Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Bill Nye The Science Guy

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think this needs to stop.... NOW.
Please read our TOS and our vision. If you dont fit with either, I would ask you to kindly move along.

Again it wasn't insulting Christians. I don't think anyone got the joke. It was poking fun at a typical remark made towards us as Christians. (the latter half showing the hypocrisy of the former half).

Why do you stupid Christians believe in fairy tales?

*Believes frogs turn into princes and that there are more than two genders.*

Why would you want to hang out with a bunch of stupid christians like us?

Have you ever said anything positive or is it all arrogant and provocative?

Why would you want to hang out with a bunch of stupid christians like us?

Have you ever said anything positive or is it all arrogant and provocative?

For the third time, I wasn't calling Christians stupid. Reread it and think about the joke.

For the third time, I wasn't calling Christians stupid. Reread it and think about the joke.
The apostle Paul said, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whateveris noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things and the God of peace will be with you” (Philippians 4:8).

Ummm... excuse me for saying this Jeff but I do believe that this is for the better. :topic And you know, as I was watching the moon episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy last night, at first I was like yeah right that an asteroid created the moon when the Bible specifically mentions that God created everything, but what if He caused an asteroid to create the moon? :chin Hmm,.. it's rather sort of interesting how since we don't know all of the answers in the creation of the universe that science could play a big part in explaining religion. :yes At least to me. Anyways, here's some more of BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! :biggrin2

Nye is not a pure scientist; he's an engineer. Engineers are the guys who take what science learns, and find ways to make it useful. In some ways, that makes him more qualified to teach elementary science concepts; as a science teacher, I found there's no better way to lock in science learning, than demonstrating an application for scientific knowledge.

Nye is not a pure scientist; he's an engineer. Engineers are the guys who take what science learns, and find ways to make it useful. In some ways, that makes him more qualified to teach elementary science concepts; as a science teacher, I found there's no better way to lock in science learning, than demonstrating an application for scientific knowledge.

Really? I didn't know that you were a science teacher.

I retired from industry about 20 years ago, and did what I always wanted to do; become a teacher. I just couldn't afford it until my kids were grown.

Best years of my life.

I don't really like what Bill Nye believes in some things, especially his evolutionism. That's probably partly because I'm a Ken Ham fan.

I don't believe in strictly evolution either, but I do believe that Christianity and science can certainly coexist with one another. :yes

Oops, sorry about the reptiles video having no sound. Here it is again. :oops I can't believe that I'm going to watch this when it probably has snakes in it! :eek

I believe the same too. Christianity and science are fine together. Evolution (to me) seems like the complete opposite of what God does.
To me, evolution is man's feeble attempt to explain what we can observe without having been direct witness to the event. We are trying to explain the progression of life by virtue of the observable evidence we have uncovered some untold length of time after the fact.

It is like backtracking an animal from current time back to its birth by following its footprints and then trying to explain everything the creature did throughout its lifetime based on the path taken.

What evolutionists fail to accept is that each species of creature was created independently of the others when God chose to do it so they come up with a theory (backtracking the steps) that suggests we evolved. Having a very similar, even eerie similarity, to all other creatures at the first few cellular divisions does not prove that we are related to all other creatures. Maybe God just chose to use a similar, even eerie similarity, in the process of procreation. So what? That was His choice to use the same starting clay when He, the potter, was in His creative mood.

I believe the same too. Christianity and science are fine together. Evolution (to me) seems like the complete opposite of what God does.

Not necessarily. At least in my mind. Take a look at it like this, as Christians, we believe that God created Adam and Eve right? However, we don't know what they looked like when He did. They could have looked like cavemen for all we know and then over time evolution occurred and we look like we do today. Just because a lot of drawings and paintings have Adam and Even pictured like today's human beings doesn't mean they actually were.

There are other points like God creating the earth with a big bang and making an asteroid explosion to create the moon to see where science fits in since all we know is that the Bible tells us that God created everything to have ever known to exist except Himself. We don't really know how He did it just the fact that He did. Oh yeah, that's deep isn't it? My brother is a scientist and was even a Sunday school teacher at one point. Just because somebody is a Christian doesn't mean that they also can't support evolution and other scientific stuff. Of course, I don't believe that we came directly from monkeys though since that seems to go against the Bible.

I realise that all have different views on it. I'm pretty fine with that, as when it comes down to it we really don't know beyond how we interpret the Bible.
I think the reason Genesis gives us the ages of the men when their children were born was so we could add up the dates and it would be as clear as it can be.
I also find the decay curve (in terms of life expectancy) after the flood rather compelling to me. Back then they wouldn't have known about the scientific 'half-life' and how it can be plotted, and yet the age at death over time is pretty much a perfect decay curve. That sort of fits in with the creationist narrative. Yes, it's not conclusive, cause we can all see the evidence and then interpret it in different ways, but I find that and a number of other things make me think the Bible talks about creation in a literal sense.

Yes, sexual identity is a spectrum. There are a lot of things about humans that aren't so good. That's one of them. Some cultures have simple adapted to the fact. Others haven't.

For some people, for whatever reasons, they find themselves unable to fit neatly into heterosexual dichotomies. It's clearly not something they decided to be. So we should offer compassion and support to them as they struggle to deal with the problem.

And such people, if they are able to maintain lives of chastity, are worthy of our respect and admiration.
Gender is a God mandated plan. I don't understand the whole reason or reasons for the increase, or supposed increase in the confusion that humans have about their gender.

I know that there are those that, for reasons beyond my comprehension, are mentally certain that they are a gender opposite to their physical state.

I do know that Satan is always out to counter whatever God has laid down as right.

Could it be that this is, in some way, due to Satan's influence on the world in a physiological and psychological way?

I mean we have been eating chemicals and additives in our food for the last 50 years. Just look at the meds we are taking and how often. All the things that are not natural to our bodies.. The dysfunction in our homes the break down of the traditional family. Fatherless children. Children with no discipline.

Sex and violence is so predominant in the media, movies, cartoons and books...The normality of the functions and respect of men and women and their roles in the family, home and society are shattered.

All of these things effect the mental foundation of a normal child....

And it's all Satan's plan to tear it up and destroy it so that it is not recognizable.

Back