Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

August Burns Red & War of Ages

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Free

Lead Admin - christianforums.net
Staff member
Lead Admin
[video=youtube;ugPxKkDmh5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugPxKkDmh5M&ob=av2e[/video]

I used to not like this style but now this really gets me pumped for my workouts. And it all started with this one a few weeks ago:

[video=youtube;aCX5eXo-4jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCX5eXo-4jk[/video]

What's happening to me? It seems as though I'm coming full circle to my younger years listening to Christian metal, punk and thrash. But this is much better. lol

Still kind of have mixed feelings about it. Is it truly Christian or is it trying to be like the world?

I think christian metal is great, as long as the band is seeking to glorify God with their music, and not themselves. You should be able to tell by the lyrics.

As for them trying to be like the world, even Jesus went to the worst people around where they were at. I think there are a lot of good christian metal bands out there, doing what Jesus himself would do, meeting today's people where they're at, telling them about what God has done for them.

As long as their message is good, they should be alright :biggrin

(personally I like a lot of christian metal, if you want I'll give you some band names :biggrin)

I think christian metal is great, as long as the band is seeking to glorify God with their music, and not themselves. You should be able to tell by the lyrics.

As for them trying to be like the world, even Jesus went to the worst people around where they were at. I think there are a lot of good christian metal bands out there, doing what Jesus himself would do, meeting today's people where they're at, telling them about what God has done for them.

As long as their message is good, they should be alright :biggrin

(personally I like a lot of christian metal, if you want I'll give you some band names :biggrin)
I tend to agree about the message. I have found quite a few "Christian" bands whose lyrics don't say anything Christian. It's not that they say terrible things but there is really nothing positive. And most of them I have found have been in mellower genres.

I'm really not into metal, although I do have three Demon Hunter songs and the War of Ages song above (gotta love things like iTunes for the ability to pick and choose songs). I really just like good hard rock (Project 86, Blindside, Red). To me August Burns Red kind of mixes the metal sound with really hard rock. I suppose that could be what metalcore is all about. I do prefer actual singing over that style as well, but I really like that song.

jasoncran said:
i wont go there. its hard to wrestle listening to praise music.
I go right from this stuff to Christmas music. Whatever the mood of the moment is.

Found this gem today--Haste the Day, "Chorus of Angels":

[video=youtube;mlUDSiHm8lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlUDSiHm8lg[/video]

Chorus of Angels
Destroy my silence
That haunts me
That claims me
While darkness walks beside me

Chorus of Angels
Destroy my silence
That haunts me
That claims me

[Chorus:]
I saw the Angels sing along to wake up the beautiful sleeping world
Their voices will rise to test the strength of man
Wake up the beautiful sleeping world
Wake up
wake up now, wake up now (ambient)

We will see the fire
We will see
The skies will open up
The sky will open
The clouds will burn red and our sins will forget us
Our sins will forget us
And time will not shake us
Our hearts are made of gold
Made of gold
These walls won't over take us
Over take us

Wake up

We will see the fire
We will see
The skies will open up
The sky will open
The clouds will burn red and our sins will forget us
Our sins will forget us
And time will not shake us
Our hearts are made of gold
Made of gold
Over take us

Beautiful sleeping world
Wake up

Chorus of Angels
Destroy my silence
That haunts me
That claims me

Chorus of Angels
Destroy my silence
That haunts me
That claims me

Chorus of Angels, wake me, wake me
I saw the Angels sing, wake up the beautiful sleeping world
Wake up, lay the foundations, the foundations of the earth, of the earth

Wake up now, wake up now, wake up now, wake up now, wake up now, wake up now, wake up now, wake up now, wake (ambient fade out)

http://www.lyricsmania.com/chorus_of_angels_lyrics_haste_the_day.html

Yeah, "Chorus of Angels" is an incredible song. I had not heard of Wolves at the Gate but now I have that song and a few others. They have great lyrics.

Still kind of have mixed feelings about it. Is it truly Christian or is it trying to be like the world?
I didn't even have to say it, you said it for me.

That music stirs up emotions that just cannot be pleasing to God. :nono2

There is an old saying that states that "music soothes the savage beast."

There is absolutely nothing soothing about this music. It's not original and it's totally unintelligible.

Makes me want to gouge out my eyes. :eeeekkk

I didn't even have to say it, you said it for me.
Well, it could be said that almost all Christian music is trying to be like the world.

That music stirs up emotions that just cannot be pleasing to God. :nono2

There is an old saying that states that "music soothes the savage beast."
But is that saying in the Bible? ;) I find it does stir emotions up but in a way that helps me workout.

There is absolutely nothing soothing about this music. It's not original and it's totally unintelligible.
A lot of it is unintelligible but I don't think it is meant to be soothing.

Vic said:
Makes me want to gouge out my eyes. :eeeekkk
Haha...then you best not listen to it. That reminds me of something my 16 year-old niece said a few months ago when someone asked her if she like country music: "When I hear country music, it makes me want to rip off my ears and staple them to my throat" (complete with actions). It was quite funny and I still chuckle about it. But I also tend to agree with her.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back