Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Chrislam?

th1b.taylor

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } --> </style> I am slow at times and from time to time I need the help of friends like Jeff Mills to catch up. The following link was sought out by me because of a heads up from Jeff. About Jesus    Steve Sweetman

Now I paste the alert from Jeff because with the Worlds, a.k.a. lost men, use of the Matt. 7:1 passage. This passage, jerked out of context does read just as they propose, right up until you follow logic and gather it into itś proper context where we are taught to, indeed, judge people... by the same standard we wish to be judged by. I have oft been assailed for my use of the name, Rick Warren in connection with his leading the charge in the One World Church movement and in fact will. very likely, be banned from at least one ¨Christian¨ website for posting this message... just so the Moderator know´s, I remember but it is the Only Holy God that I serve and none other.

I forward this onto you because this movement has caught on in a bg way across the USA., Pastor Rich warren and Bill Hybells are behind this as well.

Be warned! This is the end-time apostasy church.

Jeff Mills
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Subject: God Has No Sons
To: "Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@gold.pobox.com

www.stevesweetman.com

Listen to my audio blog - 7 minutes long
Islam - Chrislam - Israel

Listen Now

God Has No Sons

If your neighbour was a devout Muslim, could you be his friend? I could. If your Muslim neighbour invited you to join him in worship to Allah, would you accept his invitation? I would not.

Chrislam, a new religious movement to North America began in Africa during the 1980's. This movement seeks to find common ground between Islam and Christianity. Beyond finding common ground, Chrislam seeks to bring Christians and Muslims together in one common worship service. Both Muslims and Christians are seen worshipping the Almighty of their choice in one gathering. The end goal of Chrislam is to unite these two religions into one, but is this really possible when the fundamental belief systems of Christianity and Islam are light years apart?

There are a number of things stated in the Koran that should disturb Christians. One particular reoccurring phrase that appears in the Koran is "God has no sons". God having no sons is fundamental to Islam. God having a Son is fundamental to Christianity.

John 1:1 and 2 state, "in the beginning was the Word, (Jesus) and the Word was with God and the Word was God". John 1:10 states, "He (Jesus) was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him". This passage, along with other passages, states that God came to earth in human form which the world failed to recognize. John 3:16 calls this human form "the Son of God". It's not that people don't recognize the existence of Jesus in history, because they do. When people saw Jesus walking the shores of the Jordan River, they recognized Him as Jesus. What people failed to acknowledge back then and still fail to acknowledge today, and that includes Muslims, is that Jesus is the "Son of God".

Beyond God having one very special Son, the Bible teaches that He has many adopted sons. John 1:12 states that whoever believes in Jesus has been given the right to become a child, or, a son of God. Simply believing that Jesus was a man, or even a prophet, doesn't give anyone the right to be an adopted son of God. Giving yourself to Jesus, the Son of God, does give you the right to become an adopted son of God. The Bible clearly teaches that God has one very special Son and many adopted sons, yet Islam says that God has no sons.

If my neighbour was a devout Muslim, I believe I could be his friend. I would genuinely be interested in hearing how and why he thinks and believes as he does. I'm sure we could spend hours on my back deck talking about these things. That being said, I cannot compromise the truth of the Bible. I would declare to Him that God does have a Son, and without Him he has no access to God, no matter what name you call Him. If he struggles with that and ends the friendship, so be it. I'd stand firm on the truth of Scripture no matter the cost.

If my Muslim neighbour invited me to an Islam, or even a Chrislam, worship service, I would definitely decline. The apostle Paul would have done the same. If you study 1 Corinthians 8 you'll understand Paul's thinking concerning such things. Paul would have no problem eating meat that had been offered to an idol if he was invited to a pagan's home for lunch. He would have been heavily criticized for that, but meat was not the issue for Paul. However, Paul would not eat that same piece of meat in the context of a pagan worship service. He would never participate in any kind of pagan worship to other gods, even if it provided an opportunity to witness for Jesus. He knew the Old Testament command too well to do that. My point is simple. Be a friend to the pagan if at all possible, but never join in worship to his gods.

Many people point out that Paul was often found in dialogue with those of other religions, and that's true. That being said, his intent was not to find common ground with other religions. His intent was to persuade people to forsake their gods, repent, and hand their lives over to the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He was not interested in compromising the gospel for the sake of unity, and neither should we.

