Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CAN A MAN RAPE HIS WIFE?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As much as an addict chooses to die from nicotine,alcohol and other drugs

Most abused spouses were under a parent was abused .

They saw it as normal and we're never really challenged to change .

And often if it's physically it's also gonna include rape .let's just say I know more on that too.

Most as I said rape victims know their assailants .it's rarely some guy rushing them on the street and raping them .
Oh.
Well I guess if a woman knows her rapist it's ok then.

is that a marriage you're talking about?

Oh.
Well I guess if a woman knows her rapist it's ok then.

is that a marriage you're talking about?
Yes.

My wife's second husband was a horrible man .

He beat his wife ,he Also tried to rape her daughter ,my wife was being beat ,her youngest daughter loaded a 12 guage and aimed it his head and pointed it to the point he felt the barrel and she said you may continue but your head will be in that wall .the choice is yours .

Often rape victims do willingly not report or even leave the guy or gal and stay with them for fear .

Doesn't sound like a marriage to me.
You assume that person's just marry some healthy person then all of a sudden ..

Look I have insight on to this from observation and wondering why women would totally ignore me and say I'm a great guy then go date some drunk idiot and drug user then I would hear they were assisted etc and they would willingly go back again and again

I draw them and I had to wonder why I tend to look for them .

I had jokes .shoot I should start drinking ,lying and beating women and I might actually have a chance .

Yes.

My wife's second husband was a horrible man .

He beat his wife ,he Also tried to rape her daughter ,my wife was being beat ,her youngest daughter loaded a 12 guage and aimed it his head and pointed it to the point he felt the barrel and she said you may continue but your head will be in that wall .the choice is yours .

Often rape victims do willingly not report or even leave the guy or gal and stay with them for fear .
Maybe you could start a thread on marital abuse?

But that's an article about psychotic men. At least some married men actualy treat their wives good and not mistreat them. I thought that was the question, can a married man rape his wife which gave to me the picture of an otherwise good man and husband.

I feel sorry for women, the pickings for a husband must be very sparse. Half the men are gay and most the others are psychotic or drunks. Theres, 7 decent guys left in the world now?! Lol.

That persons article only said 1 in 4 men. or 1 in 3 women and such like that, but it did not differentiate between married or not.

Maybe you could start a thread on marital abuse?

That idiot did that over thirty years ago .I suspect there are others who post here that know this and don't post .

I guess it's not common knowledge of how a person winds up in these places

It's a learned behavior that must be broke .few if ever actually break the cycle .

You're talking about something totally different.
No I'm not
My sister in all three cases ( bf raped her twice ) never pressed charges .

She went back to the mental faculty . With the first case it was too late the. Others she was founded walking nude on Wickham road.thr second time he was able to find her and assault her again .

No court date ever for this .I would beings the oldest would remember.this event made me to this day hate alcohol!

When you are raped you must testify orally or written your account and be challenged by the defense ,your lying ,,your character is challenged.

Most don't want to go through that

I understood you.
A husband cannot rape his wife.
I guess it depends what a person understands rape to be. To me it's extreme violence and violation of a person's body. Fear and terror are a part of this vicious act.
Husbands can and do rape their wives. Rape is violent sexual assault and has nothing to do with marriage. My wife (now retired) took care of a number of women who had been sexually assaulted by their husbands, i.e., raped by them.

Last edited:
Rape is a serious, vicious act.
Please do not trivialize this criminal act.
I am not trivializing anything.
How is comparing domestic rape with domestic violence which often ends in murder, trivializing it?

I consider spousal rape as serious as murder, which is why I advocate the death penalty for it.

(You're going to tell a woman how she should feel about being raped?! Lol!) Good luck with that.
You cannot tell anyone how to "feel" about anything.
BUT - to not feel extreme anger and hurt would be a problematic response; according to what I have read on psychology and sex therapy.
Can a husband who is not otherwise abusive to his Wife in any way, he doesn't beat her, doesn't drink, doesn't cheat, loves his wife...That guy. If he comes to her seeking intimacy and she is being difficult for some womanly reason but is not otherwise sick or anything, so he has his way with her. She has said no but when he does anyway she bodily complys and he does not hurt her or beat her. Is that rape? By a husband?
YES.
No of course not. I admit, I was married for 26 years and I can remember several times over the years that I have done that very thing. She did not call the police on me or bring charges against me because I never abused her. How bad was it for her if she stayed with me for 26 years?
I have lived with my wife for 45 years and due to bad teaching and childhood sexual abuse, have gone for years at times with no sexual contact; even been called all kinds of nasty things for even hinting that I wanted it. But even with that I never forced her to do anything.

I am not trivializing anything.
How is comparing domestic rape with domestic violence which often ends in murder, trivializing it?

I consider spousal rape as serious as murder, which is why I advocate the death penalty for it.
I respect your opinion DDW.
But, as I've said, I don't believe a HUSBAND can rape A WIFE.
A husband and wife means something specific.
God meant something specific when He made Eve for Adam.
A husband and wife goes beyond even living together...two persons living together are NOT
a husband and a wife.

To me marriage is what God intended. A husband is what God intended. A wife is what God intended.
I said early on that if a husband can rape his WIFE, it means there's no real marriage or they're not really married, (the marriage is a sham were my words).

I don't think that's what this thread is about.
The question was simple:
Can a husband (a man) rape a wife?
The answer is NO.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

You cannot tell anyone how to "feel" about anything.
BUT - to not feel extreme anger and hurt would be a problematic response; according to what I have read on psychology and sex therapy.

YES.

I have lived with my wife for 45 years and due to bad teaching and childhood sexual abuse, have gone for years at times with no sexual contact; even been called all kinds of nasty things for even hinting that I wanted it. But even with that I never forced her to do anything.
I don't know why personalizing this has anything to do with the question of the OP.
If you had forced your wife somewhat...
would you call that rape?

If so, I repeat, you don't understand what rape is.

To me marriage is what God intended. A husband is what God intended. A wife is what God intended.
I see the problem. You are defining "marriage" in a different way.

I define it as a man and a woman who have made a covenant together. I would like to say "before GOD," but I see atheist, other religions, and secular marriages as legitimate as a proper Christian marriage.

Defintion if no consent:

Not sober
Not of legal age
Not of sound mind( autism and or not legally able to make decisions )
Sleeping .
They say no or by other means they don't consent .a rape victim might night say no but doesn't resist over fear .

Back