Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blessing of Election !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It doesn't. It says those who received Him were given the right to become children of God. They received Him before they were given the right became children of God. Receive is in the active voice, that means they performed the action. If God had performed the action it would be in the passive voice.

Also, keep in mind that the passage says they were given the right to become children of God, it doesn't say they did.
Interesting view point. I don't see much sense continuing this part of the discussion as we will end up agreeing to disagree.

Where do the Scriptures speak of spiritual birth?
Re: Spiritually dead ... https://www.gotquestions.org/spiritually-dead.html

Re: Born again / Spiritual birth / reborn / new creature / regeneration / quickened / whatever synonym you prefer ...
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature [synonymous with born again]; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
1 Peter 1:23 for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.
... I could go on

God said that Israel was HIs son, His first born. What Israel physically God's son or is it a metaphor? Well, since Israel is of the Seed of Abraham and not God I think it's safe to say it's a metaphor and not literal. So, if Israel wasn't literally born of God, then it's logical to assume that Christians aren't either.
Granted, Israel is a metaphor. Nations of made up of individuals. Individuals do not have the same characteristics as nations so one cannot assume equivalence. (going on a tangent here ... I am sure you disagree)

Again, spiritually dead isn't in the Scriptures.
I disagree. I addressed this above. Again, I think we are at an impasse.

Man is not a spirit, thus he cannot be spiritually dead or alive.
Granted, man is not spirit. But man has a spirit and therefore said spirit can be dead or alive as that is the status of all beings/creatures. Death means separation, spiritually dead means means separation from God. We are born separated from God (spiritually dead) and through regeneration we are no longer separated from God (we are spiritually alive). Thus terms like new creature (all creatures are alive or dead), born again (only creature can be born, regeneration (Titus 3:5 ESV), made spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened [made alive those whom were spiritually dead] … , who were dead in trespasses and sins) (Aside: Yeah, I know you don't agree)

Well, seeing as you inferred that you desired a response ... this was it.
I am sure I haven't changed your mind nor have you changed my mind. We are at an impasse. It's been an interesting discussion. :yes

It's only nonsense to someone who refuses to accept the truth. If you were serious about it, you'd read every scripture I cited.
I just saw the last few posts of yours.
Very personal and full of insults.
Saying I don't understand something repeatedly does not make it so...quite a silly tactic.

Please clear your mind of preconceived ideas received from calvinist teachings and approach the bible with an open mind and the Holy Spirit by your side if you wish to get to know the God all of Christianity believes in except the reformed,,,who believe in a different God that does not exist.

P.S. I'm not Catholic.
But they Do know the real Almighty and Sovereign God.

tdidymas

BTW
You never did reply to my question..

WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS?

You only told me what the bad news is.
Yes. Calvinism is full of the bad news,,,
But I asked you what the good news is?
WHY was the NT written?
What Is The GOOD News?

I just saw the last few posts of yours.
Very personal and full of insults.
Saying I don't understand something repeatedly does not make it so...quite a silly tactic.

Please clear your mind of preconceived ideas received from calvinist teachings and approach the bible with an open mind and the Holy Spirit by your side if you wish to get to know the God all of Christianity believes in except the reformed,,,who believe in a different God that does not exist.

P.S. I'm not Catholic.
But they Do know the real Almighty and Sovereign God.
Exchanging uglies doesn't accomplish anything. Like I said, either respond to the scriptures I cite, or this conversation is over.

tdidymas

BTW
You never did reply to my question..

WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS?

You only told me what the bad news is.
Yes. Calvinism is full of the bad news,,,
But I asked you what the good news is?
WHY was the NT written?
What Is The GOOD News?
This thread is about the doctrine of election, not about basic Christianity. Besides, I answered the question, and you disagreed, I guess you forgot about that. And your prejudice against what you assess as Calvinism is a problem that won't get resolved any time soon. I think this conversation isn't going anywhere, so I think we ought to go separate ways.

This thread is about the doctrine of election, not about basic Christianity. Besides, I answered the question, and you disagreed, I guess you forgot about that. And your prejudice against what you assess as Calvinism is a problem that won't get resolved any time soon. I think this conversation isn't going anywhere, so I think we ought to go separate ways.
Election IS about Christianity.
Christianity teaches that God makes Himself known to us and invites us to be a child of His.
This is the Good News of the N.T. gospels.
That we have a savior in Whom we can trust for our salvation,,,
IF WE WANT to be saved.

