Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Barak or Baraq

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Barack, also spelled Barak or Baraq, is a given name of Arabic origin.
From the Semitic root B-R-K, it means "blessed" and is most commonly used in its feminine form Baraka(h).
The Semitic root B-R-K has the original meaning of "to kneel down", with a secondary meaning "to bless".

Obama is a common Fang surname in western Central Africa. Obama is a common Luo surname. It means "to lean", "to bend", "bent over", or "limping". Obama, also translated as Ohama or Kohama, (小浜 or 小濱) is a Japanese surname literally meaning "little beach" or "little island".

Barak means Lighting: Hebrew meaning This comes from Barak,

And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Hi TheWordIsOne

Pretty confusing round-a-bout there. Was there some point you were making? What does the surname Obama, being a western Central African name, have to do with biblical growth and study?

God bless,
Ted
Enlightenment
dca084r-c7e9accb-75df-440b-bad0-ce9561c6d430.gif

Barack, also spelled Barak or Baraq, is a given name of Arabic origin.
From the Semitic root B-R-K, it means "blessed" and is most commonly used in its feminine form Baraka(h).
The Semitic root B-R-K has the original meaning of "to kneel down", with a secondary meaning "to bless".

Obama is a common Fang surname in western Central Africa. Obama is a common Luo surname. It means "to lean", "to bend", "bent over", or "limping". Obama, also translated as Ohama or Kohama, (小浜 or 小濱) is a Japanese surname literally meaning "little beach" or "little island".

Barak means Lighting: Hebrew meaning This comes from Barak,

And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Hey All,
Take your racist viewpoint and; well you know where you can stuff it.
Are you seriously making fun of the man's name? A name given him by his parents; of which he had no control? President Obama's name does not make him an Arab. He has already passed the contents of his character part of the test.

What's in your heart?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Enlightenment
dca084r-c7e9accb-75df-440b-bad0-ce9561c6d430.gif
Hi TheWordIsOne

Well, let me claim serious density here. What exactly is that point of your enlightenment? What is it exactly that you believe you are enlightening others of? That the surname 'Obama' is a western Central African derived name? Ok. Thanks for that. Can you also research 'McFarland' and tell me where my ancestors came from? How about your own? Where did your surname originate in the history of surnames upon the earth?

Your tone of inquiry here seems to be making some point about someone's name coming from another geographical area of the earth. Which I imagine that most surnames come from somewhere else since America is only about 400 years old. I really don't think that there are many American derived surnames, if any at all. Since you're so involved with researching where surnames originated, can you give me a surname that is an American invention?

God bless,
Ted

Sorry, but I see no video or whatever it is you are presenting, but by what others are saying it probably isn't worth discussing.

I'm third generation Romanian and Portuguese and a very long generation German. Does it make me a bad person because of where my ancestors came from!!!

Hey All,
Take your racist viewpoint and; well you know where you can stuff it.
Are you seriously making fun of the man's name? A name given him by his parents; of which he had no control? President Obama's name does not make him an Arab. He has already passed the contents of his character part of the test.

What's in your heart?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
if you say so
The eye see everything

Hi TheWordIsOne

Well, let me claim serious density here. What exactly is that point of your enlightenment? What is it exactly that you believe you are enlightening others of? That the surname 'Obama' is a western Central African derived name? Ok. Thanks for that. Can you also research 'McFarland' and tell me where my ancestors came from? How about your own? Where did your surname originate in the history of surnames upon the earth?

Your tone of inquiry here seems to be making some point about someone's name coming from another geographical area of the earth. Which I imagine that most surnames come from somewhere else since America is only about 400 years old. I really don't think that there are many American derived surnames, if any at all. Since you're so involved with researching where surnames originated, can you give me a surname that is an American invention?

God bless,
Ted
greetings
thank you
1 Thessalonians 5: 20-21

Last edited:
Hi TheWordIsOne

God bless,
Ted
greetings
if I do that, then it is just better to seek the answers, a man should not give one the fish, but too teach one how to fish
2 Timothy 2: 15

Sorry, but I see no video or whatever it is you are presenting, but by what others are saying it probably isn't worth discussing.

I'm third generation Romanian and Portuguese and a very long generation German. Does it make me a bad person because of where my ancestors came from!!!
Greetings
names identify the individual, even his or her past, I did not say anything, bad, or mock anyone, but I already see their hearts

Hi TheWordIsOne
I did not say anything, bad, or mock anyone,
That's correct. Neither did I accuse you of such. I can't speak for what others have written. But your post rings of some sort of point... but you never actually make any point. Other than Barak means blessed and Obama is an African continent name. So I asked? What's your point? So far you've played coy with this "I know something you don't know' taunt. Why you can't just make your point is troubling because by the sound of your post, I'm assuming your point is going to be something nefarious regarding Pres. Barack Obama.

If that is what you're selling here, please take it somewhere else. Pres. Obama served our nation well and good and is now retired from such service and living a fairly private life with his family. I would gladly stack the accomplishments of his administration up against any other administration and I'm quite sure he'll come out as a sufficiently capable president who did an admirable job of being our president for 8 years.

That's it. He's done his time and is now retired out of service just as all other presidents before him.

Now, on the off chance that I'm completely off base here, maybe you'd be bright enough to make your point so that we'll all understand why you felt compelled to bring a discussion of the source and meaning of someone's name today, into the biblical studies forums. What exactly is the biblical study that you're professing to be addressing here?

God bless,
Ted

Greetings
names identify the individual, even his or her past, I did not say anything, bad, or mock anyone, but I already see their hearts
Hey All,
You compared President Obama to Satan.

