Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Be Afriad Evolutionists.

VaultZero4Me said:
johnmuise said:
abiogenisis and evolution go hand in hand, because you can't have one without the other. i am sorry if i implied a logic overdose, go breathe into a bag for awhile.

john u really are dissapointing me. abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution. that is just something that hovind wanted you to believe and he was a pure liar.

I see somebody has forgotten to take their daily dose of that atheist darwinist Dawkins who has asserted emphatically that it is ALL explained by Darwinism from the very start.

Of course I won't object if you are going to also claim that Dawkins lied as you believe Hovind did.

But calling "everyone a liar" is not exactly "science".

As the atheist darwinist Isaac Asimov admits the imagined sequence "from molecule to human mind requires a MASSIVE DECREASE in entropy" no matter how it contradicts what we observe in the science lab to the contrary with entropy and natural processes.

in Christ,

Bob

No scientist asserts that the theory of evolution explains EVERYTHING; it is only asserted that it is used as the underlying framework for biological knowledge, to do with the origin of species (not of life or of the universe, just species) and their change over time.

And let's not forget that big ball of energy in the sky called the Sun that is constantly working to lower entropy on Earth while increasing it there. I'd try not to naively associate entropy with notions of order and structure and complexity, though; it's a bit more fundamental then such unquantifiable ideals.

BobRyan said:
VaultZero4Me said:
johnmuise said:
abiogenisis and evolution go hand in hand, because you can't have one without the other. i am sorry if i implied a logic overdose, go breathe into a bag for awhile.

john u really are dissapointing me. abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution. that is just something that hovind wanted you to believe and he was a pure liar.

I see somebody has forgotten to take their daily dose of that atheist darwinist Dawkins who has asserted emphatically that it is ALL explained by Darwinism from the very start.

Of course I won't object if you are going to also claim that Dawkins lied as you believe Hovind did.

As the atheist darwinist Isaac Asimov admits the imagined sequence "from molecule to human mind requires a MASSIVE DECREASE in entropy" no matter how it contradicts what we observe in the science lab to the contrary with entropy and natural processes.

in Christ,

Bob

Wait, are you defending Hovind? lol you just brightened my day.

BobRyan said:
VaultZero4Me said:
johnmuise said:

in Christ,

Bob

1 John 2:22, "Who is the liar? It's the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ." So calling evolutionists liars may not be science, but it's the truth because God tells us it is. ;-) In fact, most scientists follow Satan, not God or they wouldn't try to disprove God. So most scientists wouldn't know a lie from the truth if the truth were right in front of them which it is. ;-)

i support him, my group has a petition going around town here, i am gonna bring it with me when i do the seminar, so far we got 1300 signatures thats expected to ride to around 2500 when we hit the city.

Deep Thought said:
BTW, when even the Creationists greatest friend, Fox News, has a very critical review of the film, you know it has to be incredibly bad indeed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348468,00.html

ooooooh "dooonnnnt goooooo seeeee itttt... stayyyyy awayyy from anything that challengesssss darrrrwwinnniisssmmmmm ... youuuu arrrre gettttingggg sleeeeppppyy nowwww"

kinda like the "don't let the children in public shool know about the gaffs, blunders, hoaxes and flaws of darwinists because they might wakkkke uppppp".

I see -- more "substance" from those devoted to atheist darwinism "no matter what".

I like to see that because it assures us that things are normal.

in Christ,

Bob

johnmuise said:
Expelled is political dynamite, It show evolution for the dangerous crack pot theory it is.

Here is his new trailer
http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

Ben is now my fav creationist, move aside kent. 8-)

True - but the movie is explicitly about exposing the political jihad waged by atheist darwinists against the God of the Bible. It is not strictly speaking a movie about the absence of all the myths and story telling done in the name of evolutionism.

Still it is a a very good wakeup call and it is great to see the atheist darwinists themselves interviewed IN the movie and exposing their agenda!!

in Christ,

Bob

BobRyan said:
Deep Thought said:
BTW, when even the Creationists greatest friend, Fox News, has a very critical review of the film, you know it has to be incredibly bad indeed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348468,00.html

ooooooh "dooonnnnt goooooo seeeee itttt... stayyyyy awayyy from anything that challengesssss darrrrwwinnniisssmmmmm ... youuuu arrrre gettttingggg sleeeeppppyy nowwww"

kinda like the "don't let the children in public shool know about the gaffs, blunders, hoaxes and flaws of darwinists because they might wakkkke uppppp".

I see -- more "substance" from those devoted to atheist darwinism "no matter what".