This Good News does not exist in the reformed faith because they are the only denomination that believes
that God does the actual choosing...

Thus removing the Good News -

Which is FOR EVERYONE ---
God gave His only Son FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.
God so loved the World.
He gave His only begotten Son.
Whoever believeth in Him will be saved.
And he that believes not on Him is lost already.

And on to verse 21....WHERE does it state anywhere in these verses that salvation is unconditional upon God's whim?

So, yes, you could have answered WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS, which I posted a couple of times.
It's difficult to answer this for those that believe that God does the choosing and not we ourselves.

And I have no prejudice as to what I assess as Calvinism.
I have actually done some studying on Calvinism, including reading some of the Institutes which John Calvin wrote.
A volume of 4 books. There is no pre-judging on my part.

I also looked at the WCF and it says the same, but in a softer tone.
It's not very transparent and one has to be careful when they THINK they understand what it states.
I wonder why it had to be softened down???

So, yes, you go your own separate way - not being able to bring the Good News of the gospels to anyone since it is not up to them to decide on salvation...

And I'll go my separate way - being able to say the Good News to anyone I want to because I know it will be planting a seed for their contemplation.

You have only the Bad News...
all other Christians have the Good News.

The death of Michael Servetus

"Being led to a pile of wood made up of small sticks and bundles of green oak with the leaves still on, he was seated on a log with his feet touching the ground, his body chained to a stake, and his neck bound to it by a coarse rope; his head covered with straw or leaves sprinkled with sulphur, and his book tied to his thigh. He besought the executioner not to prolong his torture; and when the torch met his sight he uttered a terrible shriek, while the horrified people threw on more wood and he cried out, ‘0 Jesus, Son of the eternal God, have mercy on me.’ After about half an hour life was extinct."

It is said that the "merciful Calvin" had requested beheading for Servetus rather than burning, but this request was refused. Calvin did not attend the execution.

The death of Michael Servetus

"Being led to a pile of wood made up of small sticks and bundles of green oak with the leaves still on, he was seated on a log with his feet touching the ground, his body chained to a stake, and his neck bound to it by a coarse rope; his head covered with straw or leaves sprinkled with sulphur, and his book tied to his thigh. He besought the executioner not to prolong his torture; and when the torch met his sight he uttered a terrible shriek, while the horrified people threw on more wood and he cried out, ‘0 Jesus, Son of the eternal God, have mercy on me.’ After about half an hour life was extinct."

It is said that the "merciful Calvin" had requested beheading for Servetus rather than burning, but this request was refused. Calvin did not attend the execution.
It is not intelligent for us to follow the teachings of a mortal man instead on those of our Lord Jesus.

Election IS about Christianity.

Here, in a very subtle way, you are misrepresenting what I said. I'm simply trying to stay on point, and you are trying to evade it by asking about the basic gospel. Note that I said "basic Christianity" - I had in mind Heb. 6 where he says he's not going to discuss elementary things about Christianity, but rather go on to more mature matters. This is what I am trying to do, which is the purpose of the OP. So why should I let you derail the thread by discussing elemental things, even after I answered the question (in which you disagreed)?

Christianity teaches that God makes Himself known to us and invites us to be a child of His.
This is the Good News of the N.T. gospels.
That we have a savior in Whom we can trust for our salvation,,,
IF WE WANT to be saved.
You are speaking of elemental Christianity, which is part of the gospel preached to the lost. But the OP is not about this. It's about the edification of the saints. It's about what God has done for the saints, and thus makes the saints experience the blessing of God's grace. The doctrine of election is not for unbelievers, and does nothing at all for them except to condemn them to a hopeless judgment. The doctrine of election is only for the saints who have already received the grace of God.

And besides, who doesn't WANT to be saved? Yet "few are chosen."

This Good News does not exist in the reformed faith because they are the only denomination that believes
that God does the actual choosing...
Jesus said to His disciples "You did not choose Me, but I chose you..." (I think this is in John 15 somewhere). Why would He say this if God is not the one who does the actual choosing?

Thus removing the Good News -
Your assessment of the doctrine of election sounds a lot like my earlier statement, that it does nothing for the unsaved but to condemn them. Are you trying to see it from an unbeliever's point of view, or do you actually and firmly believe what you say here?

