Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Call No Man Father

Utter Nonsense. There is NO evidence, either Biblically or eyewitnesses or even a suggested rumor that Mary did not have pain in childbirth.

I br9ing up Romans because it is the Word of God. The better questions is WHY do you reject the Bible? By rejecting the Word of God and accepting the words of men YOU my dear are calling God a liar! Good luck with that.

This is the kind of unfounded and unbelievable stuff that has ruined Christianity over the years.

All of christianity know that it was the "Disciples" who worked, listed, and were taught by Jesus for 3 and 1/2 years. They only became the "Apostles" when He died.

Correct.
Wow. Not all Christians know this.
I'm impressed that you could know so much and yet believe that HISTORY ended with the death of John.
I hope you know - which I think you do - that those TAUGHT BY THE APOSTLES AND SO ON....are the very same persons who decided WHAT would go into the NT and decided such?

Maybe the NT is not to be trusted AT ALL, since it wasn't in any bible?
:nag

And YES......the office of Apostle ended when John died, not because I as a Protestant said so but because God said so and that just drives all Catholic crazy!

I am sure you have never read this Scripture, and if you have you do not understand it but in 1 Corinthians you will find the answer........
" Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I hope, Rodger, that you understand that the above is speaking about the future when the perfect comes.
Certainly it is not speaking about our age and in our time.
If you don't agree with this, you'll have to explain why you posted this verse in regard to the ECFs since they are the ones who learned from the Apostles and then taught others.

I agree. WHen two people present you with two truths, only ONE can be correct. The one who is correct is the one who has the Word of God as his authority to validate what he says. The other one has his "OPINIONS".

OSAS......Absolutly!
Absolutely!

!!

Really?
And where is this stated in the NT?
I really don't think this is the place, but if the moderator will allow it, I'm open to discussion.
Why?
Because the concept of OSAS is one of the most destructive concepts that our new Christianity (and I mean since the reformation) has supplied to us.

Before the reformation OSAS was NEVER taught nor ever mentioned.
Seems like the theologians that came before the reformation must have been really dumb folk:
Like Augustine (whom I don't particularly care for) or Acquinas and those types.
I think they had a better brain and understanding of the NT than you or I ever will...
and THEY did not even consider OSAS.

And herein lies the problem that I'm discussing here.
After pages of our back and forth....
HOW will we know which one of us has THE TRUTH?

I guess what I'm saying is that sola scriptura cannot be used to come to the truth.
Unlike Muhammad, Jesus did not sit down and write a book.
He entrusted His teachings to His Apostles and told them to go and teach.
What happens after that?

The bible was not officialized/compiled/canonized untill the 4th century at the council of Carthage. About 395AD, really the 5th century I'd say.

What was used before then?

Anyone Protestant believer who says that they can lose or forfeit their salvation is Biblically ignorant so therefore they do know have any idea what the TRUTH is!.

OK.
Let's have a go at it and see what happens.
Paul himself was afraid of loosing his salvation...
1 Corinthians 9:27 This would be a good start.
What does it mean if not that Paul HIMSELF might not be disqualified?
Disqualified from what?
Crowns maybe.
Did Jesus come to teach us how to gain crowns or how to gain eternal life?

Some Christians seem to believe that they can live however they wish to and still be saved because of the teaching of OSAS. This is horrendous and could actually cause the loss of souls since God DEMANDS that we obey Him.

YES.....the Reformation was needed. We agree. I would encourage you to read the work done by John Calvin ...."“The Necessity of Reforming the Church.”
How do you know I haven't?
Besides his mostly horrific statements, John Calvin was one of those brains I mentioned before....
Too bad he misrepresented God even though he did have some great sermons.

I don't need to read Calvin to know why the reformation was necessary.

The church is always in need of reform. Even in the New Testament, we see Jesus rebuking Peter, and we see Paul correcting the Corinthians. Since Christians are always sinners, the church will always need reform.

And HOW do we know we are CORRECTLY reforming the church?

The Reformers of the sixteenth century concluded that reform was urgent and necessary.
In pursuing reform for the church, they rejected two extremes.

1. On the one hand, they rejected those who insisted that the church was essentially sound and needed no fundamental changes.

2. On the other hand, they rejected those who believed that they could create a perfect church in every detail.

Agreed.

BUT
Man is the creator of institutions.
And since man is not THE CREATOR...
They will always fail.

I don't really trust ANY institution because I find that the teachings are different for each one....
so they do not contain THE TRUTH.

