Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Brutal Honesty

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why not be honest but do so with kindness and love? My wife tells me about how I mismatch my clothing all the time. She doesn't have to be hurtful to do it.
Hi have a wife like that as mentioned earlier.

Left to my own devices I'd be walking around looking like a clown.

We should be walking with a heart of compassion when others ask us our opinion as there is no place for any kind of a lie, but when brutal honesty spews out of our mouth it brings with it no compassion, but only condemnation. We can be completely honest and should be, but guard the words you speak.

We should be walking with a heart of compassion when others ask us our opinion as there is no place for any kind of a lie, but when brutal honesty spews out of our mouth it brings with it no compassion, but only condemnation. We can be completely honest and should be, but guard the words you speak.
Amen and well said. Beleive it or not as you were typing this I have just created a thread called compassion.

I think there is a time and place for being brutally honest, although the circumstance would be rare.

If you see somebody going down the wrong path... A path that will certainly cause them pain and discomfort if they continue, and they won't listen to reason, then being brutally honest in a non-judgmental manner may be needed. However, this tact may be enough to severe your relationship with said individual so if your more concerned with voicing your concern than allowing them to make their own mistakes, then being brutally honest is a chance that may or may not pay off.

I think there is a time and place for being brutally honest, although the circumstance would be rare.

If you see somebody going down the wrong path... A path that will certainly cause them pain and discomfort if they continue, and they won't listen to reason, then being brutally honest in a non-judgmental manner may be needed. However, this tact may be enough to severe your relationship with said individual so if your more concerned with voicing your concern than allowing them to make their own mistakes, then being brutally honest is a chance that may or may not pay off.
I experienced that with a person who I walked alongside for a a year and a half. Him and his wife who were having marriage problems . He asked me to do something that negated his responsibility and I said no and that it was his responsibility. He didn't like it and started to try and reverse the situation and put me and my wife in his situation. When I refused he got very upset with me and me with him. In the end I had to ask him to leave my house cause I was about to lose the plot with him. He refused and I had to confront him and more or less pushed him out of my house.

I went to see him later and try to reconcile but he would not at the time. Some while later he came a hugged me but has avoided me since. I was brutally honest with him, I told him he was negating his responsibility and he was bang out of order.

I sought God to see if I got it wrong and to be honest I don't think I did.

Hopefully we will fully reconcile.

I think it's brutally honestly provable that a lot of christians really can't hear Jesus:

Matthew 12:
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I wish Jesus would have inserted "may be" instead of making it a Rock Solid Promise of "thou shalt be." But then again, maybe not.

If it's true that Jesus can't be heard, does it pay to be brutally honest? Makes me wonder.

Back