Which is FOR EVERYONE ---
If the Good News was FOR EVERYONE as you claim, then EVERYONE would understand and believe it. But here's the fact: for most people it's NOT GOOD NEWS, because they stand condemned, and will be ultimately cast into the lake of fire. Therefore, in a very real and practical manner, the gospel is only good news for those who are saved by God.
1 Cor. 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."
Can you see that Paul says that the gospel is only good news to "us which are saved," and for "them that perish" it is foolishness?

Therefore, I completely disagree with your premise that the gospel is for everyone. No, it is for all people, that is, all ethnic groups, but not for everyone. Those rejecting the gospel are those who the gospel is not for. Given your "free will" idea, those people have decided that the "good news" is NOT FOR THEM.

So, from my POV you are contradicting yourself by your statement. Can you see the contradiction here?

God gave His only Son FOR THE WHOLE WORLD.
God so loved the World.
He gave His only begotten Son.
Whoever believeth in Him will be saved.
And he that believes not on Him is lost already.
God loves all men to some extent, but He doesn't love everyone the same. God loves those who love Him - Deu.5:10 "but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments" (and many other scriptures like this). So, God does not love everyone the same, does not bless everyone the same, and is not merciful to everyone the same.

"Jacob I loved, and Esau I hated" - doesn't this tell you that God doesn't love everyone the same, or in the same way? God loved Esau in many ways and blessed him in many ways, but according to Paul and the writer of Hebrews, was not chosen for salvation.

Therefore, God did not choose everyone for salvation. It becomes obvious in the book of Revelation. Therefore, your idea that God gave Jesus for everyone doesn't follow the teaching of scripture. If that were so, then it contradicts your statement that whoever doesn't believe is "lost already." If God gave His son for those who are lost, then God's gift was ineffective in that case. Do you believe that God's gift of Jesus is ineffective for unbelievers? And if so, how? If not, how?

And on to verse 21....WHERE does it state anywhere in these verses that salvation is unconditional upon God's whim?
Your usage of the term "whim" is inherently derogatory, because you don't understand or know how God makes His decisions, and therefore you turn God's arbitration into an evil idea. The fact that a judge is elected as an arbiter of a case is like God being an arbiter of a person's salvation. But the difference is that a judge can either whimsically let someone off the hook (and call it mercy), or he can judge judiciously according to the deeds of that person under scrutiny. Whereas God exerts either justice or mercy according to His divine and holy plan, which Paul teaches in Rom. 9 (and it is taught elsewhere).

The difference between a human judge and God is that a human judge is fallible, and therefore has no option but to judge according to the law, and if he doesn't, then he is deemed an evildoer. But God on the contrary is righteous no matter what he does, as Job acknowledged in Job 42. And God's arbitration is according to His own purpose which is higher than any purpose or thought you can conceive.

This is how God can save a person without any human merit. Your "free will" idea requires that salvation be merited by a "free will" choice on the part of the person being saved, and therefore you don't believe that grace is unmerited. If you believed that grace was not merited by anything, including a "free will" choice, then you would agree that God arbitrates a person's salvation (that is, persons who don't deserve that arbitration in any way, shape, or form).

Yet, Eph. 2:5 is clear that grace is unmerited. "While you were dead..." God "raised us to life" - there is no indication whatsoever that God made His choice based on what the person did or thought. This is what grace is, and is what predestination is. "Dead" is a term depicting someone's mind (and spiritual condition) in the same condition as described in Rom. 3:10-18.

So, yes, you could have answered WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS, which I posted a couple of times.
It's difficult to answer this for those that believe that God does the choosing and not we ourselves.
Here is another derogatory statement from you, which shows your hypocrisy. If you were sincere about your gripe, you wouldn't be making statements like this.

But since scripture declares clearly that God does the choosing, I believe that and not what you say. Eph. 1:4 "just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world" - it doesn't say "He foresaw that we would choose Him," which is how you want it to read.

And I have no prejudice as to what I assess as Calvinism.
I have actually done some studying on Calvinism, including reading some of the Institutes which John Calvin wrote.
A volume of 4 books. There is no pre-judging on my part.
I don't care how much or little you read, you have a false idea, and therefore you are prejudiced. I also am prejudiced in favor of the scripture which I claim Calvin's teachings, along with Luther's and others, are closer to what scripture teaches than anything you've said so far.