The church needed fundamental reform, but it would also always need to be reforming itself. The Reformers reached these conclusions because they actually began to read the Bible.

This is funny Rodger.
Now,I know that you probably mean Luther being affected by a couple of verses, one of them being Ephesians 2:8...

But we CANNOT say that the reformers had not read the bible before they were "converted" from Catholicism.

The fact that you do not believe in OSAS is answered by your comment of being a Protestant of Nazarene and Assembly of God.
OR
By having read the ECFs.

Which is the real answer.
When I encounter a conflict, I always turn to them.

I am not saying that to argue about that denomination...I am only saying that they basically believe you can be saved and then backslide and will go to hell if you should die. You have to repent and accept christ as your savior again to go to heaven.
Yes. I really don't care to get into discussing denominations since I don't really belong to any ONE and am not willing to defend them --- this includes Catholicism. It does bother me how we don't understand each other.
Guess I won't be changing this!
LOL

Absolutely!

!!

Really?
And where is this stated in the NT?
I really don't think this is the place, but if the moderator will allow it, I'm open to discussion.
Why?
Because the concept of OSAS is one of the most destructive concepts that our new Christianity (and I mean since the reformation) has supplied to us.

Before the reformation OSAS was NEVER taught nor ever mentioned.
Seems like the theologians that came before the reformation must have been really dumb folk:
Like Augustine (whom I don't particularly care for) or Acquinas and those types.
I think they had a better brain and understanding of the NT than you or I ever will...
and THEY did not even consider OSAS.

And herein lies the problem that I'm discussing here.
After pages of our back and forth....
HOW will we know which one of us has THE TRUTH?

I guess what I'm saying is that sola scriptura cannot be used to come to the truth.
Unlike Muhammad, Jesus did not sit down and write a book.
He entrusted His teachings to His Apostles and told them to go and teach.
What happens after that?

The bible was not officialized/compiled/canonized untill the 4th century at the council of Carthage. About 395AD, really the 5th century I'd say.

What was used before then?

OK.
Let's have a go at it and see what happens.
Paul himself was afraid of loosing his salvation...
1 Corinthians 9:27 This would be a good start.
What does it mean if not that Paul HIMSELF might not be disqualified?
Disqualified from what?
Crowns maybe.
Did Jesus come to teach us how to gain crowns or how to gain eternal life?

Some Christians seem to believe that they can live however they wish to and still be saved because of the teaching of OSAS. This is horrendous and could actually cause the loss of souls since God DEMANDS that we obey Him.

How do you know I haven't?
Besides his mostly horrific statements, John Calvin was one of those brains I mentioned before....
Too bad he misrepresented God even though he did have some great sermons.

I don't need to read Calvin to know why the reformation was necessary.

And HOW do we know we are CORRECTLY reforming the church?

Agreed.

BUT
Man is the creator of institutions.
And since man is not THE CREATOR...
They will always fail.

I don't really trust ANY institution because I find that the teachings are different for each one....
so they do not contain THE TRUTH.

This is funny Rodger.
Now,I know that you probably mean Luther being affected by a couple of verses, one of them being Ephesians 2:8...

But we CANNOT say that the reformers had not read the bible before they were "converted" from Catholicism.

OR
By having read the ECFs.

Which is the real answer.
When I encounter a conflict, I always turn to them.

Yes. I really don't care to get into discussing denominations since I don't really belong to any ONE and am not willing to defend them --- this includes Catholicism. It does bother me how we don't understand each other.
Guess I won't be changing this!
LOL
THe source of truth is found in the Bible. The truth of God’s Word also holds sanctifying power for the believer.

God desires His followers to be people of the truth (Ephesians 4:25). He loves those who tell the truth and detests those who lie (Proverbs 12:22; 6:16–19). The Lord underscores the importance of truth by presenting us with “the belt of truth” as the first piece of our spiritual armor (Ephesians 6:10–17). The rest of our armor is held secure when the truth is wrapped around us. Otherwise, we are defenseless against the lies of our adversary, the devil, who is the father of lies (John 8:44).

The Bible is our only source of information about Jesus and about all of those things we embrace as elements of our faith. Of course, if the Bible isn’t true, then professing Christians are in serious trouble.

I believe the Bible is true. I believe it is the Word of God. As Jesus Himself declared of the Scripture, “Your word is truth.” But why am I persuaded that the Bible is the truth?

