Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Can a person accept Christ as their saviour?

Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Eze 36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

Psa 65:4 Blessed [is the man whom] thou choosest, and causest to approach [unto thee, that] he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, [even] of thy holy temple.

The work is Gods, the grace is Gods the faith is Gods. No one accepts Christ. He chooses us and causes us to approach him so that we may dwell with him. He cleans us gives us a new heart a new spirit to walk in his ways.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. - Faith is the only way to please God, those in the flesh cannot please God, only by faith and FAITH IS A GIFT OF GOD. So it is GODS work in us that causes us to believe and be saved. Not a decision we make.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The carnal mind is emnity against GOD, it does not accept CHrist or seek God or choose to believe of it self.

We are not given grace firt as many assume and then we believe. We only have access to His grace through faith. One gets no grace until they first have faith and that faith is a gift of God.He changes us.

Joe67 said:
The younger, "prodigal," son had already received the earnest of his inheritance, before he went into all the world to preach the gospel to all nations.

When "the end" came for him he was feeding swine ( split hoof/no chewing of the cud ) preaching the doctrines of a single sided sword under the authority of another "man", who thought he was going to go to heaven, and sit on the sides of the north, and be like the Most High. This left him empty inside and hungry for the two-edged sword of truth, to be justified and sanctified by blood, and to serve as a priest on this earth for the "thousand years" of darkness, "like an evening past."

Then God returned his senses; even as God has promised to return us to our land ( the simplicity of Christ ) from our north country ( Babylonian worship of Christ through free will and immortality of soul). We will not hear the call to leave Babylon ( the north country ) until our "senses" are returned and we see that we are feeding swine, and that to be a "servant" in our Father's house is "better" than swine service. Then we will serve in the temple of the new Jerusalem come down from God by the Spirit given unto the Body of Christ, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Then we will serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter; as we remain "dead" to human wisdom, the tree of knowledge. Then God, the Father, will be "all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:28. The gospel of God's resurrected Son is then subject to the Father's eternal purpose in election, the double-edged truth of God in Christ. See 2 John 9. We are GIVEN to BOTH believe and to suffer in behalf of Christ. Philippians 1:29.

Only when we are "humiliated" with Jesus Christ, in the end of our service, are we given a "heart" to understand this in our inner parts. Then we will halt on our thigh as Jacob, after we have seen the angels and wrestled at the little flowing water way. When we are "humiliated" by weakness in our reproductive part, the thigh, then our name will be changed from "supplanter" to "overcomer" by the very angel who brought us weakness.

Joe

22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

Back