Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Big band theory/evolution?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry if this has been posted before, or if this is in the wrong forum. What are your thoughts on the big bang theory and evolution? I'm not a full bottle on this stuff, but from what I can gather there is overwhelming evidence that the universe was created billions of years ago and not as stated in the bible. Should we perhaps be looking at the Biblical story of creation as a metaphor? A metaphor for what you ask? I'm not sure exactly...do you see what I'm trying to say here? I've got to head out right now but I'll post later...God bless everyone...

Sorry if this has been posted before, or if this is in the wrong forum. What are your thoughts on the big bang theory and evolution? I'm not a full bottle on this stuff, but from what I can gather there is overwhelming evidence that the universe was created billions of years ago and not as stated in the bible. Should we perhaps be looking at the Biblical story of creation as a metaphor? A metaphor for what you ask? I'm not sure exactly...do you see what I'm trying to say here? I've got to head out right now but I'll post later...God bless everyone...
the bbt(big bang theory) isnt a theory of origins the universe or rather all that is. just the current universe we can observe.

it cant explain where natural laws came from or where the thing that set it off got the mass and energy from.

And a "big bang" didn't "create" anything. The theory doesn't make claims of "creation". It has more to do with an expansion of material that was used in the promotion of life [as atomic elements naturally gravitated towards one another].

As for Genesis's creation account and "being a metaphor", . . . I don't think it is a metaphor for anything. At best, it was a religious person's beliefs on how HE thought life came about. That's all.

"Hey look, I blew up this scrap metal and... wow! A car!"

Yeah it just don't work! Boom doesn't equal a universe.

And people call me a quake for believing in God.

And that post shows your complete lack of comprehension of Big Bang cosmology. Study it before making such comments [and when you do, you will see why your statement was completely ignorant]. :shame

The idea of the Big Bang is consistent with God creating the universe as stated in the first few verses of Genesis.

The idea of the Big Bang is consistent with God creating the universe as stated in the first few verses of Genesis.

so the earth just so happened to be in position for life? think about it. why not evolution, free? its the same thing. i know that it could be but the problem with the big bang theres holes as moons that are asteroids that collided with the earth and formed form from the same materials and somehow happened to be in the position where it supports life. given the age of the earth it must really old and would remain lifeless till day 3. the moon then had to be in the right position for life by then or at least by day 4.

and here is the link to this note all hypothesis, only the fith is the likeliest according to science.but if the earth was formed then how did gravity work to make the moon as the earth is condensed already by then? so if large enough chunks were in space are close enough will they make a planet or moon even now?

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/moon/moon_formation.html

so the earth just so happened to be in position for life? think about it. why not evolution, free? its the same thing. i know that it could be but the problem with the big bang theres holes as moons that are asteroids that collided with the earth and formed form from the same materials and somehow happened to be in the position where it supports life. given the age of the earth it must really old and would remain lifeless till day 3. the moon then had to be in the right position for life by then or at least by day 4.

and here is the link to this note all hypothesis, only the fith is the likeliest according to science.but if the earth was formed then how did gravity work to make the moon as the earth is condensed already by then? so if large enough chunks were in space are close enough will they make a planet or moon even now?

Theories of Formation for the Moon
I don't think you understand what I am saying.

The Big Bang.. being a metaphor, that can't and will never be prov-en. Is a sad attempt at explaining away God. If this big bang happened then I would think we should see a constance outward movement in one direction. Why do we see system moving in the opposite direction. Planets spinning back wards, planets moving in the opposite direction.. Big Bang is dead.
:biggrin

"Hey look, I blew up this scrap metal and... wow! A car!"

Yeah it just don't work! Boom doesn't equal a universe.

And people call me a quake for believing in God.

I agree!

duck.jpg
*quack*

The Big Bang.. being a metaphor, that can't and will never be prov-en. Is a sad attempt at explaining away God.

Curious you would say that. . . "explaining away god". No one in history has actually EXPLAINED god. Do that first [and please don't give the, "just look around at creation...." line. It doesn't compel.].

If this big bang happened then I would think we should see a constance outward movement in one direction. Why do we see system moving in the opposite direction. Planets spinning back wards, planets moving in the opposite direction.. Big Bang is dead.
:biggrin

Please study cosmology from those who get paid to make it their life's work. I'm not saying that YOU have done this [my next statement], but anyone who listens to the Hovinds/behes of this "christian science" movement, are willfully listening to untruths given by those who hope the hearer WON'T look into the actual theories themselves. BELIEVE me, . . . . I know how it works. Years ago, I used to sit and listen to such preaching, willingfully accepting the veracity of the speaker without doing the research myself to discover why his words were untrue.

Re:
Big band theory/evolution?

I like Tommy Dorsey, myself...and ohhh, that Glenn Miller!

[video=youtube;BHBvksGdhxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBvksGdhxA&feature=related[/video]

it doenst hurt to learn the theories. evolution nor any science denies god. its the athiests or agnostic that do that.

i had to look for myself to see that and that is why i will correct others when they make statements like if evolution is true why hasnt the primordial soup been found etc.

i have been guilty of this myself. that being said i am unimpressed with the toe and or big bang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:
Big band theory/evolution?

I like Tommy Dorsey, myself...and ohhh, that Glenn Miller!

[video=youtube;BHBvksGdhxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBvksGdhxA&feature=related[/video]

Alabaster, . . . . with this post, . . . we both TOTALLY agree. :clap

does anyone want to discuss the holes in the theory? i posted one of them on the earths moon and i can also post more on the ort cloud and also dark matter hypothesis(depending on who talk too it either a theory or hypothesis).

and stellar nuclear synthesis and why that may make one see that by nuclear fission and fusion that the stars can make more heavy matter from light matter from supernovas.

If you don't fully understand a theory, you run the risk of making foolish statements, . . . . . and statements that are [therefore] absolutely meaningless. So no, . . . I'm sure he isn't kidding.

If you don't fully understand a theory, you run the risk of making foolish statements, . . . . . and statements that are [therefore] absolutely meaningless. So no, . . . I'm sure he isn't kidding.

i am settling this matter in private. for the time that i will be away please adress the holes in this theory and there at least three that i know off.moon formations and and also the heavier elements past iron and finally comets. i could include the dark matter and also anti-grav theory.

Is there a point in learning the details of a false theory? :confused

Seems like a giant waste of time to me.

Is there a point in learning the details of a false theory? :confused

Seems like a giant waste of time to me.
There is a point: so that one can debate and discuss the matters intelligently. If someone is trying to share the gospel and such issues come up, or questions about other religions, etc., giving unintelligent answers puts everything one says into the realm of doubt, including the gospel. It gives others just one more reason to not believe.

There is no harm in saying one doesn't know but there is harm in giving answers based on ignorance.

Back