And so I assert that you do pre-judge negatively toward anything I say because I classified myself as reformed. It seems like every time I explain scripture so that it can be understood clearly, you immediately go to some caricature of Calvinism and stereotype me as some wild-haired heretic. But God said "let us reason together..."

How many times do I have to prove that you are wrong in your judgments before you begin to admit that you even might be wrong? Paul wrote that the one who thinks they know something doesn't yet know as they ought to.

There has to be some basis on which we can converse and agree on what the scripture means by what it says. If we cannot agree on anything, then how can we have a civil conversation?

I also looked at the WCF and it says the same, but in a softer tone.
It's not very transparent and one has to be careful when they THINK they understand what it states.
I wonder why it had to be softened down???
Your judgment about the Westminster Confession (I assume this is what you mean by WCF) shows that you haven't yet understood it, and you appear to make the same judgments about it as you do the scripture - that is, your conclusions are based on your opinion and fallible reasoning, rather than on what scripture actually states.

So, yes, you go your own separate way - not being able to bring the Good News of the gospels to anyone since it is not up to them to decide on salvation...

And I'll go my separate way - being able to say the Good News to anyone I want to because I know it will be planting a seed for their contemplation.

You have only the Bad News...
all other Christians have the Good News.
Again, your judgment is false, and your intention to insult is hypocritical.
So we can agree at least to disagree and go our separate ways.

Last edited:
Which scriptures did I not reply to?
As I go back to try and prove that I'm right about my impression of you, I can see that you did reply in disagreement to some of the scriptures I cited. But here is an example of ones you avoided:

TD:
Acts 2:23 "this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death."
Acts 4:27-28 "For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur."
Both scriptures in context is talking about the crucifixion of Christ. Notice it says "predetermined" and "predestined" which refers to the sinful acts of those involved in the crucifixion. According to your logic, God sinned, based on these statements. But it is because your logic is bad. God can predestine these sinful acts and not sin Himself.
I'm certain you disagree with my conclusion, so where is your reply?
And I don't use uglies.....
You just did in the prev. reply, as you did the very same thing to me that you griped about. Here is an example, I quote from you: "And it also seems like you don't know what Jesus meant about judging". As you make this assertion without any explanation to back it up, you are judging with your opinion in the same way that Jesus said not to.

But if I point out something you did wrong (with scriptural backup), you claim I insult you, which is a false accusation. It makes me feel like abandoning the conversation with you, much the same as the feeling of the apostle Paul debating with the Jews, when he said "from now on I'm going to the gentiles; they will listen."

Here is another one: "I'm finished speaking to you since you're unable to be serious about this." "Unable to be serious" is an obvious insult, so the very thing you gripe about you are doing, which is hypocrisy. Now, since I point out your discrepancy, do you think I am insulting you?

And one from the prev. reply: "... the reformed,,,who believe in a different God that does not exist." Do you claim this is not a clear and purposeful insult? Your prejudice shows up in living color here, as well as the hypocrisy I say you're in.

So, instead of exchanging uglies like this, why not stick to exegeting the scripture and staying on the OP?

This brings me back to one of your previous replies to my quote of John 1:13, in saying your "free will" idea is wrong because John clearly states that people are NOT born of God by any will of their own. This is what you said:
Wondering:
One is not saved because he wills it, but because He follows Jesus and His commandments.
But I suppose that you can't see you are contradicting yourself here. If a person follows Jesus and obeys His commandments, is not that person willing himself to do so? How can someone follow Jesus without using his will? You claim that a person obeys the gospel by a "free will" choice. Can't you see that if obedience is a "free will" choice leading to salvation, that a person is being saved because he wills it?

I guess it begs the question, what do you mean by "wills"? Are you using the word in the same sense (and the same meaning) as you use the term "free will"? It looks to me like you are trying to evade the issue by redefining the term "will" in your usage of the term here. It appears to me in the context of your statement that you define the term "wills" as "wishes." Is this what you mean? And if so, this is not what John means by it, and not what I mean by it. Therefore, you need to explain your statement, because it doesn't address the issue at hand.

