the Bible?
  • The law of Moses that was added to the Abrahamic Covenant? Includes submission to the Levitical priesthood, physical circumcision, animal sacrifices, strict adherence to their Sabbath regulations or be put to death, observing feast days, ceremonial washings, returning to Jerusalem every year for the Passover, ... and on and on and on.
  • The law of Christ?
  • The law of Faith?
  • The law of Gravity?

If you believe you are under the law, obligated to obey every single precept, and commandment (613) then please explain these following scriptures.

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. Romans 7:4

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace Ephesians 2:14-15

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

Has the Seed, the Messiah come?
You're lying. You never answered my questions or addressed the scriptures I gave you.

How do you define sin?
How do you know you're loving God?
How do you know you're loving neighbor?
How do you know it's the Holy Spirit telling you to disobey God's law and not some other spirit?

You're lying. You never answered my questions or addressed the scriptures I gave you.

How do you define sin?
How do you know you're loving God?
How do you know you're loving neighbor?
How do you know it's the Holy Spirit telling you to disobey God's law and not some other spirit?

Sorry but everytime I have asked to address these scriptures you change the subject and refuse to acknowledge or address what I have posted or the scriptures I have given.

Again -

Let me know when you can address these scriptures.

Jesus Christ abolished in His flesh the law of commandments contained in ordnances.

The law of Moses being abolished doesn't mean we are not obligated to follow the law of Christ, which are more stringent than that of the law of Moses.

Under the law of Moses they sacrificed animals for their sins.

Do you sacrifice animals for your sins? If you don't then you are not keeping the law of Moses?

JLB

Sorry but everytime I have asked to address these scriptures you change the subject and refuse to acknowledge or address what I have posted or the scriptures I have given.

Again -

Let me know when you can address these scriptures.

Jesus Christ abolished in His flesh the law of commandments contained in ordnances.

The law of Moses being abolished doesn't mean we are not obligated to follow the law of Christ, which are more stringent than that of the law of Moses.

Under the law of Moses they sacrificed animals for their sins.

Do you sacrifice animals for your sins? If you don't then you are not keeping the law of Moses?

JLB
That's not true. I've addressed your scriptures, but you never addressed my questions. So until you do I'm not addressing anything else.

Back