I like to see that because it assures us that things are normal.

in Christ,

Bob

Again nothing but appeal to emotions. No substance. But you are trying to debate against a well factually backed theory. We should not expect any thing more.

So where shall we start? With one of the people who supposedly were fired because of their support for ID, perhaps?

jwu said:
Which one of the claims of the movie shall we examine first? You get to choose.

Feel free to "watch it " and see the interviews for yourself then comment on which ones you think were faked.

in Christ,

Bob.

Try the one where they compared the guy's EMAIL to his on-camera statement totally denying the VERY point his email made about firing scientists for failure to attack Intelligent Design.

You know -- go watch the movie and "get the facts" -- "show" that you have an interest in them.

in Christ,

Bob

Now on with the point of the subject thread - why should devotees to atheist darwinism be concerned?

IT is because atheist darwinism NEVER does well "in the light of day".

It is because the scientists and journalists that were attacked by the atheist darwinist "true believers" SHOW a degree of goulag censorship and mind control in favor of darwinism that is slowly crippling science.

The "thought police" among the teaching institutions are having their apparatus exposed.

Those repressive agencies of atheist darwinism never do well in the light of day. They need to stay hidden under rocks.

in Christ,

Bob

Let's start with Guillermo Gonzalez.

Expelled claims that he was denied tenure because of his affiliations to the ID movement.

In reality he has simply been doing a lousy job in the past years. Since 2001 he didn't graduate a single student, performed poorly at obtaining research grants, and published less and less papers. Based on this denying tenure is completely justified.

Books by the "under performing" Guillermo -

The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the ... - 2004 - 476 pages
Observational Astronomy - 2006 - 454 pages
Foundations of Oscillator Circuit Design - 2007 - 422 pages

Books by jwu???

No wonder Guilleermo is STILL - Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Iowa State.

A few of Guillermo's other "under performing achievments" that are verifiable vs the ad hominem offered previously --

He is a senior fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture, considered the hub of the intelligent design movement, and a fellow with the International Society for Complexity, Information and Design, which also promotes intelligent design. His primary research interest is studying the late stages of stellar evolution using spectroscopy, though he is also doing research on extrasolar planets. He is a proponent of the Galactic Habitable Zone concept.

Gonzalez obtained his Ph.D. in Astronomy from the University of Washington in 1993 and has done post-doctoral work at the University of Texas, Austin and the University of Washington. He has received fellowships, grants and awards from NASA, the University of Washington, Sigma Xi, and the National Science Foundation. Gonzalez was a regular contributor to Facts for Faith magazine produced by Reasons to Believe, an old earth creationist group.

I think it is smart for devotees to atheist darwinism to make personnal attacks on any scientist that dares to question atheist darwinism. Why not do this openly as jwu has offerred to do for us -- rather than keep it hidden in academia.

I think EVERYONE should be able to benefit from the LIVING PROOF of their fact-intollerant jiihad on anything that threatens atheist attempts to transform science into junk-science.

And "of course" we are all just -- sooo sure- that JWU was "about to mention these achievements" by Guillermo (you know ... for factual presentation on the topic ) but I "just barely"
got this post in ahead. :wink:

in Christ,

Bob

More facts on the supposedly "under performing" Guillermo -- who was a victim of the political cleansing "idea police" at ISU on behalf of atheist darwinists everywhere.

REFEREED PUBLICATIONS IN PRINT (cont.)
64. G. Gonzalez, “The Sun’s Interior Metallicity Constrained by Neutrinos,†Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 370, L90 (2006).
65. G. Gonzalez, “Indium Abundance Trends Among Sun-like Stars,†Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 371, 781 (2006).
66. G. Gonzalez, “The Chemical Compositions of Stars with Planets: A Review,†Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 118, 1494 (2006) (invited review paper).
67. A. D. Vanture, V. V. Smith, J. Lutz, G. Wallerstein, D. Lambert, G. Gonzalez, “Correlation Between Lithium and Technetium Absorption Lines in the Spectra of Galactic S Stars,†Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 119, 147 (2007).
68. G. Gonzalez, C. Laws, “Parent Stars of Extrasolar Planets VIII. Chemical Abundances for 18 Elements in 31 Stars, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, in press.