Chrislam has it wrong. A Christian cannot unite himself in worship with a Muslim because the Muslim denies the very existence of the God Christians serve, and we would deny Him too if we worshipped with Muslims. Christians worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ as Paul so often called God ( Romans 15:6, 2 Corinthians 1:3 …). If you take God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, out of the equation, you have forsaken the God of the Bible. And, if you know how God felt about Israel participating in pagan worship in Old Testament times, that should make you tremble in your boots. The very thought of worshipping with a Muslim in a Chrislam service should strike your heart with fear.

www.stevesweetman.com

--
Jeff
www.finalharvestministries.net
YouTube - ‪Miracle Healing to my Back‬&rlm;
YouTube - ‪Guatemalan Disaster- Hurricane Agatha.wmv‬&rlm;

Be warned! This is the end-time apostasy church.

I forward this onto you because this movement has caught on in a bg way across the USA., Pastor Rich warren and Bill Hybells are behind this as well.

Chrislam has it wrong. A Christian cannot unite himself in worship with a Muslim because the Muslim denies the very existence of the God Christians serve, and we would deny Him too if we worshipped with Muslims.

Yes Chrislam is very dangerous. And there are popular men trying to support it and make it acceptable.

I remember reading about it here somewhere:

End Time Current Events: 1-2-11–Part 2

Nightmare. I'd heard about this but it doesn't really happen in the UK much, to my knowledge.
Is this happening in a lot of churches in the US?

Is this happening in a lot of churches in the US?

A few weeks back there was this annual day where 50 prominent Churches in the US read from the Quran, yeah it really happened. Chrislam is happening in a small way at the moment, it will increase if popular men support it. But to a real Christian it is obvious that Chrislam is the wrong road to be on.

Its time for our churches to quit worrying about making friends with other religions and worrying about filling the pews.

It is time for our churches to get back to preaching the truth.....and the truth is that Jesus is the only way to the Father.....JESUS is our savior and there is no other.

As an ignorant outsider I don't intend to cause overt offense with my next remark

But I find your hostility to Islam unusual. I mean really Christians and Muslims have ALOT more in common with each other in terms of moral composition than most other religions. Apart from differing ideas of various mythos the ends are nearly identical. The other difference is merely cultural. Jeans and Tees vs Head-scarfs

Both are predominated by patriarchal views.
Extensive similarity on opinions about abortion.
Monotheistic
Abramic
Both extremely hostile to homosexuality.
Both extremely hostile to non-believers.
Both have predominance towards supporting the death penalty.

Pebbles i dont have fancy words. Not intellectual like some folks here. I dont mean this to be an insult but here goes.

For a Christian to embrace Islam would be like you becoming homophobic.

The Spirit or heart of the two religions are 180.

As an ignorant outsider I don't intend to cause overt offense with my next remark

But I find your hostility to Islam unusual. I mean really Christians and Muslims have ALOT more in common with each other in terms of moral composition than most other religions. Apart from differing ideas of various mythos the ends are nearly identical. The other difference is merely cultural. Jeans and Tees vs Head-scarfs

Both are predominated by patriarchal views.
Extensive similarity on opinions about abortion.
Monotheistic
Abramic
Both extremely hostile to homosexuality.
Both extremely hostile to non-believers.
Both have predominance towards supporting the death penalty.

They completely denie each other on whats important, Christ's death and resurrection, we can be exactly simular in all other regards, but if denial that Christ is the Son of God sent by the Father for salvation of men, that whoever beleives in Him will recieve everlasting life and that noone goes to the Father except through the Son then none of our simularities matter. To deny Christ the right hand of the throne where the Father has put Him is to choose death even if your the "goodist human possible"
A saint is a witness to Jesus and for the word of God, our faith is Christ Jesus, its the foundation, with no foundation the house cannot maintain and stand.
Muslim faith in the Quran does not have the Foundation and does not accept it.

Pebbles, when you use the word "mythos" it shows right there what the heart of your misunderstanding is...

You believe this is all made up anyway...so why quibble over the differences? If you truly believed that not only does God exists, but it's eternal life or death if you don't come to Him in truth...then you'd feel differently. You truly would.

As for the OP...it's not just a blending with Islam...there is a lot of blending with Buddhism as well as with a lot of new age thought (and much of "new age" thought is very old gnostic thought). I know in the Evangelical Lutheran Church...the church we came out of...there is a church in San Francisco that worships the "Christ/Sophia"...

