Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Big Bang ?

Claims that the Angkor Wat temple carving represents a stegosaurus seem to be a classic case of confirmation bias, where evidence is interpreted to fit a pre-existing conclusion. The carving resembles a rhinoceros as much as it does a stegosaurus, perhaps even more so, and, while rhinos are indigenous to South-East Asia, neither stegosaurus fossils nor stegosaurus bones have ever been found there, a remarkable absence if the creatures were roaming there relatively recently.

The Ica Stones have been so widely discredited as anything other than fakes, that continuing to cite them as evidence of them as human-dinosaur co-existence seems almost self-defeating.
And instead of examening the, vast, credible, evidence that is being ignored that will tend to make the carvings a possible rendering of the dino you spout the accepted party line, how can you, a thinking man, cast the preponderance of evidence so easily aside? I honestly can not see how intelligent men do this.

The word without form and void doesn't mean destruction or desolate. There is only 1 phrase that means without form and void would be in Isaiah, but it was talking about a city, if I recalled it right. And in that case, it would be without form and void.

But the word without form, means... without form. It means that God is not done with it yet. Remember, this is Day 1, where there was only water. The water was without form. And void means that there was no life yet. It is simply put that God is starting to work on it. Just like a potter and the clay. At the beginning, it was without form, but after a while, it begin to change shape.

And the word "Replenish" doesn't mean to refill. Yes, it does in our language today. But if we go back only about 1 or 2 centuries ago.it did not mean to refill. It just simply means to fill. But I think in the 1700's or 1800's is when they decided to use the prefix "re" to mean "do it again."
You have dug, at least, as far into the needed extra-biblical materials as I haveand I see that it is very likely you have dug further than I did. Great post.

Claims that the Angkor Wat temple carving represents a stegosaurus seem to be a classic case of confirmation bias, where evidence is interpreted to fit a pre-existing conclusion.

This is hilarious coming from an evolutionist, who thinks these two are related...

gigantic-t-rex-dinosaur-statue-xl.jpg

hummingbird-mf1.jpg

Nope... No confirmation bias there. Those two are practically indistinguishable.

The TOG​

Actually, Noah would only have had 2 males and 2 females, since reptiles are unclean animals. I agree with the rest of what you say. Many of today's lizards are almost indestinguishable from dinosaurs, except for the size.

The TOG​
Your right TOG, I despise MS more every day.

That is the one I was thinking of. Do rhinos have those fin things on top of them? No.
Assumes that they are 'fin things on top of them'. Assumes they are not background decoration. Stegosauruses have tail 'thagomizers' (lacking in the sculpture), smaller heads (large in the sculpture), small or insignificant ears (large in the sculpture), and no head horns (present in the sculpture). I do not say the sculpture is a rhino, only that it looks at least as much like a rhino as it does a stegosaurus (and more so to me).

Evolutionists claims are just as extraordinary. You claim to know things for a fact that were going on millions of years ago. Like you were there or something, lol.
In this case, we're discussing something less than a thousand years old. There is no evidence of Stegosauruses in this part of the world either 1000 years ago or ever; there is, however, plenty of evidence of rhinos. Do you not find it in the least bit curious that, if Stegosauruses had been present in the area then, there would have been a few more depictiins of them than this single sculpture?

What is 'claimed' was 'going on millions of years ago' is generally so claimed on the back of evidence that supports the claims.

And instead of examening the, vast, credible, evidence that is being ignored that will tend to make the carvings a possible rendering of the dino you spout the accepted party line, how can you, a thinking man, cast the preponderance of evidence so easily aside? I honestly can not see how intelligent men do this.
I have yet to see any of this alleged 'preponderance of evidence' presented as such on this thread. On the other hand, I have seen plenty of unsupported assertions and links to unreferenced videos.

This is hilarious coming from an evolutionist, who thinks these two are related...

hummingbird-mf1.jpg

Nope... No confirmation bias there. Those two are practically indistinguishable.

The TOG​
Well, sperm whales and bottle-nosed dolphins are also related, so I'm not sure what point you think you are making. How does the relatedness (or otherwise) of contemporary humming-birds to long-extinct dinosaurs establish the validity of the claim that the Angkor Wat carving actually represents a living stegosaurus seen by the artist some several hundreds of years ago?

Well, sperm whales and bottle-nosed dolphins are also related, so I'm not sure what point you think you are making. How does the relatedness (or otherwise) of contemporary humming-birds to long-extinct dinosaurs establish the validity of the claim that the Angkor Wat carving actually represents a living stegosaurus seen by the artist some several hundreds of years ago?

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

The TOG​

hummingbird-mf1.jpg

The TOG​
Human beings and bananas on some level also are related, you should note that as well.

Of course your understanding of the relation between Birds and Dinosaurs doesn't factor in the that many Dinosaurs also had feathers.

View attachment 5310
View attachment 5311

Nor does it take into account the similarities in bone structure.

View attachment 5312
View attachment 5313

Thanks for citing one of the easier relations to demonstrate.

Human beings and bananas on some level also are related, you should note that as well.

Of course your understanding of the relation between Birds and Dinosaurs doesn't factor in the that many Dinosaurs also had feathers.

View attachment 5310
View attachment 5311

Nor does it take into account the similarities in bone structure.

View attachment 5312
View attachment 5313

Thanks for citing one of the easier relations to demonstrate.

and they flew and crashed to extinction - even elephants could not fly until they evolved into jumbo jets - twinc

btw it seems intelligent design decided and dictated against Dinosaurs flying or else we would sometimes find ourselves up to our neck in excrement - twinc

Difficult to see something that is not there, such as any response to the points made.

It's staring you in the face. Go back and read my previous post. In fact, I'll even quote the relevant parts here so you won't have to (emphasis added).

You wrote:
"Claims that the Angkor Wat temple carving represents a stegosaurus seem to be a classic case of confirmation bias, where evidence is interpreted to fit a pre-existing conclusion."​

I replied:
"This is hilarious coming from an evolutionist, who thinks these two are related."
I then posted a picture of a T. Rex and another of a hummingbird. Then I went on to say:
"Nope... No confirmation bias there. Those two are practically indistinguishable."
In case you didn't get it, that was sarcasm.

If you are truly incapable of seeing what is staring you in the face and what I'm sure everyone else here sees, let me explain it to you. To anyone who looks at the Angkor Wat carvings without any preconceived ideas, they look very similar to certain dinosaurs. But you say that the only reason people see those similarities is because they want to see them. On the other hand, there is practically no visible similarity at all between a T. Rex and a hummingbird, yet evolutionists like you see so much similarity that they conclude that they must be related... because that's what you want to see. You are doing the very thing that you are accusing others of. You have already made up your mind that evolution is true and interpret everything in light of that. Part of what you have already decided is tens of millions of years separate humans from dinosaurs, and therefore you rule out any possibility of them having seen each other, even before you look at the evidence that clearly shows they did indeed see each other, such as the aforementioned carvings. And since you refuse to see that you are doing the very thing you criticize in others, I said:
"There is none so blind as those who will not see."
Which, in case you don't know, refers to those who willingly close their (metaphorical) eyes to the truth.

The TOG​

I have yet to see any of this alleged 'preponderance of evidence' presented as such on this thread. On the other hand, I have seen plenty of unsupported assertions and links to unreferenced videos.
You have not seen because you refuse, the end of that rabbit trail.

Back