We need to ask a broader question first. How do we know that anything is true? We’re asking a technical question in epistemology. How do we test claims of truth?

There is a certain kind of truth that we test through observation, experimentation, eyewitness, examination, and scientific evidence. As far as the history of Jesus is concerned, as far as we know any history, we want to check the stories of Scripture using those means by which historical evidence can be tested—through archaeology, for example.

Second, we want to test the claims of truth through the test of rationality. Is it logically consistent, or does it speak with a “forked tongue”? We examine the content of Scripture to see if it is coherent. That’s another test of truth. One of the most astonishing things, of course, is that the Bible has literally thousands of testable historical prophecies, cases in which events were clearly foretold, and both the foretelling and the fulfillment are a matter of historical record. The very dimension of the sheer fulfillment of prophecy of the Old Testament Scriptures should be enough to convince anyone that we are dealing with a supernatural piece of literature.

Correct.
Wow. Not all Christians know this.
I'm impressed that you could know so much and yet believe that HISTORY ended with the death of John.
I hope you know - which I think you do - that those TAUGHT BY THE APOSTLES AND SO ON....are the very same persons who decided WHAT would go into the NT and decided such?

Maybe the NT is not to be trusted AT ALL, since it wasn't in any bible?
:nag

1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I hope, Rodger, that you understand that the above is speaking about the future when the perfect comes.
Certainly it is not speaking about our age and in our time.
If you don't agree with this, you'll have to explain why you posted this verse in regard to the ECFs since they are the ones who learned from the Apostles and then taught others.
Thank you for the compliment. I am not that smart.....just old! Age sometimes allow us to be educated.

Sister.....I DO NOT believe that "history" ended with the death of John. Again...with respect, you have once again said something that I did not say.

I said..."The OFFICE of the Apostles ended when John died". OFFICE of Apostle---NOT HISTORY!

That is simply because an Apostle had to be a witness, (there for the resurrection) and be personally commissioned to be an Apostle. THAT IS THE QUALIFICATIONS TO BE AN APOSTLE. That fact then eliminates anyone being an Apostle after the last one died who was John.

Now, if you choose to accept the teachings of the RCC over and above the Word of God, then that is your choice to do so.

Now as for the "The Perfect" in 1 Corth. 13. It is NOT the age we live in today as you stated.

Chapter 13 IS NOT about the future. It is a discourse of what Love will do as it is a continueing process that overshadows the temporary gifts given to the Apostles.

In the original Greek, "The Perfect" is the word...TELIOS and means literally =
"perfect" -----"without flaw."

It is a masculine adjective word used to describe something.

Now, we can disagree on many things about the RCC and the Protestant church, but I do not believe that you can argue that there are only TWO Perfect things..........
1. The Lord Jesus Christ
2. The Bible, the Word of God.

Now, in Greek Grammer.....and I encourage you to look these things up, because the word Teleios is masculine, it therefore can not be talking about a "Time Frame, or Heaven, or the Believer".

Then because Paul knew that Jesus had come, died and rose again, he could only be referring to the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD so that when it was completed, it then was the MATURE, COMPLETED PERFECT ONE!

Not so.
Some scripture addresses believers and others address unbelievers.

I see no "tragedy" in obedience to God.
Why do you ?

I guess you don't believe in rebirth, or Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

I call that false doctrine the "Split Personality Doctrine".
Two, fighting against each other.
I will not accept any accommodations for sin.
Neither should anyone else.

You can't encourage something that has been destroyed.
Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

But you say that is impossible ?
Some of that split personality poking through ?

Only those still in a "not dead old man" struggle.
Be a new creature and be done with the old everything !
It is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)

If you still have a sin nature, you are not in the Spirit.

That is exactly what I believe.
Thanks for the verse that proves it.
Is this the same Roger that just wrote..."Listen friend....no one can crucify the old nature. It has been with the human race since Adam and Eve." ???

That is right.
Including the nature.

The only imperfections in the children reborn of God's seed is the vessel's mortality.
The body fades away, but the body is at the service of the new mind.

If you think God left His children with split personalities, you are wrong.

What I say to myself is "Thanks be to God for saving me from what I once was !"

No, scripture teaches no such thing.
It teaches us that the old man can be destroyed. (Rom 6:6, Gal 5:24), and another raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4)

Why would I seek a second, defiled, unsanctified, nature ?
"But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." (Heb 10:3)

It is written..."Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved." (Matt 9:17)
Why are you trying to keep part of the "old bottle" ?
I see that you refuse to discuss our differences on a one at a time basis.

