Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] BANG!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well there are only two options. Either the universe had a beginning or it is eternal. An eternal universe doesn't need a creator. The big bang says the universe has a beginning in the finite past. Thus the big bang says the universe was created and not eternal.

Yes but the difference is why is was created and how. I think it is insane to say that the universe came into being out of nothing without having a creator outside of said universe, and i think it is even worse to be teaching that to young impressionable minds.

John said:
Well there are only two options. Either the universe had a beginning or it is eternal. An eternal universe doesn't need a creator. The big bang says the universe has a beginning in the finite past. Thus the big bang says the universe was created and not eternal.

Yes but the difference is why is was created and how. I think it is insane to say that the universe came into being out of nothing without having a creator outside of said universe, and i think it is even worse to be teaching that to young impressionable minds.

What scientists are referring to when they talk about the big bang theory is really only a description of the aftermath of the bang. Conventional big bang theory says nothing about, what banged,why it banged or what happened before it banged.

What scientists are referring to when they talk about the big bang theory is really only a description of the aftermath of the bang. Conventional big bang theory says nothing about, what banged,why it banged or what happened before it banged.

Then perhaps they should fix the education system to stop teaching BB theory because the text books keep pushing stuff like how and why when no one even knows.

Also if the BB occurred and no one was around to witness it did it make a sound? :rolling

John said:
Also if the BB occurred and no one was around to witness it did it make a sound? :rolling

Your cleverness boggles the mind.

John said:
Just my :twocents but...

We also have the background radiation discovery that won Penzias and Wilson the Nobel Prize. This is the leftover radiation from the BB.

Isn't that a assumption based on the presupposition that there was a Big bang event?
The universe is expanding and the cosmic background radiation exists. That's observed fact, not assumption.

Any theory has to conform to the observed facts. A strength of the Big Bang theory is that it explains both the expansion and the radiation. Its rival back in the day, the Steady State theory, accounted for the expansion but didn't explain the radiation. That's why the Big Bang won out in the 1960s.

logical bob said:
John said:
Just my :twocents but...

We also have the background radiation discovery that won Penzias and Wilson the Nobel Prize. This is the leftover radiation from the BB.

Isn't that a assumption based on the presupposition that there was a Big bang event?
The universe is expanding and the cosmic background radiation exists. That's observed fact, not assumption.

Any theory has to conform to the observed facts. A strength of the Big Bang theory is that it explains both the expansion and the radiation. Its rival back in the day, the Steady State theory, accounted for the expansion but didn't explain the radiation. That's why the Big Bang won out in the 1960s.

I personally think the Big Bang is consistent with a beginning. The theory shouldn't cause any major problems for creationists.

Back