As I go back to try and prove that I'm right about my impression of you, I can see that you did reply in disagreement to some of the scriptures I cited. But here is an example of ones you avoided:

I'm certain you disagree with my conclusion, so where is your reply?

You just did in the prev. reply, as you did the very same thing to me that you griped about. Here is an example, I quote from you: "And it also seems like you don't know what Jesus meant about judging". As you make this assertion without any explanation to back it up, you are judging with your opinion in the same way that Jesus said not to.

But if I point out something you did wrong (with scriptural backup), you claim I insult you, which is a false accusation. It makes me feel like abandoning the conversation with you, much the same as the feeling of the apostle Paul debating with the Jews, when he said "from now on I'm going to the gentiles; they will listen."

Here is another one: "I'm finished speaking to you since you're unable to be serious about this." "Unable to be serious" is an obvious insult, so the very thing you gripe about you are doing, which is hypocrisy. Now, since I point out your discrepancy, do you think I am insulting you?

And one from the prev. reply: "... the reformed,,,who believe in a different God that does not exist." Do you claim this is not a clear and purposeful insult? Your prejudice shows up in living color here, as well as the hypocrisy I say you're in.

So, instead of exchanging uglies like this, why not stick to exegeting the scripture and staying on the OP?

This brings me back to one of your previous replies to my quote of John 1:13, in saying your "free will" idea is wrong because John clearly states that people are NOT born of God by any will of their own. This is what you said:

But I suppose that you can't see you are contradicting yourself here. If a person follows Jesus and obeys His commandments, is not that person willing himself to do so? How can someone follow Jesus without using his will? You claim that a person obeys the gospel by a "free will" choice. Can't you see that if obedience is a "free will" choice leading to salvation, that a person is being saved because he wills it?

I guess it begs the question, what do you mean by "wills"? Are you using the word in the same sense (and the same meaning) as you use the term "free will"? It looks to me like you are trying to evade the issue by redefining the term "will" in your usage of the term here. It appears to me in the context of your statement that you define the term "wills" as "wishes." Is this what you mean? And if so, this is not what John means by it, and not what I mean by it. Therefore, you need to explain your statement, because it doesn't address the issue at hand.
Acts 2:23
and Acts 4:27 are the only verses you used to which I'll reply...
They are referring to the crucifixion of Jesus.

Early on I had explained that this should not be included in the predestinating of God because this WAS
predestined.

I'm agreeing with you...no need to carry on about it.

The rest is you telling me what I believe.
I really don't reply to such personal statements...
If you want to proceed, I'm willing to, but based on scripture.
If you want to get into calvinist ideas,,,then I use John Calvin himself. (and scripture).

The Goal of Election, its God having Predestinated a particular number of people unto Eternal Glory in Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10, for the purpose of having the praise of His Grace Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
No election no grace / no salvation

Rom. 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
The elect obtain that for which they seek and the rest are blinded

Rom. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Thats why its a blessing to be of the election when it comes to salvation, because if not, the rest who are not of the election of grace, are blinded.

Blessings of Election, because of being chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

#1. Gods Love is a blessing of election
, it was His Love that put us in Christ in the first place, those God so loved with an everlasting love, He chose them in Christ, so God loves then He chooses Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Deut 4:37

And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;

No election no grace / no salvation

Rom. 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
The elect obtain that for which they seek and the rest are blinded

Rom. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Thats why its a blessing to be of the election when it comes to salvation, because if not, the rest who are not of the election of grace, are blinded.

Israel was elected for purpose, to be the people whom God would bring forth the promised Messiah.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 2 Timothy 2:10

Paul's desire was for the elect, Israel, to also obtain salvation.

JLB

Blessings of Election

Lets look at the context of Eph 1 to renumerate the spiritual blessings of election:

In addition to having been chosen in Christ before the foundation, listed with many of the spiritual blessing we have been blessed with are:

Predestination in Vs 5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Accepted Vs 6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Redemption and forgiveness Vs 7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

Revelation Vs 8-9

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

To be gathered together Vs 10

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

An Inheritance Vs 11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

A Trust in Christ Vs 12-13

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

A hearing of the word of truth Vs 13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

A sealing work of the Spirit Vs 13-14

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Love to the saints Vs 15

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Be assured God in His Providence will bring each chosen vessel of mercy into the experience of these spiritual blessings due to the blessings of election !

Back