All of your responces are based on Pentecostal false teachings and not the Word of God.

I encourage you to READ the Bible instead of following false teachers.

If and when you do you will understand that when people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. To be clear, salvation is more than saying a prayer or “making a decision” for Christ; salvation is a sovereign act of God whereby an unregenerate sinner is washed, renewed, and born again by the Holy Spirit (John 3:3; Titus 3:5).

When salvation occurs, God gives the forgiven sinner a new heart and puts a new spirit within him (Ezekiel 36:26). The Spirit will cause the saved person to walk in obedience to God’s Word (Ezekiel 36:26–27; James 2:26). Numerous passages of Scripture declare the fact that, as an act of God, salvation is secure:

(a) Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed—he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

(b) Paul asks two crucial questions in Romans 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns. We have both the advocate and judge as our Savior.

(c) Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (John 3:3; Titus 3:5). For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

(d) The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (John 14:17; Romans 8:9) and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

(e) John 3:15 states that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. Hence, if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

(f) In a conclusive argument, Scripture says, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38–39).

Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you. Once we are saved, we are always saved. Our salvation is most definitely eternally secure!

So God lies to Himself ?
Not a chance.
Your POV is what I call the Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak false doctrine.

If one sins. they will be judged for it.
Sad that you have not read the Bible but have the time to talk on an internet forum.

For you to suggest that I said God lies.......is a lie on your part as I never suggested such a thing!

My POV is what the Bible says, no more and no less.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Colossians 1:14
God's Son, Jesus, paid the price for our sins and made us free. Yes, God has forgiven us.

1 John 2:2
He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world

On the cross, Christ paid for every sin the human race have, and will ever commit - starting with Adam’s first sin till the very last sin that will be committed on this planet (1 Peter 3:18). So, Christ died for all humanity, and all past, present and future sins are forgiven (Rom 5:8).

Honestly my friend....how do YOU live with any joy in your life when you believe that you will die and go to hell because you have to be saved every single day.

When we accept Jesus as our Savior, God forgives all our sins: past, present, and future. Forgiveness comes as a total package; God does not forgive us partially but wholly.

The believer in Christ can say, “My future sins are forgiven” for these reasons:

When Jesus died, all of today’s sins were yet future. Jesus did not die only for the sins of people who lived before Him. He died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2), including the sins of those who lived after Him.

If our future sins are not forgiven, then two things must happen:
1) when we sin in the future, we revert to an unforgiven state, meaning we lose our salvation and must be saved again, and

2) Christ must die again to cover the sins we’ve committed since His last death. Neither of these scenarios is biblical. We are kept by God, and thus our salvation is secure (John 10:28–30); and Christ died “once for all” (Hebrews 10:10; cf. Hebrews 7:25).

From the cross, Jesus said, “It is finished!” (John 19:30). No other sacrifice would ever be needed. Sin—all sin—had been atoned.

God’s purpose, which cannot be thwarted, is that His children be made perfect: “Those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:29–30). Note that all of God’s actions are in the past tense, as if they had already happened.

“We have been justified through faith” (Romans 5:1). When God justifies us, He declares us to be righteous. We still sin, but God’s declaration stands. The fact of our justification argues for the fact that our future sins are forgiven.

“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). Nothing, not even our future sins, will condemn us. The verdict of “forgiven in Christ” has already been handed down from the divine bench.

READ THE BOOK!

YOU don't have to be a sinner any more.
God gave us everything we need to remain obedient to Him.
Even rebirth from God's seed.
That is true my friend. He gave us everything in Christ for us to be obidient.
That is not in question.

The arguemnt from me is simply......YOU CAN NOT KEEP THE LAW SO AS TO BE OBEDIENT!

Again.....READ THE BOOK my friend in Romans 3:20-24

"For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are."

Eccl 7:20.........
There is not a just man upon earth, that does good and sinneth not;' nay, that sins not in doing good.'

Romans 7:18........
" To will is present with me, but how to perform I find not.' In the Greek it is, How to do it thoroughly I find not.'

So then, why has God
Why does God permit such an inability in man to keep the law?

He does it:....
(1) To humble us. Man is a self-exalting creature; and if he has but anything of worth, he is ready to be puffed up; but when he comes to see his deficiencies and failings, and how far short he comes of the holiness and perfection which God's law requires, it pulls down the plumes of his pride, and lays them in the dust; he weeps over his inability; he blushes over his leprous spots; he says with Job, I abhor myself in dust and ashes.'

