Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Can there be a revival?

I was reading a Chick book and it was saying how there could be a revival for the nation. Basically I want to know:

-Can this happen now?
- if there's a revival, will the Second Coming of Christ be "held back"?
- Why doesn't God allow a revival to happen NOW?
- Meanwhile, should Christians be cautious of this country since our beliefs are being thrown away by evil doers and the government? I don't want to live in a country that can hurt me for my beliefs.

I was reading a Chick book and it was saying how there could be a revival for the nation. Basically I want to know:

-Can this happen now?
- if there's a revival, will the Second Coming of Christ be "held back"?
- Why doesn't God allow a revival to happen NOW?
- Meanwhile, should Christians be cautious of this country since our beliefs are being thrown away by evil doers and the government? I don't want to live in a country that can hurt me for my beliefs.

1. I believe revival can happen now based on 2 Chronicles 7:14: 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2. There's a lot of different views on the 2nd Coming so don't be surprised if someone sees it differently than me. I don't see that it would hold back the 2nd Coming, rather, I believe it can usher it in. One of the dynamics that genuine revival releases is the spreading of the gospel. Jesus said in Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come (emphasis mine).
One perspective is that revival will spread the gospel message to all nations ushering in the Second Coming.

3.. God is ready to release revival but He is waiting for us to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face and turn from our wicked ways.

4. Christians should be sober and alert, however, we shouldn't be surprised or scared if persecution comes. The church has always thrived in times of persecution.

Christian beliefs are being stepped on all across the world. ( another sign that the end is approaching ) In the Middle East and other parts of the world Christians are literally being killed for their beliefs. One thing we as Christians need to remember, regardless of what actions the world takes against us, they cannot drain the contents of the heart.

Matthew 10
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revivals can happen anytime anywhere. It all rests upon the Will of God.

As for the Second Coming. I don't believe there is anything we can do to "hold back" or "hasten" that event.

1. I believe revival can happen now based on 2 Chronicles 7:14: 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2. There's a lot of different views on the 2nd Coming so don't be surprised if someone sees it differently than me. I don't see that it would hold back the 2nd Coming, rather, I believe it can usher it in. One of the dynamics that genuine revival releases is the spreading of the gospel. Jesus said in Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come (emphasis mine).
One perspective is that revival will spread the gospel message to all nations ushering in the Second Coming.

3.. God is ready to release revival but He is waiting for us to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face and turn from our wicked ways.

4. Christians should be sober and alert, however, we shouldn't be surprised or scared if persecution comes. The church has always thrived in times of persecution.

You're absolutely right. It's up to us to call on God in a time like this. Thank you. Very good scriptures too. Appreciate it.

Christian beliefs are being stepped on all across the world. ( another sign that the end is approaching ) In the Middle East and other parts of the world Christians are literally being killed for their beliefs. One thing we as Christians need to remember, regardless of what actions the world takes against us, they cannot drain the contents of the heart.

Matthew 10
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revivals can happen anytime anywhere. It all rests upon the Will of God.

As for the Second Coming. I don't believe there is anything we can do to "hold back" or "hasten" that event.
Pretty much! It's all about patience.

Andrew sole my scripture :missyou

Andrew sole my scripture :missyou

Absolutely. I know it's up to us to ask for it, but i don't know how many people it takes to call on Christ in order for it to happen.

It starts with you and me: with our Bible reading and prayer life. And its measure of success doesn't depend on what unbelievers think of prayer and Bible study, but on what God thinks of it.

Back