Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Barak or Baraq

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Josef

Right, but isn't it true that that Jesus' death put an end to sacrifice?

God bless,
Ted
Hey All,
Is this true?
I don't know what goes on in a Jewish synagogue.
They don't make sacrifice anymore?
And you are saying that the reason is Jesus' death?
Do the Jewish people acknowledge the book of Hebrews as part of their canon of Scripture?
Is it becomes of Hebrews that they no longer make sacrifice?
Can anyone that is Jewish confirm this?
This is the first time I ever heard anyone use Jesus as the reason for Jews no longer making sacrifice.

Hi Josef

It really doesn't matter whether or not the Jews stopped sacrificing. I mean they didn't get 'who' Jesus was either. So some may have still participated and practiced animal sacrifice after Jesus' death, but that's because they didn't understand that he was the final sacrifice. The Jews likely still practiced sacrifice for some time, although I don't think they still do. But if they didn't understand who Jesus was then yes, they would have still kept the sacrifice for sin going. But it wouldn't have done them any good. Jesus' death was the final and perfect sacrifice for all sin.

So, I'm not saying that the Jews understood that Jesus' death meant that they no longer needed to sacrifice. I'm saying that the Scriptures tell us that Jesus was the final sacrifice for sin. Do you sacrifice animals for sin at your worship services? I'm not saying that the Jews understood that that's what Jesus' death represented, but it is what Jesus' death represented. If sacrifices for sin are still necessary, then you better get to sacrificing. I think lambs are going for about $300-400 today. Depending on how much you sin, you'll likely need several.

The angel Gabriel told Daniel that the Jews had 70 sevens in which to bring in righteousness. Even though they didn't understand that's what they were doing, it was Jesus' death that accomplished that.

“Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

All these things the Jewish people did when they crucified Jesus. They didn't know they were doing all that by killing him. But that's what they did. Or do you believe that Jesus is not our everlasting righteousness. They also sealed up vision and prophecy during the 400 years of the intertestamental period before Jesus came.

But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

And:
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—
Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Anyway, as I started out with this discussion, the only still unclear part for me, is Gabriel's explanation that: He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. But that's the reason that I struggle with it because Jesus did put an end, certainly for the necessity to sacrifice, as practiced by the Jews.

From Ligonier.org:
NATHAN W. BINGHAM: This week, I’m joined by the Old Testament professor at Reformation Bible College, Dr. Ben Shaw. Dr. Shaw, what happened to the Old Testament practice of animal sacrifices?

DR. BEN SHAW: Well, it stopped. And there’s really two reasons: the practical reason, and then the theological reason. The practical reason is they stopped in 586 BC when the Babylonians destroyed the temple in Jerusalem, although they were restarted after the exile and continued then until the temple was destroyed again by the Romans in AD 70. So that’s the practical reason. The theological reason is they stopped because Christ fulfilled them. And we have that lined up for us in the book of Hebrews.

God bless,
Ted

Hi all,

Of course we are now well off course of the OP who is trying to demonize former President Barack Obama. I just don't understand christians who demonize politicians here in the states as being the Antichrist or some other demon of the Scriptures. I remember when it was President Bill Clinton. Then it was President Bush (both). I'm not into that. But I'll tell you who the most blasphemous president is. Right now, Grump is touting a bible with the words of a song declaring the greatness of America as being a necessary part of it. With the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of rights both also included. For me, that's the worst blasphemy of any presidential act as regards religious faith.

A man who doesn't even participate with the fellowship of believers is making money off of suckers who want to think that somehow the U.S. is special unto God. The only nation that God loves is Israel. And there is just no way that the U.S., with all of its rampant sin, is special unto God. We are just another nation on the face of the earth as it has been spinning on its axis now for about 6,000 years. Nations rise and nations fall as time marches inexorably to the final days.

God bless,
Ted

Hey All,
miamited, how ya doin? On the original topic, the US plays a major role in Israel's exitstence. If we ever pull our support, I believe Israel will be attacked quickly.
I really would like to see the US throw a monkey wrench into the issue. I believe we should offer Israel provincial statehood status. Let the Israeli people vote on it. Then say 10-15 years later let them vote again whether they want to make it permanent. How would that change the political dynamics?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hi Taz,

I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. I hope you're enjoying the time of year that we honor the sacrifice of Jesus for our sin. Well, I expect the political scene to become more and more troublesome as we move to the end of these last days. However, I think the Scriptures are reasonably clear that the world is always going to be against the things of God, and the Jews are still God's people, despite their waywardness, just as our own. A lot of 'christians' honor God with their mouths but not with their hearts, just as God accused Israel. Human beings are the same in most regards. The Scriptures actually paint a picture that in the last days, the entire world will rise up against Israel.

We will just have to wait and see how that works out. But yes, as believers, I think we will see the prophecies as they are fulfilled of all that is going to usher in the return of our Lord. Praise God!

And BTW, I'm not saying that my interpretation on this matter we've been recently discussing is the truth of it all. But it is true that Jesus ended the need for animal sacrifice for sin. So he did, in effect, put an end to sacrifice. Now, the next sentence that says 'He' will make some abomination at the temple, pretty obviously isn't about Jesus. So, that's the one thing that I'm still unclear on in this specific piece of God's word. I actually believe that the abomination at the temple is already here and it's the structure that honors the Muslim god built right on the wing of where the temple used to be, the temple mount. And it will stand until the end when God will swiftly bring this realm of His creating to its end and create another, better realm for His children.

God bless,
Ted

greetings
R-96.gif

I end this discussion, you guys didn't get the point, but please continue
Ephesians 5: 16

greetings
R-96.gif

Hi TheWordIsOne

That's likely because, though repeated requests have been made of you, you haven't made any point. I keep asking you to explain what it is that you're trying to say, but you don't have the ability or willingness to just say what it is that you're trying to say. But hey, you're free to lay the blame on all of us if you like.

God bless you and may you enjoy a wonderful and joyous time in celebrating this resurrection weekend.
Ted

greetings
R-96.gif

Hey All,
"Its Over?
You Think You Can End This?
You Think It's Over Because You Say So?
Nothing Is Over Till We Say It's Over."

What movie was that from?
I think it was Belushi in Animal House.

Seriously, you never made a point other than trying to say President Obama is somehow the antichrist. I don't agree with everything he did. But he is a decent man.
If he was able to run for a third term, he would beat both of present candidates handily.
(So would President Bush for that matter.)

Who is now selling Bibles as a campaign fund strategy?
I sure hope nobody fails for that.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

All hail the insect overlord!!

sub-buzz-3467-1710544827-1.png
Yeah it's always a dangerous place to be when a supposed 'christian' trying to be hateful can't even spell the most important word that they're pushing. That's when you know you're dealing with a CINO.

God bless,
Ted

Yeah it's always a dangerous place to be when a supposed 'christian' trying to be hateful can't even spell the most important word that they're pushing. That's when you know you're dealing with a CINO.

God bless,
Ted
Or someone who just isn't very bright.

God bless,
Ted
Hey All,
Oh! The antchrist!
Well maybe he is.
There's a queen Bee.
So why not an antchrist?
Swarm! Swarm!

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Back