(2) God lets this inability be upon us, that we may have recourse to Christ to obtain pardon for our defects, and to sprinkle our best duties with his blood. When a man sees that he owes perfect obedience to the law, but has nothing to pay, it makes him flee to Christ to be his friend, and answer for him all the demands of the law, and set him free in the court of justice.

Catholic false teachings.

Bible teaching....."Believe upon the Lord Jeus and you shall be saved"!
Believe alone?

Better read scripture!

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believe what?
Whatever you please?
Its defined in Romans 10
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.f =>Joel 2:32

Believe what?
Whatever you please?
Acts 16:31
"Believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!"

Romans 10:9 says,
“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

I am not surprised that you did not know about those Scriptures.

Believe alone?

Better read scripture!

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Great suggestion.....you need to follow your own preaching!

In order to be saved, you need to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s the great message of Scripture. Jesus is the Savior. He has come to do all that needs doing for sinners to be reconciled with God. We have to trust Him, rest in Him, and have confidence in Him—that is faith.

NOT in the Church but in Jesus Christ for there is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12)

THe source of truth is found in the Bible. The truth of God’s Word also holds sanctifying power for the believer.

God desires His followers to be people of the truth (Ephesians 4:25). He loves those who tell the truth and detests those who lie (Proverbs 12:22; 6:16–19). The Lord underscores the importance of truth by presenting us with “the belt of truth” as the first piece of our spiritual armor (Ephesians 6:10–17). The rest of our armor is held secure when the truth is wrapped around us. Otherwise, we are defenseless against the lies of our adversary, the devil, who is the father of lies (John 8:44).

The Bible is our only source of information about Jesus and about all of those things we embrace as elements of our faith. Of course, if the Bible isn’t true, then professing Christians are in serious trouble.

I believe the Bible is true. I believe it is the Word of God. As Jesus Himself declared of the Scripture, “Your word is truth.” But why am I persuaded that the Bible is the truth?

Agreed.
Except.....

As I've said, IF two Christians have an opposing belief --- then something other than the bible MUST BE SOURCED.
There must be a way of knowing what the biblical writers believed when it SEEMS that they are not in agreement with each other or when Christians come to different conclusions when reading the exact same scripture.

We need to ask a broader question first. How do we know that anything is true? We’re asking a technical question in epistemology. How do we test claims of truth?

Bingo!
This is what I've been asking.
Let's see what you reply.

There is a certain kind of truth that we test through observation, experimentation, eyewitness, examination, and scientific evidence. As far as the history of Jesus is concerned, as far as we know any history, we want to check the stories of Scripture using those means by which historical evidence can be tested—through archaeology, for example.

To be quite honest Rodger, I believe the NT even if the house of Peter was never found in Capernum, even if the city of Jericho (which was denied to even exist) was never found, and even if the resurrection cannot be imperially proven.

Second, we want to test the claims of truth through the test of rationality. Is it logically consistent, or does it speak with a “forked tongue”?

You kicked ratinality out when you told me I couldn't believe that Mary was born without the sin nature.
It makes PERFECT SENSE,,,,but you deny it.

I posted support for believing she was born sinless - but you still deny it.

The Rresurrection makes no sense at all. Humanly speaking.

So maybe we should keep common sense out of this.
My belief in Mary being sinless is not from common sense (although it does make sense) but from sources that claim she was that were close to the period of time that she lived.

We examine the content of Scripture to see if it is coherent. That’s another test of truth. One of the most astonishing things, of course, is that the Bible has literally thousands of testable historical prophecies, cases in which events were clearly foretold, and both the foretelling and the fulfillment are a matter of historical record. The very dimension of the sheer fulfillment of prophecy of the Old Testament Scriptures should be enough to convince anyone that we are dealing with a supernatural piece of literature.
Agreed.

Agreed.
Except.....

As I've said, IF two Christians have an opposing belief --- then something other than the bible MUST BE SOURCED.
There must be a way of knowing what the biblical writers believed when it SEEMS that they are not in agreement with each other or when Christians come to different conclusions when reading the exact same scripture.

Bingo!
This is what I've been asking.
Let's see what you reply.

To be quite honest Rodger, I believe the NT even if the house of Peter was never found in Capernum, even if the city of Jericho (which was denied to even exist) was never found, and even if the resurrection cannot be imperially proven.

