Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nick

Any thoughts on this game? Anyone played it yet? I've seen people play it and it looks awesome! The first CoD I got was World at War, so this will be my first modern warfare CoD and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting it for Christmas.

However, I have heard that there is a mission in which you are a Russian terrorist and you have to massacre innocent civillians. Anyone know any more about thhis? Is there any context for this? I have heard that on the newer Australian releases it's been cut out.

Hmmm...:chin

A couple of friends of mine have it, say it's brilliant. Yes, there is a section where you are a terrorist and storm an airport, but - at least in the UK version - you can skip that bit if you want to.

Have you played the first Modern Warfare? It's awesome. :)

Thanks for your response. :)

Yes, I played CoD 4 at a friend's house, multiplayer. World at War was the first CoD I actually owned.

Definently one of the best games out there right now.

The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is phemoninal. The Campaign storyline is horrible though, the gameplay is still fun in it though. The Multiplayer is really good too.

7ruth said:
Definently one of the best games out there right now.

The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is phemoninal. The Campaign storyline is horrible though, the gameplay is still fun in it though. The Multiplayer is really good too.
Truth, I've just merged your post into this older thread about CoD4 2, as there is no point having two threads about the same thing.

Oh alright I understand.

One of my favorite things in this game are the costumizable kill streaks. Remember in Call of Duty World at War, how you would get recon plane, then artillery, then dogs? Well, in Modern Warfare 2 there are a number of killstreaks you can choose.

One of the most amazing killstreaks is the predator missle. While the missle is in the air, you actually get to move it and control it, as seen here.

Another awsome killstreak is the AC130. The AC130 is just amazing, to say the least. Like the predator missle, you are controling it. You are one of the gunners in an AC130 flying in the distance, and you rain down hell on your enemies.

There are so much more killstreaks but I'll just leave it at that.

Also there are so much cooler guns and perks and attachments.

Also if you get a 25 killstreak you get a nuclear warhead. It kills everyone and everything on the map, and it ends the game and give victory to the team who activated it.

No dogs though, sorry. I think Stealth bombers, Pave lows, and Harriers amke up for it ;)

7ruth said:
Also if you get a 25 killstreak you get a nuclear warhead. It kills everyone and everything on the map, and it ends the game and give victory to the team who activated it.

No dogs though, sorry. I think Stealth bombers, Pave lows, and Harriers amke up for it ;)
Yeah, true! :lol

Can't wait for this nuclear warhead...problem is it isn't easy getting a 25 kill streak.

Yeah Im not really good at it, I have never even got close too it really. Its really cool when someone gets it though, a ten second countdown begins and when it runs out you just see a massive explosion out in the distance and everyone just gets blown away. I've been playing multiplayer for about a month now and only have seen three nukes, so yeah its hard to get.

I'm not awesome either, but I'm not too bad. Perhaps I'll play with reallly bad players so I can get it! :lol :tongue

Today I realized I have a gift with sniping in this game.

46 kills, 9 deaths
32 kills, 2 death
24, 10
36, 15

:)

:)

My brother loves sniping. It gets really annoying when we both get snipers and have sniper wars! :lol

Yeah I love snipers lol.

And I just had my best round yesterday.....

45 kills, 2 deaths, 30 kills in a row ;)

I would've got a tactical nuke, but I haven't unlocked it yet.

What happened was I got a care-package after 4 kills with my M16. Inside my care-package was the controls to the CHOPPER GUNNER, and I just absolutly obliterated with that. Unfortunatly the kills you get from a care-package item dont count towards your overall killstreak, so I had to keep fighting. Then I plugged 3 more guys with my M16, and got my HARRIER STRIKE, and the Harrier did work on them. The Harrier got about 10 more kills which made me unlock my AC130, and it was a massacre :approve

7ruth said:
Yeah I love snipers lol.

And I just had my best round yesterday.....

45 kills, 2 deaths, 30 kills in a row ;)

I would've got a tactical nuke, but I haven't unlocked it yet.

What happened was I got a care-package after 4 kills with my M16. Inside my care-package was the controls to the CHOPPER GUNNER, and I just absolutly obliterated with that. Unfortunatly the kills you get from a care-package item dont count towards your overall killstreak, so I had to keep fighting. Then I plugged 3 more guys with my M16, and got my HARRIER STRIKE, and the Harrier did work on them. The Harrier got about 10 more kills which made me unlock my AC130, and it was a massacre :approve
NIce workk! :). Tell me when you unlock the nuke. :biggrin

Unfortunately I still have not been able to buy MW2 as the price is still at $120. I haven't seen it below $100, so I'll have to wait a bit for the price to go down. There's no way I'm paying that much for it, no matter how good it is. I refused to be ripped off. ;) :biggrin

You've got to be kidding me! Lol 100$?!?!?!?!? :crazy

Holy crap lol I didn't know that :chair

I have a good friend then lol he sold it to me for 50$ :armed

7ruth said:
You've got to be kidding me! Lol 100$?!?!?!?!? :crazy

Holy crap lol I didn't know that :chair

I have a good friend then lol he sold it to me for 50$ :armed
$100 Australian is about $90 US. Things are more expensive here also. We're used to it but it's annoying to see it cheaper overseas. *sigh*

But it is one of the most expensive games. Most are around $80.

Wow you guys are paying two much, I just picked it up a few days ago, I live in Canada and I only paid $75 CDN.

RCC DUDE said:
Wow you guys are paying two much, I just picked it up a few days ago, I live in Canada and I only paid $75 CDN.
with the currency conversion we're not paying that much more than you, but we still get ripped off. It's because the goods have to travel a longer way to get here, and we have a smaller market.

RCC DUDE said:
What platform? It's only $60 at Future Shop for the PC version (sorry Nick ;) ).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back