Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Be Afriad Evolutionists.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
johnmuise said:
Expelled is political dynamite, It show evolution for the dangerous crack pot theory it is.

Here is his new trailer
http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

Ben is now my fav creationist, move aside kent. 8-)

What a joke. He didn't even get the theory right in the trailer. He confused abiogenesis with evolution.

I also thought it was hilarious in an interview with Stein that he said that evolution wasn't a "real explanation" because you couldn't easily explain it to a little child. I love that logic. If you can't explain how an internal combustion engine works to a small child, it's not a real explanation!

abiogenisis and evolution go hand in hand, because you can't have one without the other. i am sorry if i implied a logic overdose, go breathe into a bag for awhile.

johnmuise said:
abiogenisis and evolution go hand in hand, because you can't have one without the other. i am sorry if i implied a logic overdose, go breathe into a bag for awhile.

Right, abiogenesis would explain the origin of all life that had the ability to evolve. However, evolution speaks nothing of this. It's fairly revealing that the trailer itself contained a strawman against evolution. It shows the continued trend of creationists doing everything they can to sway opinions about evolution, even if it requires being completely intellectually dishonest.

Evolution has had its dishonest moments before as well.

We do agree that without the first life evolution is worthless correct?

The way i see this film is gonna roll is its gonna talk about how life cannot come from non living material, then go on to attack evolution, but we shalt not know till April 18 (it better be good i am traveling to maine to see it,lol)

johnmuise said:

The way i see this film is gonna roll is its gonna talk about how life cannot come from non living material, then go on to attack evolution, but we shalt not know till April 18 (it better be good i am traveling to maine to see it,lol)

Right, but evolution doesn't speculate how that came about. It only deals with things that are already alive. Stein disingenuously tied the two together.

johnmuise said:
Yes, but since life obviously does exist, this is a non-issue.

abiogenisis and evolution go hand in hand, because you can't have one without the other.
Are you saying that e.g. God couldn't have created the first life and then he let evolution do the rest of the work?

God created the first life and the only evolution is micro, so if you look at it that way then i agree with you.

Why would an all powerful god need to use evolution, why not just make it all perfect all at once ?
evolution seems to be a waste.

johnmuise said:
God created the first life and the only evolution is micro, so if you look at it that way then i agree with you.

Why would an all powerful god need to use evolution, why not just make it all perfect all at once ?

Right. Good thing God doesn't exist, or else he'd be retarded and essentially a failure at making living creatures without genetic diseases and useless traits.

johnmuise said:

If there was no evolution, species could not adapt to changing conditions and would become extinct.
As it happens, most species cannot evolve fast enough, and some 99% of all species that have ever lived are now extinct.

Secondly, the fact that you accept the fact of "micro-evolution" pretty much puts an end to the debate: Evolution is evolution. Micro and macro-evolution are the same phenomenon operating on exactly the same principals over different time scales. there is no difference.
See, you ARE an evolutionist! welcome. It's not so bad. :biggrin

johnmuise said:
Keep in mind, you require evolution at a higher rate than even postulated by the ToE to account for the diversity of species after the supposed deluge.

Destroying the whole world by a deluge seems to be a waste as well.
But why would God bother about wastefulness? His resources are infinite! Just look at the size of the universe.
But besides, why God would choose a specific pathway is irrelevant as to the question if He actually chose it. That question is answered by material objective evidence. The theology has to follow up from there, not vice versa.

johnmuise said:

Given the vast majority of Christians accept evolution, your statement is plainly false.

johnmuise said:
Exactly. He wouldn't. And since evidence for evolution is so overwhelmingly convincing this suggests to me that there isn't a god.

Jayls5 said:
johnmuise said:

Right, but evolution doesn't speculate how that came about. It only deals with things that are already alive. Stein disingenuously tied the two together.

Right. And it takes things which already exist (except the common ancestor of course because it's still fictitious) and creates hilariously impossible scenarios that don't happen in reality to try to deny God. Again, the theory of evolution simply proves that the wisdom of the world is foolishness. ;-)

heavens1gate said:
I dont belive God an Evolution are exlusive, they shoudl not be pitted against one another.

Exactly, God and Evolution are quite compatible as is evidenced by the vast majority of Christians who accept evolution.

Creationists also know this fact, but it doesn't play into their narrow view of the world, so they continuously ignore it and use the manta that evolution=atheism=satanism

talking about mantras .. evolution is a fact, thats gotta be the biggest one i hear.

The reason that i don't believe in evolution is because, my god claims he made everything in 6 days,
so my that it should not be taken literally or its under misinterpretation. Well they way i see it is why would my god want to confuse us, isn't he powerful enough to see his message delivered though out the ages ?

You claim that the evidence is all against God, well i don't think so, EVERY piece of "evidence" i've seen is all based on faulty premise and therefore does not prove crap.

johnmuise said:
talking about mantras .. evolution is a fact, thats gotta be the biggest one i hear.

Evolution is a fact. That's why we have the scientific theory of evolution to explain the facts. Anyway, you've already conceded that you accept evolution (micro and NS).

The reason that i don't believe in evolution is because, my god claims he made everything in 6 days

And I can show you many, many other texts where other gods made the universe. They are all equally valid.

Well they way i see it is why would my god want to confuse us, isn't he powerful enough to see his message delivered though out the ages ?

Exactly, why would your God want to confuse everyone by not showing a single piece of evidence. Does God like playing mind games with his creation?

You claim that the evidence is all against God, well i don't think so, EVERY piece of "evidence" i've seen is all based on faulty premise and therefore does not prove crap.

I don't claim the evidence is against any gods, it's a simple fact that there is no evidence for gods.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back