You kicked ratinality out when you told me I couldn't believe that Mary was born without the sin nature.

My belief in Mary being sinless is not from common sense (although it does make sense) but from sources that claim she was that were close to the period of time that she lived.

Agreed.

Second, we want to test the claims of truth through the test of rationality. Is it logically consistent, or does it speak with a “forked tongue”?

We examine the content of Scripture to see if it is coherent. That’s another test of truth. One of the most astonishing things, of course, is that the Bible has literally thousands of testable historical prophecies, cases in which events were clearly foretold, and both the foretelling and the fulfillment are a matter of historical record. The very dimension of the sheer fulfillment of prophecy of the Old Testament Scriptures should be enough to convince anyone that we are dealing with a supernatural piece of literature.
I never said that I needed anything other that FAITH to be a believer.

Rationality has nothing to do with the sinlessness of Mary. It has everything to do with the rejection of the written Word of God and your belief in the false teachings of men.

I never said that you COULD not believe in the sinlessness of Mary. If I did say "YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE, please post that # for me.

I will say again....THe Immaculate Conception of Mary IS NOT FOUND ANYWHERE OR IS IT SUGGESSTED IN THE BIBLE!

You are free to believe whatever you want to.

Common sense also has nothing to do with it.

I see that you refuse to discuss our differences on a one at a time basis.
Pick one and we'll go from there.
All of your responces are based on Pentecostal false teachings and not the Word of God.
For which of my items do you need to see the basis of my belief ?
I encourage you to READ the Bible instead of following false teachers.
And I encourage you to obey God, instead of following any man-made doctrines.
If and when you do you will understand that when people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure.
That is a lie, as I know of many that have fallen away.
Ananias and Sapphira, for starters.
To be clear, salvation is more than saying a prayer or “making a decision” for Christ; salvation is a sovereign act of God whereby an unregenerate sinner is washed, renewed, and born again by the Holy Spirit (John 3:3; Titus 3:5).
As actual salvation won't be granted until the day of judgement, a better description may be "conversion".
When salvation occurs, God gives the forgiven sinner a new heart and puts a new spirit within him (Ezekiel 36:26). The Spirit will cause the saved person to walk in obedience to God’s Word (Ezekiel 36:26–27; James 2:26). Numerous passages of Scripture declare the fact that, as an act of God, salvation is secure:
Yes, so why do you not believe my posts ?
Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you. Once we are saved, we are always saved. Our salvation is most definitely eternally secure!
It is the same God that will never allow us to be tempted above what we are able to handle.
It is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

I never said that I needed anything other that FAITH to be a believer.

Rationality has nothing to do with the sinlessness of Mary. It has everything to do with the rejection of the written Word of God and your belief in the false teachings of men.

I never said that you COULD not believe in the sinlessness of Mary. If I did say "YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE, please post that # for me.

I will say again....THe Immaculate Conception of Mary IS NOT FOUND ANYWHERE OR IS IT SUGGESSTED IN THE BIBLE!

You are free to believe whatever you want to.

Common sense also has nothing to do with it.
OK
And that ends our conversation....
Of which you totally missed the point.
But no matter.
God bless you.

