Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Blood covenant marriage

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Is Blood covenant marriage BCM necessary or scriptural (today)?

I'm not just talking about the rupturing of the hymen during bonding (this is still blood covenant)...there is yet another form of BCM I have known for long now which rarely (I believe) exists. This kind of covenant involves, as usual, a male and a female who promise to be married to each other. They vow or make a covenant to be together forever unless death parts them. What's actually involved in this is that both people cut their skin (say the palm) with a sharp object and each person licks the other person's blood, and during/afterwhich they make vows never to part.

People say such a covenant is powerful and should never be joked with. It leads to death if any of the two goes contrary to the vows made in the covenant.

The major concern is that each person says stuff like:

'I will never leave you - no matter what happens...I will never marry another person. If I do this, let this happen to me; if I do that let that happen to me.'

And there is power in the blood. Blood Covenant is something extraordinarily powerful. You know what the bible talks about Blood Covenant!

What do you think about BCM, forumers (I mean the one involving sex and the later)?

NOTE: the first case might not really occur. Some use it to prove virginity in women. Something might happen along a woman's life - and she could lose that proof...(could be as a result of sickness, cleansing/pressure, remarriage, etc)

If a person's word is not enough to establish covenant, nothing is.

I would say the same. Trust is all you need.

But, Jet, trust and mere words of mouth might mean little or nothing to an unbeliever. I think, most unbelievers were/are more involved in this BCM thing than believers (if it is really scriptural for 'us' to apply).

I do...I do - doesn't make sense to some.

No it doesn't make sense at all there is nothing scriptural in cutting someone hand and licking the blood it has no place in being a Christian!..if your yes means yes and your no means no then why would you need to add anything to it? Symbols are just that, symbols... if one person is faithful to another it's because they want to be not because of some performed ritual. With all these types of rituals its about vengeance for broken contracts and most people do not understand what contracts they are getting into.

To give an example Christ knocks at the door of your heart and you accept him in, the invitation and then him walking in is the contract..some people play with the demonic and invite them in the invitation and them entering is the contract. A close family relative is walking into the occult and she was given some tarot cards and when I asked the cost she said you are not supposed to buy them but must be given them by someone with the ability to use them...."Do you accept these and all they possess?" she replied yes and took them..Contract?... God has a view on blood Abels blood cried out from the ground..What gravely concerns me when any blood contract is available...there is something contractual going on at a much deeper level than the red stuff that comes out of us

Last edited by a moderator:
The first type was the basis for Biblical marriage in the past. I remember in the Old Testament the act of intercourse WAS the wedding pretty much. Once you "did it" you were married.

The second type- this is the first time I have heard of it and honestly, I don't know what to think.

The first type was the basis for Biblical marriage in the past.
It's almost unnecessary today, and has been abused by series of divorces and remarriages ,and so on. People almost don't worry about it today. You know the reason for that?
It is very clear.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back