Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Catholicism is making me suicidal

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thank you for all your kind comments. The situation has now regained some stability. The Devil has indeed played absolute havoc with my mind, so all my previous comments in this thread must be taken with a large pinch of salt. Somehow I 'snapped out of it' this morning and decided to go to communion, after which I felt a great sense of peace and contentment and things returned to normal. It seems that the Devil likes to take something you love dearly and turn it against you so that you absolutely hate it. Had he got his way, I would have left the church, turned from God, and ultimately ended my life as well. That's how bad it can get.

That is so great to hear and God be the glory. When we can recognize it is Satan messing with us like you came to realize then we can begin to strengthen our relationship and faith in Christ as we draw closer to Him. Hope you will continue to be a part of our family here as we all grow together. :)

I don't know that average Christians, untrained about it, are adequate to address suicidal inclinations. All we can do is pray and offer advice.

It's only when we have been through the same situation as another is when we understand where they are coming from and how to address the issue by how we learned to overcome. Many say they know how you feel, but they really can not as each one of us has different feelings that are unlike anothers even if they are going through the same thing.

Others do defiantly need to pray for God's guidance for that person as there is power in prayer as God works through those to help another in need, especially if they have gone through the same thing.

Thank you for all your kind comments. The situation has now regained some stability. The Devil has indeed played absolute havoc with my mind, so all my previous comments in this thread must be taken with a large pinch of salt. Somehow I 'snapped out of it' this morning and decided to go to communion, after which I felt a great sense of peace and contentment and things returned to normal. It seems that the Devil likes to take something you love dearly and turn it against you so that you absolutely hate it. Had he got his way, I would have left the church, turned from God, and ultimately ended my life as well. That's how bad it can get.

I am glad to hear that things are going better for you.

I would like to encourage you to be sure the cause of this whole situation is being properly dealt with or it is bound to return. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Be sure to read The Holy Bible daily and pray that God will guide you and help you effectively fight against spiritual enemies.

Take care, Padster.

I still proclaim some sort of victory on Padster' s behalf, and insight of those who drew on similar things in their life, whatever...

Like Tessa said - PADSTER WON THE BATTLE!

( Lord won it for him, prayers and advice helped, whatever )

Hello,
Personal medical circumstances have caused severe problems with my Catholic faith, and I now see that the dogmas and doctrines of the Church are so impossible to follow that many Catholics simply ignore them in order to remain Catholic whilst also living a normal, happy life. Something is very wrong indeed at the heart of the Catholic faith when ignorance becomes the mainstay of belief. My experiences over the past six years have been utterly horrible, Catholicism spreading like a toxic poison to ruin any relationship I might have had with God. The situation I am in has become so completely irreconcilable that I cannot see a way out other than suicide. Before you recoil with horror, I need to tell you this to show you just how devastating the Catholic Magisterium can be to a person's emotional and mental well-being. Those who fall foul of it are forced between a rock and a hard place, and are faced with a choice, leave the Church or stay in it and pretend you are 'whole'. I cannot stress how truly disgusting this Magisterium is, because when confronted with a case like mine, the priests move the goal posts and utter a word called 'scrupulosity'. This neatly absolves them of responsibility for creating such dogmas in the first place, or of the need to change any of them.

The Catholic Church is rotten to the core if it can cause people to be so unhappy with themselves that they consider suicide.
I understand how religion makes you feel crazy. We all need meaning and purpose in life, and when we get it from people who assume they know what's best for everyone else, then we destroy our own unique identity.

This is why I cannot accept religious dogma, because those types of hypocrites love to tell us how to be free if we will only listen to them. That's not freedom, that's enslavement, that's giving up on doing your own thinking.

I understand how religion makes you feel crazy. We all need meaning and purpose in life, and when we get it from people who assume they know what's best for everyone else, then we destroy our own unique identity.

This is why I cannot accept religious dogma, because those types of hypocrites love to tell us how to be free if we will only listen to them. That's not freedom, that's enslavement, that's giving up on doing your own thinking.

Latin root word for religion is bondage, which is different then that of Gods pure religion of James 1:27, but that of following tradition and the doctrine of a mans church, not Gods true Church. The Latin root word is religare as re is a prefix that means return and ligare means to bind. Religion tells you what you can and cannot do and becomes socially acceptable by mans interpretations, traditions and doctrines. Religion is what nailed Christ to the cross because the Bible is not socially acceptable to society, if it were then Christ would have died in vain. God is not about mans religion, nor does he recognize organized religion. God is about a personal relationship with you and His son Jesus Christ.

It's our own carnal thinking and logic that stands in the way of truly knowing who God and His Son Jesus are as many prefer to follow man and what they say instead of following Jesus who is the way, the truth and the life as no one can come to the Father, but by Jesus alone. That's why we have to be Spiritually born again from above by God's Holy Spirit who indwells the believers as we come to Christ by God's grace through faith as we elieve in Him and not man.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back