Sad that you have not read the Bible but have the time to talk on an internet forum.
I have time for both, thanks be to God.
For you to suggest that I said God lies.......is a lie on your part as I never suggested such a thing!
You said, that God sees sinners as clean people.
That is a lie.
He sees them exactly as they are.
My POV is what the Bible says, no more and no less.
I am beginning to doubt that more with each of your posts.
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Colossians 1:14
God's Son, Jesus, paid the price for our sins and made us free. Yes, God has forgiven us.
1 John 2:2
He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world
Amen.
Plus He can keep us free from sinning !
On the cross, Christ paid for every sin the human race have, and will ever commit
That is not true.
To be forgiven a man must repent of sin and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE REMISSION OF PAST SINS.
And still, he must remain faithful until the end.
- starting with Adam’s first sin till the very last sin that will be committed on this planet (1 Peter 3:18). So, Christ died for all humanity, and all past, present and future sins are forgiven (Rom 5:8).
Forgiveness is available to those who will do God's will...only.
Honestly my friend....how do YOU live with any joy in your life when you believe that you will die and go to hell because you have to be saved every single day.
My conversion occurred fifteen years ago.
And, thankfully, God has provided for all my needs since then.
I have remained faithfully true to Him this far, and see no reason to betray him like sinners do.
When we accept Jesus as our Savior, God forgives all our sins: past, present, and future. Forgiveness comes as a total package; God does not forgive us partially but wholly.
See above.
The believer in Christ can say, “My future sins are forgiven” for these reasons:
Be more precise.
As only real believers are actually "IN CHRIST", and there sin no sin in Christ, real believers must be without sin !
When Jesus died, all of today’s sins were yet future. Jesus did not die only for the sins of people who lived before Him. He died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2), including the sins of those who lived after Him.
That is not true.
If our future sins are not forgiven, then two things must happen:
1) when we sin in the future, we revert to an unforgiven state, meaning we lose our salvation and must be saved again, and
If you sin in the future, it shows both that your first repentance from sin was a lie to God, and that you are not reborn of God's incorruptible seed.
You were a poser.
2) Christ must die again to cover the sins we’ve committed since His last death. Neither of these scenarios is biblical. We are kept by God, and thus our salvation is secure (John 10:28–30); and Christ died “once for all” (Hebrews 10:10; cf. Hebrews 7:25).
Those who offend God are not kept by God and the only judgement they will get will come when their names are NOT found in the book of life.
From the cross, Jesus said, “It is finished!” (John 19:30). No other sacrifice would ever be needed. Sin—all sin—had been atoned.
Wrong.
Only those sins repented of by REAL believers WILL BE forgiven at their baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
The sins of the unbelievers will never be forgiven.
God’s purpose, which cannot be thwarted, is that His children be made perfect:
Perfect does include, free from sin.
“Those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,
Those in the image of His Son are sinlessly perfect.
that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:29–30). Note that all of God’s actions are in the past tense, as if they had already happened.
His action of yore an only be embraced by the truly repentant.
“We have been justified through faith” (Romans 5:1). When God justifies us, He declares us to be righteous. We still sin, but God’s declaration stands. The fact of our justification argues for the fact that our future sins are forgiven.
If you still sin, you are still a child of the devil.
It is written..."He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, " (1 John 3:8-10)
“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). Nothing, not even our future sins, will condemn us. The verdict of “forgiven in Christ” has already been handed down from the divine bench.
No sinner is IN Jesus Christ.
READ THE BOOK!
OBEY GOD 1

That is true my friend. He gave us everything in Christ for us to be obedient.
That is not in question.

The arguemnt from me is simply......YOU CAN NOT KEEP THE LAW SO AS TO BE OBEDIENT!
You are trying to believe two conflicting POVs.
Either He gave us everything we need to remain faithful, or He didn't.
The only "law" Christians are under is this...Love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength: and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Again.....READ THE BOOK my friend in Romans 3:20-24
For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are."
Thank God we can be reborn of His seed after the old man is destroyed at its "immersion" into Christ and His death.
We are dead to the Law !

The only "law" Christians are under is this...Love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength: and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Thank God we can be reborn of His seed after the old man is destroyed at its "immersion" into Christ and His death.
We are dead to the Law !
I certainly received the gift of righteousness and God's precious Holy Spirit, but alas, I, like the apostle Paul, still find that in me (that is, in my fleshly nature), dwells no good thing. One question for you though... Does your wife (if you have one) think that your sinful nature is eradicated?

I am actually pleased to see that you are obviously someone who takes your Christian faith seriously and want to know and walk in the truth.

As you believe that crucifixion means eradication, do you not find it strange that the Bible says:

‘Our old man was crucified with Him’ (Rom 6:6) YET we are still told to ‘put off… the old man, which IS corrupt according to the deceitful lusts.’

(Eph 4:22) If the old man is eradicated and doesn’t exist, why are believers told to put him off? And why does it say that the old man IS corrupt (present tense) if he doesn’t exist anymore in Christians?

‘And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.’ (Gal 5:24) YET in the same chapter we are told that there is a daily battle going on within the believer where ‘the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.’ (Gal 5:16)

If the flesh has been crucified (which in your understanding would mean that it is eradicated and doesn’t exist) then why is there still this on going battle with the Spirit against that which has been crucified and eradicated? Clearly co-crucifixion does not mean eradication!

Now although we have already spent long on this matter, there is a further thing that may help to make it clearer to YOU.

The Scriptures declare that we are “dead indeed”, but nowhere do they say that we are dead in ourselves. We shall look in vain to find death within; that is just the place where it is not to be found. We are dead not in ourselves but in Christ.

