Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Biological Immortality Possible?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rev216

So I have been thinking about this idea of biological immortality for a while now. For a christian immortality is achieved by the eternal spirit given to us by God, but what about for those who don't believe in god or life after death. Do you think biological immortality is possible through possible future advdanced medical technologies and break-throughs? And if biological immortality were possible through science would you ultimately want to be immortal?

Rev216 said:
So I have been thinking about this idea of biological immortality for a while now. For a christian immortality is achieved by the eternal spirit given to us by God, but what about for those who don't believe in god or life after death. Do you think biological immortality is possible through possible future advdanced medical technologies and break-throughs? And if biological immortality were possible through science would you ultimately want to be immortal?
heck no as men will still be evil. evil will still be around. all utopias ultilmately fail.

Although I understand that reports from longevity research suggest that significant strides are likely to be made over the next four or five decades, even if it proved possible to extend lifespans indefinitely, the statistical chances of death from 'unnatural' causes (accidents, etc) are such that unless these were to be dramatically reduced most people would be more likely than not to suffer a fatal accident in something less than 2,000 years. Still looks quite attractive to me, though ;) .

lordkalvan said:
Although I understand that reports from longevity research suggest that significant strides are likely to be made over the next four or five decades, even if it proved possible to extend lifespans indefinitely, the statistical chances of death from 'unnatural' causes (accidents, etc) are such that unless these were to be dramatically reduced most people would be more likely than not to suffer a fatal accident in something less than 2,000 years. Still looks quite attractive to me, though ;) .
unless the morals of men arent changed. it wont be much different then now as greed will prevail.

Back