Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bob's Burgers

Anyone watch this? It's hilarious!!
We keep up with it on Netflix.
back when I first became a Christian, I watched family guy until an episode came on where a girl basically eluded to being sexually abused by her dad and they made a joke about it. That made me super uncomfortable. I prayed about it and God gave me the verse that said you are the salt of the earth. But I knew it was my choice. In the end I ended up giving up family guy even though I loved it. Then bobs burgers came about and my husband and I loved it. I didn't seem to care that there were a lot of inappropriate things such as drag queens, Bob getting drunk and going out to be a cab driver for drag prostitutes? And an episode where Linda gets into selling sex toys. There's a lot of adult material. It's really witty and funny and has some wholesome moments, so I overlooked all that stuff. We got rid of Hulu for a while and weren't able to watch it for a while. But I recently had the ability to get bobs burgers again and I was excited at first. But all week I kept getting that verse brought up in different places about being the salt of the earth. I finally figured out that God was warning me about not watching this show again. Not only would I be potentially numbing myself to things that God cares about, but I would be subjecting my kids to things they don't understand and may become curious about. all it all, though it has its moments, it does not glorify God. As I have grown deeper in my walk with him, the callouses have been removed and I'm softer to God's voice trying to steer me in the right direction. So I would say what I felt God told me as a believer: "You are the salt of the earth...but it's your choice."

Back