Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvinism: A Denial that "Jesus is Lord"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A limited atonement means that the devil has won, and that Jesus is not Lord.

Jesus by his own words claims to be the savior of the whole world, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47.

This is very serious simply because, "No man can say Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Spirit" 1 Corinthians 12:3. To say that Jesus only made a limited atonement is to say that Jesus is NOT Lord. Jesus did not come into the world to make a deal with the devil by only atoning for some sins, If you cannot say that Jesus is Lord because he is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, then you do not have the holy Spirit and you are not his.

To say or believe that "Jesus is Lord" is to say and believe that Jesus has victoriously overcome sin, death and the devil. And that by his mighty works he has victoriously reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Be very careful about what you say, because by your words you will be saved or condemned,

"And having spoiled principalities and powers (Satan's domain) he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

Proof that Jesus is Lord and has defeated sin, death and the devil is that Jesus now sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. It is because of the work of Christ that Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. So that "Whosoever that shall call on the name shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You cannot be a Christian and deny that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. If you deny that Jesus is the savior of the whole world you are denying that Jesus is Lord. A Lord is one that has control over his domain. Jesus plainly claims that he has victoriously overcome sin, death and the devil. Some will say, "All things remain the same" Jesus will return to claim those whom he has bought. Will you be one of them?

Uhm no,it means God choose those who he saves.

I'm not reformed by my church is this is akin to the reformed saying the arminists believe in universalism .

Uhm no,it means God choose those who he saves.

I'm not reformed by my church is this is akin to the reformed saying the arminists believe in universalism .
Believing that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is NOT universalism. Universalists believe that everyone will be saved regardless of what they believe. The Bible teaches that only those that have faith in Christ will be saved, Galatians 3:2.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. God is no respecter of anyone's person, Acts 10:34.

Back