We were crucified with Him because we were in Him… As we stand steadfastly on the ground of what Christ is, we find that all that is true of Him is becoming experimentally true in us. If instead we come onto the ground of what we are in ourselves we will find that all that is true of the old nature remains true of us. If we get there in faith we have everything; if we return back here we find nothing. So often we go to the wrong place to find the death of self. It is in Christ. We have only to look within to find we are very much alive to sin; but when we look over there to the Lord, God sees to it that death works here but that “newness of life” is ours also. We are “alive unto God” (Rom. 6:4,11).

In another book Paul writes about the error of believing that the sinful nature has been eradicated stating in Romans 6.........

Let us note carefully that though the flesh may be so put to death that it becomes "ineffective" (the real meaning of "destroy" in Rom. 6.6), it endures nonetheless.

It is a great error to consider the flesh eradicated from us and to conclude that the nature of sin is completely annihilated. Such false teaching leads people astray as it has done to YOU. Regenerated life does not alter the flesh; co-crucifixion does not extinguish the flesh; the indwelling Holy Spirit does not render it impossible to walk by the flesh. The flesh with its fleshly nature abides perpetually in the believer.

Whenever opportunity is provided for its operation, it at once will spring into action. Until such time as we are freed physically from this body we shall not be able to be so delivered from the flesh that no more possibility of its activity exists.

Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh. There is absolutely no eradication of it until this body corrupted from Adam is transformed. Our body is not yet redeemed (Rom. 8.23); it waits for redemption at the return of the Lord Jesus (I Cor. 15.22, 23, 42-44, 51-56; 1 Thess. 4.14-18; Phil. 3.20-21). As long as we are in the body, therefore, we must be alert daily lest the flesh break forth with its wicked deeds.

In like manner, Lewis Sperry Chafer, founder of Dallas Theological Seminary, writes from 1 John 1:8-10 in his book ‘He that is spiritual’ about the error of believing that the sinful nature is eradicated –

“In 1 John 1:8,10 we have clear warning against any presumption concerning sin. First, Christians are warned against saying that they have no sin nature: "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." This is distinctly concerning the sin nature of the Christian and has no application whatever to the unsaved. It is addressed to believers, and to all believers. It will not do to suppose that reference is made in the passage to some unfortunate, unenlightened, or unsanctified class of Christians. There is no class distinction here. It is the testimony of the Spirit of God with reference to every born-again person. For any such to say that he has no sin nature means that the person is self-deceived and the truth is not in him. This passage is evidently intended for "correction" to those Christians who are claiming to be free from the sin nature and who may have made themselves believe that they are free. A self-satisfied mind is not necessarily the mind of God . . . . The source of sin is, then, the sin nature rather than the new divine nature…”.

‘Our old man is crucified… that the body of sin might be destroyed’ (Rom 6:6) YET Paul, speaking as a Christian could also say that ‘sin…dwelleth in me. For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing.’ (Rom 7:16)

Why would Paul say that sin (not acts but the nature there of) dwells in him, and in him dwelleth no good thing if he thought that the sinful nature was eradicated?

Would you, like Paul, agree that in you dwelleth no good thing?

To my way of thinking, you have confused that which is true of us ‘in Christ’ and that which is true in and of ourselves. The fact that God has placed us ‘in Christ’ and has crucified our old man in Him doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist anymore in us. Death, as you yourself said, means separation. When we die physically it is a separation of our soul/spirit from our body.

The 2nd death mentioned in Revelation is eternal separation from God. The truth of Romans 6 is that we have been separated from the power of the sinful nature because of our union with Christ in His death and resurrection. As we reckon upon this spiritual fact, God makes it true in our experience through His life that indwells us. But we have to abide in Christ for we are separated from the power of the sinful nature in Him – not in us! In us, as Paul found out and expressed in Romans 7, that same nature still dwells. Watchman Nee, wrote a book on the truths of Romans 6-8 called ‘The Normal Christian life’. I’m sure you have heard of it as it is highly regarded and seen as a classic on the subject of our crucifixion with Christ.’ Yet he was very clear in the book however that the old man, the sinful nature, is not dead in ourselves!

We are dead to the Law !
My friend, this is the 3rd time you have out and out told an untruth.

You said....
You said, that God sees sinners as clean people.

NO I did not! WHY would you continue to do this???? You again broke the commandments of God!!!!

God can not even look upon sin. WHat I said was that when we stand before God, He will see the BLLOD applied to our souls.

I am not going to respond to the rest of your post.

Back