Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Calvinism defined

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Glad to hear that.
Let me rephrase my last post...
"It seems that according to Calvin's doctrine, He does need folks to preach to the unregenerated.
Even though He has picked out random people for salvation, they still need someone to tell them how lucky they are !
You do not understand.

Also, it is not Calvin's doctrine.

God the Lord Jesus Christ taught these truths.

The Doctrines of Grace are found from the beginning to end in His written word.

ou do not understand.
Also, it is not Calvin's doctrine.
God the Lord Jesus Christ taught these truths.
The Doctrines of Grace are found from the beginning to end in His written word.
God's gracefulness has been written of since Noah found grace.

You have me confused though, with earlier posts.
You wrote..."Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to keep all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
They need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Lord's elect come from the unregenerated.
God needs no one."
You say "they need to hear the gospel", than say "God needs no one".
Doesn't He need someone to do that preaching ?.

God's gracefulness has been written of since Noah found grace.

You have me confused though, with earlier posts.
You wrote..."Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to keep all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
They need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Lord's elect come from the unregenerated.
God needs no one."
You say "they need to hear the gospel", than say "God needs no one".
Doesn't He need someone to do that preaching ?.
Does He really need anyone?

God ordains the end as well as the means.

I am trying to understand you, but I cannot.

Does He really need anyone?
God ordains the end as well as the means.
I am trying to understand you, but I cannot.
It is written..."How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Rom 10:14)

If God does everything, why does He need preachers ?

It is written..."How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Rom 10:14)

Part of His plan.

Why doesnt God save anyone?

Why not send us all to hell?

From your posts, I will assume you do not believe God is sovereign.

Faith cometh by hearing. (Rom 10:17)
It is based on biblical teaching.
What's that go to do with God being in need of people? God doesn't need people for anything. God may choose to use people for "X" and "Y" but He does not NEED anyone. No one can add to an immutable God.
  • Job 22:2 “Can a vigorous man be of use to God, Or a wise man be useful to himself? 3 “Is it any pleasure or joy to the Almighty that you are righteous? Or is it of benefit to Him that you make your ways perfect? Romans 11:34-35;
  • Job 41:11 Who has first given to Me, that I should repay him? Whatever is under the whole heavens is Mine.
  • Acts 17:24 The God Who produced and formed the world and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade shrines. 25 Neither is He served by human hands, as though He lacked anything, for it is He Himself Who gives life and breath and all things to all [people].
  • Job 35:7 “If you are righteous, what do you give God, Or what does He receive from your hand? 8 “Your wickedness affects only a man such as you, And your righteousness affects only a son of man [but it cannot affect God, who is sovereign]

What's that go to do with God being in need of people? God doesn't need people for anything. God may choose to use people for "X" and "Y" but He does not NEED anyone. No one can add to an immutable God.
  • Job 22:2 “Can a vigorous man be of use to God, Or a wise man be useful to himself? 3 “Is it any pleasure or joy to the Almighty that you are righteous? Or is it of benefit to Him that you make your ways perfect? Romans 11:34-35;
  • Job 41:11 Who has first given to Me, that I should repay him? Whatever is under the whole heavens is Mine.
  • Acts 17:24 The God Who produced and formed the world and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade shrines. 25 Neither is He served by human hands, as though He lacked anything, for it is He Himself Who gives life and breath and all things to all [people].
  • Job 35:7 “If you are righteous, what do you give God, Or what does He receive from your hand? 8 “Your wickedness affects only a man such as you, And your righteousness affects only a son of man [but it cannot affect God, who is sovereign]
Has God brought faith without hearing from a preacher ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back