Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

bad news..... god is going to withhold the phenomenon of signs and wonder until word and spirit join

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When "signs and wonders" came to the people in bondage of Israel in Egypt, an entire generation of Israelites, save for 2, were destroyed in the desert for unbelief, not to mention a great of agitation, grief, dismay and destruction to the people of Egypt.

Luke 11:29
And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

When "signs and wonders" came to the people in bondage of Israel in Egypt, an entire generation of Israelites, save for 2, were destroyed in the desert for unbelief, not to mention a great of agitation, grief, dismay and destruction to the people of Egypt.

And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Those full of unbelief don't expect a sign. Your misquoting a scripture. Thesaintman is talking about healing, miracles and things like that.

Joh_14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Those full of unbelief don't expect a sign. Your misquoting a scripture. Thesaintman is talking about healing, miracles and things like that.

I cited Jesus. I take it that He was speaking, truthfully.

God performs miracles every day somewhere. I've read tons of testimonies and have several myself. Yoububes loaded with video testimonies.

Signs and wonders don't necessarily make believers out of non-believers though. The Israelites proved that, and so do we on this board every day, lol. People will deny anything and seek to explain it away by mans terms. Lawyeritis.

Signs and wonders do seem to encourage faith in those who already believe though. If you want to see some signs and wonders, draw close to God and ask. Ye have not because ye ask not, right? But blessed are those who did not see, and yet still believed.

I cited Jesus. I take it that He was speaking, truthfully.

He was, but He was talking about Jonah, not what Thissaintman was talking about.

God performs miracles every day somewhere. I've read tons of testimonies and have several myself. Yoububes loaded with video testimonies.

Signs and wonders don't necessarily make believers out of non-believers though. The Israelites proved that, and so do we on this board every day, lol. People will deny anything and seek to explain it away by mans terms. Lawyeritis.

Signs and wonders do seem to encourage faith in those who already believe though. If you want to see some signs and wonders, draw close to God and ask. Ye have not because ye ask not, right? But blessed are those who did not see, and yet still believed.

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
(Jer 33:3)

But blessed are those who did not see, and yet still believed.

Indeed.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Very few of us actually 'witness' a miracle or "signs" to believe. We do so because the Spirit of Christ came to us and into our hearts, unseen, by faith.

Correct above ..... we must live by faith [Romans 8]

We are currently living in the Lord's dispensation of grace [Ephesians 3:1-6]

He is now waiting [2 Peter 3:8-9] for His next intervention after this [Romans 11:25]

So there will be no signs, warnings, or wonders until He is ready

The first day of the Lord will come like this [Psalms 2; Matthew 24:36-39; Matthew 25:13; Revelation 6:12-17]

He will come as a thief ..... there will be no warning .... there will be no signs before

Israel has returned to the land, but the Day of the Lord has not yet begun .... when it comes, there will be no doubt about it

Does it really matter? An evil generation seek a sign. Maybe we should be cautious of asking for same?

I'd keep in mind that to more who is given, more will be required. It's been said that we should be careful what we ask for, because of this, and it may be asking for the Lord to take us to our limits of pain. Think that through first!

I'd keep in mind that to more who is given, more will be required. It's been said that we should be careful what we ask for, because of this, and it may be asking for the Lord to take us to our limits of pain. Think that through first!
Indeed again! We are to use caution in how we measure and what we hear. Whatever measures we deploy will be used against us, or for us, as the cases of measures may be.

Matthew 7:
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"Which was the sign of Jonah. What where they asking, what was the sign?"

The phrase “sign of Jonah” was used by Jesus as a typological metaphor for His future crucifixion, burial, and resurrection .... Jesus answered with this expression when asked by the Pharisees for miraculous proof the He was indeed the Messiah.

The Pharisees remained unconvinced of Jesus’ claims about Himself, despite His having just cured a demon-possessed man who was both blind and mute

Shortly after the Pharisees accused Jesus of driving out demons by the power of Satan, they said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you”.... He answered, “a wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

People ask for and think they see signs for predicting the Lord's next intervention .... a bit different, but similar behavior

There will be no signs or warning given before His sudden intervention .... all of these things will be a part of His intrusion as a thief

Does it really matter? An evil generation seek a sign. Maybe we should be cautious of asking for same?

"Which was the sign of Jonah. What where they asking, what was the sign?"

The phrase “sign of Jonah” was used by Jesus as a typological metaphor for His future crucifixion, burial, and resurrection .... Jesus answered with this expression when asked by the Pharisees for miraculous proof the He was indeed the Messiah.

The Pharisees remained unconvinced of Jesus’ claims about Himself, despite His having just cured a demon-possessed man who was both blind and mute

Shortly after the Pharisees accused Jesus of driving out demons by the power of Satan, they said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you”.... He answered, “a wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

People ask for and think they see signs for predicting the Lord's next intervention .... a bit different, but similar behavior

There will be no signs or warning given before His sudden intervention .... all of these things will be a part of His intrusion as a thief

What Bible Linker said:

The sign they wanted was proof that He was the Messiah they had been waiting on. Some form of evidence that He was, who He said he was. Jesus said no sign, but as Jonah shall be given, who was in the belly of Hell, and brought back out.

So, raising the dead, healing folks, casting out devils were things they already seen Jesus do, that was not the sign they were looking for.

As believers we want to be around where Jesus is performing the Word with signs following and expecting them.

If we did not expect a sign of something, then there would be no reason to believe any scriptures, as Jesus said you must believe you receive first.

What Bible Linker said:

The sign they wanted was proof that He was the Messiah they had been waiting on. Some form of evidence that He was, who He said he was. Jesus said no sign, but as Jonah shall be given, who was in the belly of Hell, and brought back out.

Why did that particular aspect of Johah linked as being "thee sign?" Jonah has many signs attached to his ministry that are equally miraculous, repentance being one of those signs. An entire book could be written about the various "signs" with Jonah. The minister being thrown from the ship, into the troubled water, then said water being stilled, being a massive sign, for example.

If we did not expect a sign of something, then there would be no reason to believe any scriptures, as Jesus said you must believe you receive first.

I fellowshipped with charismatics, being one myself, for many years, and everything they (and I) said and did, they (and I) thought was a "personal" sign from God in Christ, when most of the time it was nothing but our own imaginations, and various forms of 'testing' God, so we could "see" His "somethings" happen, as if God is some magic formula who must respond on our 'cue' of whatever incantations they (and I) applied to see things. It got to the point of ridiculousness for me, and I had to walk away from them, as they were all talking with God, yet none of them really heard the same things whatsoever. There was in fact a different God carved out in every tent of them, showing the activity to be personal idolatry.

Everyone had their own "formula" carving. And there was usually a new formula delivered in every service.

" It got to the point of ridiculousness for me, and I had to walk away from them, as they were all talking with God, yet none of them really heard the same things whatsoever. There was in fact a different God carved out in every tent of them, showing the activity to be personal idolatry."

You have done the right thing to do .... good move !!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back