Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvinism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
G

Hey guys, I have just uploaded a series of lectures on Calvinism onto Google Video. I need some feed back. I was hoping some of you could find some time to listen to these lectures then give me some critical analysis.
I would appreciate honest criticism. Don't be afraid to unload your thoughts!
There are two pages of lectures. Pick one that interests you or listen to them all. Thanks.
Here is the link:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=calvinism&hl=en

Oh, you might also want to check out this lecture as well. Here is the link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... cism&hl=en

Yes,
I posted frequently at the 5 solas over a year ago.

Sola Scriptura: Scripture alone

Solus Christus: Christ-Centered Faith

Sola Gratia:The Gospel

Sola Fide: (Faith Alone)

Soli Deo Gloria: God-Centered Worship

RED BEETLE said:
Yes,
I posted frequently at the 5 solas over a year ago.

Hi red beetle,

And your postscript (Evangelicals and Catholics together? What do Protestants. . . )? How long have you worn this badge?

blessings: stranger

stranger said:
Hi red beetle,

And your postscript (Evangelicals and Catholics together? What do Protestants. . . )? How long have you worn this badge?

It is a basic principle in logic known as the Law of non-contradiction.
A Protestant by definition is not catholic, and does not accept any part of catholicism. The two systems start from contrary points.

Sola Scriptura
Red Beetle

RED BEETLE said:
It is a basic principle in logic known as the Law of non-contradiction.
A Protestant by definition is not catholic, and does not accept any part of catholicism. The two systems start from contrary points.

Sola Scriptura
Red Beetle
I'm assuming by catholic, you mean Roman Catholic.

Because, by definition, we ALL should be catholic; one universal Body of Christ. The #1 problem that causes division among the Body is pride, which leads to a whole host of issues like vanity, arrogance, envy, ignorance, etc. What many lack.. and I'm sorry to have to say this, but a good portion of professed Christians lack humility.

I don't believe RED is talking about the epistemological foundation of the word, but it's common use. We do have different starting points, one uses the Bible as it's starting point the other tradition.

~JM~

Vic C. said:

Because, by definition, we ALL should be catholic; one universal Body of Christ. The #1 problem that causes division among the Body is pride, which leads to a whole host of issues like vanity, arrogance, envy, ignorance, etc. What many lack.. and I'm sorry to have to say this, but a good portion of professed Christians lack humility.

Hi Vic,

It is difficult to 'bow to enter someone else's tent' in humility - let us pray, as many as are able, to be allowed to enter the tent of Shem.*

* 'bowing to enter the tent of Shem' is a thought from benisrael - the burning bush.

i ASked this question on another thread and never got an answer.

What is a hyper calvinst and how does that compare to a 5 point calvinist?

Is there such a thing as a 3 or 4 point calvinst?

Vic C. said:

When I said 'Catholic' I meant Roman Catholic. They are not Christians.

Sola Fide
Red Beetle

Hey guys, I have just uploaded a series of lectures on Calvinism onto Google Video. I need some feed back. I was hoping some of you could find some time to listen to these lectures then give me some critical analysis.
I would appreciate honest criticism. Don't be afraid to unload your thoughts!
There are two pages of lectures. Pick one that interests you or listen to them all. Thanks.
Here is the link:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=calvinism&hl=en

Oh, you might also want to check out this lecture as well. Here is the link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... cism&hl=en

Hey Red, I've enjoyed reading your posts/threads. I would be happy to look over your work, but have no time to listen in front of a computer, or sound for my computer for that matter. Do you have any written transcripts of these lectures that I could print out to read? It would be much more convenient for me to find the time to go over all your lectures if I could read them when I find time, which is usually found while i'm away from the computer.

Dave

Dave... said:
Hey Red, I've enjoyed reading your posts/threads. I would be happy to look over your work, but have no time to listen in front of a computer, or sound for my computer for that matter. Do you have any written transcripts of these lectures that I could print out to read? It would be much more convenient for me to find the time to go over all your lectures if I could read them when I find time, which is usually found while i'm away from the computer.

Dave

Dave,
here is a link to my blog called Beetle-blog:
http://redbeetle.wordpress.com/

You can read some small theological essays and some political essays from a Calvinist perspective.

Sola Fide
Red Beetle

Thanks, I'm printing it out as I write. I also have put "The bondage of the will" on reserve at the public library. They needed to request it from a in state college so it could take a few months.

Dave

Dave,
If you have Windows Media Player, you can download the file and convert it to CD (Media player will reformat the file to the correct media format.) That way you can play it in the car, or at home if you wish.

Back