I think it follows back to what Pebbles said about the "mythos"...people aren't really believers...not really. They are tailoring religion to meet their own views of how things should be. It's like I often say when speaking with atheists who claim that if one can't answer their every question about God, one is copping out. I say, "If one can answer every question about their god, one is worshiping a made-up god."

When I was growing up I hear this a lot... "Well, MY god isn't like that, MY god...." (fill in the blank...my god loves all people...my god thinks all sex is beautiful...my god doesn't mind the use of drugs....hey, I grew up in the late '60's early 70's very close to San Francisco.)

And, I've no doubt that their god is all they say and more....but I've also no doubt that their god is wholly and completely different from God.

I know it seems from the outside that all we "religious" types are silly...fighting with each other over whose "myths" are more valid...therefore, it would actually be a good thing if we'd just all blend our "myths" together and get along and leave everyone alone.

And, if God didn't exist...I'd agree wholeheartedly. If God didn't exist...

I belong to Christian Muslim Forum - Home Page and I have had a few discussions with good willed Muslims through the years.

While I don't support Chrislam, I do believe that our two religions share enough commonalities that we can dialog peacefully without compromising the values we each hold through our differing faiths.

Am I saying that we should co-worship? Absolutely not. What I am saying is that when two good willed people talk about their differences, it's ok to do so in a non-demeaning way while finding enough common ground to grow a relationship.

What do you think is the common ground between Christianity and Islam?

Or what relationship has Christ with Belial?

I believe the part you missed, was my statement, "Two good willed people".

I work side by side with Muslims on almost a daily basis and have spoken face to face with them many times about God. An old boss I had a few years back was a devout Muslim who actually lived in Dearborn Mi. and we had several talks about God and the common ground we share in our beliefs. Several weeks ago I got into a discussion on Genesis 16 with a Muslim that was at my desk.

There is common ground between our faiths, but you have to look for it, and you have to be willing to show grace toward a fellow human being who like yourself, was created in the image of God.

Not all Muslims are bad people, and not all Muslims are radical Islamists.

I can honestly say I wasn't aware of this, thanks for posting it.

Anyway,
To my mind, it seems that hanging out with, working with, talking to, being friends with a Muslim dude is not an issue. If he's a dude, go for it. The issue seems that at no point should we as Christians stray from our convictions and the truth of the Bible, nor should we pray to their God or allow them to pray to theirs with us, at any point during the friendship.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is common ground between our faiths,
There are half truths in Islam, and that is why we should not follow such beliefs.

I'll agree that not all muslims are bad people, but neither are all Christians, but the point is that Islam teaches hatred towards others.

We are seen as infidels, if we do not follow their beliefs.

I understand what you are saying Frustrated Forumer,

Again, I'm not promoting Chrislam by any means. However, what I am saying is that there are many area's in our faith that line up, and we can use them as building blocks, and possibly, God willing they will see the beauty in Christianity and see Jesus as much more than a prophet.

Do both faiths believe they came from Abraham? Yes. They derive from Ishmael while we derive from Issac. Again, we have some common ground from which to work off. How we hold ourselves will either repel them, or they will want to know more.

Was Jesus a prophet? Yes, he was a prophet.
Was Jesus more than a prophet? Yes, he was the Son of God.

Both the Muslims and Christians believe that Jesus was a prophet. This is common ground that we can each stand firm on. However, as Christians we also see Jesus as the Son of God, and scripture bears this out. Lord willing, we can share this with those Muslims who have ears to hear. That is to say, "Those that are willing to listen".

The word infidel I have found takes on many different levels, and the more extreme a Muslim is, the more likely he is to be aggressive toward Christians and vice versa.

Just to restate, I work among many muslims, and I've had a good handful of Godly discussions with them. I've yet to get my eyes poked out, nor have I lost my job... That has to count for something.

Perhaps for the very young in Chirst...I'm not a big fan of baby Christians taking on evangelism.

But, once having grown in grace, it is important for evangelism to find some kind of common ground. Paul did so with the Athenians for the sermon on Mars Hill. As a Christian, he could have gone in with a bat and started knocking down all the graven images...but he didn't. He commented on the Athenians love for religion...he commented on the altars that showed their love for thier gods...he knew their love for debate and talking religion...and he used all of these things to preach the good news effectively to them.

In the current politcal climate, it's easy to forget what we're supposed to "do" with Muslims....and that is love them and share the gospel with them. Sounds like Jeff is doing a pretty good job with that.

I believe even as a seasoned Christian, one must ensure that they are wearing 'full armor". This is a situation in which Satan will surely wiggle his way in!

Back