"Barak means Lighting: Hebrew meaning This comes from Barak,

And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Quote from "TheWordIsOne

You don't believe that is derogatory? You know exactly what you did. Now you are trying to weasel your way out because we called you on it. Own your words.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I never voted Obama .honestly what sin the nation as a direction takes the leaders are a reflection of not necessarily a cause of .

If laws could make a nation holy then we'll see Israel and also the prohibition era .I'm not suggesting anarchy or a reference of morals in laws only that you can't legislate godliness.

Trump is hardly a moral person .

Hi TheWordIsOne

That's correct. Neither did I accuse you of such. I can't speak for what others have written. But your post rings of some sort of point... but you never actually make any point. Other than Barak means blessed and Obama is an African continent name. So I asked? What's your point? So far you've played coy with this "I know something you don't know' taunt. Why you can't just make your point is troubling because by the sound of your post, I'm assuming your point is going to be something nefarious regarding Pres. Barack Obama.

If that is what you're selling here, please take it somewhere else. Pres. Obama served our nation well and good and is now retired from such service and living a fairly private life with his family. I would gladly stack the accomplishments of his administration up against any other administration and I'm quite sure he'll come out as a sufficiently capable president who did an admirable job of being our president for 8 years.

That's it. He's done his time and is now retired out of service just as all other presidents before him.

Now, on the off chance that I'm completely off base here, maybe you'd be bright enough to make your point so that we'll all understand why you felt compelled to bring a discussion of the source and meaning of someone's name today, into the biblical studies forums. What exactly is the biblical study that you're professing to be addressing here?

God bless,
Ted
greetings
a lesson or two
843-8438578-download-png-person-silhouette-png-business.jpg

We begin in Matthew 16:23 Christ said. But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.

The offense itself is not deadly – if it stays in the tray. But if we pick it up and consume it and feed on it in our hearts, then we have become offensive.
Offense people produce much fruit, such as anger, outrage, jealousy, resentment, Strife, bitterness, hatred, and envy. Some of the consequences of picking up an offense are insults, attacks, wounding, divisions, separation, wounding division, and broken relationships betrayal, and backsliding.
Often those who are offended do not even realize they are trapped.
They are oblivious to their condition because they are so focused on the wrong done to them.
They are in denial.
The most effective way for the enemy to blind us is to cause us to focus on ourselves.

And word came down to me in Luke 17:1"It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come!

Matt 18:6-7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Matt 18:5-6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Luke 17:1 It is impossible, but that offenses will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

Psalms 55:12-14 For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.
We took sweet counsel together and walked unto the house of God in company.

2 Tim 2:24-26 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God's peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

PS
I am acquainted with the Quran, if you read carefully the Bible, names also associated with Islam, meaning our beautiful and precious Bible, is fit for all, by the way, which means basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth.

Hey All,
You compared President Obama to Satan.

"Barak means Lighting: Hebrew meaning This comes from Barak,

And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Quote from "TheWordIsOne

You don't believe that is derogatory? You know exactly what you did. Now you are trying to weasel your way out because we called you on it. Own your words.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
mm-hmm, Are you studying 2 Timothy 2: 15, maybe this will help you, and derogatory is a big word, Ephesians 6: 12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barac...mitic root B-R-K,secondary meaning "to bless".

Hi TheWordIsOne
The offense itself is not deadly – if it stays in the tray. But if we pick it up and consume it and feed on it in our hearts, then we have become offensive.
You're going to have to be more clear when you speak to me. As I've previously mentioned, I'm a fairly dense person when it comes to trying to figure out word riddles. What is the 'offense'? And who is picking it up to feed it into their hearts? And, how in the world you come to make that statement based on the words written in Matthew 16:23 is out of my grasp also. Jesus says to Paul "Get behind me, Satan", and from that you come up with the message being that sin is not deadly if it stays in a tray, but if we pick it up and consume it and feed on it in our hearts, then we have become offensive? And all of this somehow hangs in the balance until we understand that Obama is an African nation name and Barak means 'blessed'.

Friend, I'm sorry, but Paul said that when a believer speaks in tongues that someone should be able to interpret. I'm not that someone!

Finally you continue with a fairly long winded diatribe about 'offense' or 'offenses' or something being 'offensive'. All because what? Obama is an African nation name and Barak means blessed? What if the take is supposed to be that God blessed Pres. Obama with an African nation name to lead our country. One could come to that conclusion based on your OP.

God bless,
Ted

Hi TheWordIsOne

You're going to have to be more clear when you speak to me. As I've previously mentioned, I'm a fairly dense person when it comes to trying to figure out word riddles. What is the 'offense'? And who is picking it up to feed it into their hearts? And, how in the world you come to make that statement based on the words written in Matthew 16:23 is out of my grasp also. Jesus says to Paul "Get behind me, Satan", and from that you come up with the message being that sin is not deadly if it stays in a tray, but if we pick it up and consume it and feed on it in our hearts, then we have become offensive? And all of this somehow hangs in the balance until we understand that Obama is an African nation name and Barak means 'blessed'.

Friend, I'm sorry, but Paul said that when a believer speaks in tongues that someone should be able to interpret. I'm not that someone!

Finally you continue with a fairly long winded diatribe about 'offense' or 'offenses' or something being 'offensive'. All because what? Obama is an African nation name and Barak means blessed? What if the take is supposed to be that God blessed Pres. Obama with an African nation name to lead our country. One could come to that conclusion based on your OP.

God bless,
Ted
Greetings
don't worry and sorry the name Barack Hussin Obama is a Muslim name check for yourself anyway time will tell

name
Barrack in English is
Brack also Bark or Bareq
enjoy I end the discussion 😞

OIP-10.jpg

all I know is love

Back