Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Be Afriad Evolutionists.

johnmuise said:
The reason that i don't believe in evolution is because, my god claims he made everything in 6 days,
so my that it should not be taken literally or its under misinterpretation. Well they way i see it is why would my god want to confuse us, isn't he powerful enough to see his message delivered though out the ages ?
Well, why are there so many denominations then? It's quite undisputable that there are many different interpretations of the Bible.

You claim that the evidence is all against God, well i don't think so, EVERY piece of "evidence" i've seen is all based on faulty premise and therefore does not prove crap.
Well, then please point out the flaws in the respective threads. E.g. the one about corals has been abandoned by the YEC side, it seems.

johnmuise said:
You claim that the evidence is all against God, well i don't think so, EVERY piece of "evidence" i've seen is all based on faulty premise and therefore does not prove crap.

Excellent starting point. Could you please Name a few of the faulty "premises" that evolution is built on?

What is the indisputable evidence, that can be seen by anyone who wishes to investigate the matter, that shows that the Earth is 6,000 years old?

By the way, ToE is not BUILT on the "assumption" that the earth is older than 6,000 years, rather, Toe is built on evidence, and there simply isn't verifiable evidence that the Earth is young. All the evidence we have points to an old Earth.

For those with an open mind and about one and 1/2 hrs, this is an excellent lecture about evolution and I.D. from a very noted biologist and Christian. After loading the plug in, when the show starts, you have about 1/2 hour of people taking their seats and the introduction before the lecture starts. It really is worth watching.
http://www.esi.utexas.edu/outreach/ols/lectures/Miller/

johnmuise said:
Its supposed to be out today, is there any torrents open yet, ? :lol:

There's a few. I don't know if any are real or not, there have been a lot of fakes and trojans over the last couple of weeks. A genuine copy shouldn't be far away though.

Quasarsphere said:
johnmuise said:
Its supposed to be out today, is there any torrents open yet, ? :lol:

There's a few. I don't know if any are real or not, there have been a lot of fakes and trojans over the last couple of weeks. A genuine copy shouldn't be far away though.

Yeah, if only it came to Canada i would not have to commit to movie piracy :wink:

johnmuise said:
abiogenisis and evolution go hand in hand, because you can't have one without the other. i am sorry if i implied a logic overdose, go breathe into a bag for awhile.

john u really are dissapointing me. abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution. that is just something that hovind wanted you to believe and he was a pure liar.

johnmuise said:
if the first life did not happen, then sure as heck evolution can't.

Clearly the first life did happen, since there is still life today, and there was non-life at some point. It doesn't matter whether the first life came about naturally or was touched by his noodly appendage. Evolution does not care or speak of the origin of life just like newton's theory of gravity does not address why gravity exists. Abiogenesis and evolution are two completely different biscuits.

johnmuise said:

Poor logical reasoning.

As I stated before, you can believe that God started the first life and accept evolution. There is no problem with that. Why? Because evolution accounts for the events AFTER the first life.

No one mixes abiogenesis and evolution unless they are lacking understanding of the theory, or attempting to correlate atheism and evolution by using questionable tactics (misinformation).

The second one is aka Hoviendish tactics.

VaultZero4Me said:
johnmuise said:

Poor logical reasoning.

As I stated before, you can believe that God started the first life and accept evolution. There is no problem with that. Why? Because evolution accounts for the events AFTER the first life.

No one mixes abiogenesis and evolution unless they are lacking understanding of the theory, or attempting to correlate atheism and evolution by using questionable tactics (misinformation).

The second one is aka Hoviendish tactics.

i know about both evolution and abiogenics, i debate them both, sometimes they get jumbled.

johnmuise said:
i know about both evolution and abiogenics, i debate them both, sometimes they get jumbled.

Jumbled by whom? I know Creationists either willingly or unknowingly get them jumbled.

I just saw the movie -- Ben did a good job exposing the atheist darwinist jihad against Christians and God.

He also helped the audience see that the the devotees to atheist darwinism are merely co-opting science terms in their blind faith dogmas then conducting witch hunt style censorship raids to destroy the career of any scientist or journalist that dares to stray from the "party line" on the unquestionable standing of atheist darwinism's emperor with no clothes.

Great movie -- a must see!

in Christ,

Bob

Back