CONTRIBUTED PAPERS
1. “Shells, Faint Haloes, and Historical Mass ejection in Planetary Nebulae,†B. Balick, G. Gonzalez, A. Frank, G. Jacoby, B.A.A.S., 23, 914 (1991).
2. “An Abundance Analysis of ROA 24, a Likely Post-AGB Star in Omega Centauri,†G.
Gonzalez and G. Wallerstein, B.A.A.S., 23 (1991).
3. “A Photometric Investigation of Cepheids in Omega Cen,†G. Gonzalez, B.A.A.S., Meeting 181, abstract 12.01 (1992).
4. “Spectroscopic Study of Cepheids in Omega Cen,†in New Perspectives on Stellar Pulsation and Pulsating Variable Stars: IAU Colloquium 139, G. Gonzalez and G. Wallerstein (1993).
5. “Hydrogen-Deficient Nature of Z Umi,†in Hydrogen deficient Stars, A. Goswami, N. K. Rao, G. Gonzalez, and D. L. Lambert (1996).
6. “High Resolution Spectra of FG Sge During the 1992 and 1994 Deep Minima,†in Hydrogen Deficient Stars, V. V. Smith, G. Gonzalez, N. K. Rao (1996).
7. “The Chemical Composition of IRAS 05341+0852: A Post-AGB F Supergiant with 21 micron Emission,†in Planetary Nebulae: Proceedings of the 180th IAU, B. E. Reddy, M. Parthasarathy, G. Gonzalez, E. J. Bakker (1997).
8. “The Stellar Metallicity-Planet Connection,†in Brown Dwarfs and Extrasolar Planets, G. Gonzalez (1998).
CONTRIBUTED PAPERS (cont.)
9. “Chemical Abundance Trends Among RV Tauri Stars,†in A Half-Century of Stellar Pulsation Interpretation: A Tribute to Arthur N. Cox, G. Gonzalez and D. L. Lambert (1998).
10. “V553 Cen and the Carbon Cepheids,†in A Half-Century of Stellar Pulsation Interpretation: A Tribute to Arthur N. Cox, G. Wallerstein and G. Gonzalez (1998).
11. “Nucleosynthesis in FG Sge,†in Stellar Evolution, Stellar Explosions and Galactic Chemical Evolution, G. Gonzalez (1998).
12. “Elemental Abundances in Stars in the RetrogradeGlobular Cluster NGC 3201,†G. Wallerstein and G. Gonzalez, B.A.A.S., 30 (1998).

It is pretty easy to see why no University would want to have such "under performance" -- ok... "NOT" :-D

in Christ,

Bob

Some things the movie "EXPELLED" did not have a chance to list "in detail"

More on the "under performance" of Gonzalez -

Dr. Gonzalez’s Book on Intelligent Design
In 2004, Dr.Gonzalez co-authored the book The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery, which presents empirical evidence for the hypothesis that the universe is the product of intelligent design. Supported by a research grant from the Templeton Foundation, the book has earned praise from such eminent scientists as David Hughes, a Vice-President of the Royal Astronomical Society, Harvard astrophysicist Owen Gingerich, and Cambridge paleobiologist Simon Conway Morris. The Privileged Planet was developed into a documentary and shown on PBS stations around the country.

More on the politcal attack against Gonzalez initiated by atheist darwinist leaders.

Attacks on Dr. Gonzalez’s Academic Freedom

After the release of Privileged Planet, ISU religious studies professor Hector Avalosâ€â€faculty advisor to the campus Atheist and Agnostic Societyâ€â€began publicly campaigning against Dr. Gonzalez and his work. Although Dr. Gonzalez had never introduced intelligent design into his classes, Avalos helped spearhead a faculty petition urging “all faculty†at ISU to “uphold the integrity of our university†by “reject[ing] efforts to portray Intelligent Design as science.†Avalos later conceded to a local newspaper that Gonzalez was the key motive for the petition. The logical conclusion of this campaign against Dr. Gonzalez came in the spring of 2007 when ISU President Gregory Geoffroy denied Dr. Gonzalez’s application for tenure.

Again -- I am just "soooo sure" that jwu was about to list this in his factual presentation regarding Gonzalez but he was propbably "too busy".

in Christ,

Bob

So what? Very most of these papers are quite old. No-one denies that he used to be a promising scientist, but in the recent past his record dropped catastrophically. His recent record is what matters, not his golden days that have long since passed.

Since 2002 Gonzalez has been the first author of only three papers, and secondary author of 11 others. This means that in five years he participated in 14 papers. For comparison, in 1998 and 1999 he produced a total of 18 papers and was primary author of 9 of them.

From 9 papers per year in average with 4.5 primary authorships, to 2.8 papers per year with 0.6 primary authorships in average is a catastrophical decline, isn't it?

I note you didn't even bother to adress his failure to graduate even a single student since 2001.

His colleagues in average achieved 1.3 million dollars in research grants during their first six years. Gonzalez only attained 200.000 dollars at most. In other words, the faculty was losing money in keeping him employed, as he cost them more than what he earned them - unlike his colleagues. Would you have kept him employed under such circumstances?

Back