Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

brightfame52

Calvinism Overseer
Calvinism Overseer
Christ applies redemption as well !

The Lord Jesus Christ in His Threefold Mediatorial Character as Priest, prophet and King, makes sure that the Salvation He accomplished for all those He died for, is experienced by them, that is, not only was His blood a bare purchase and then He sets back and offers it, but also by Him as King, He applies it to its subjects to give it effect, to bestow its benefits of grace, they being destined to be conformed into His image, which is their total salvation.

For this cause He was invested with all power in both heaven and earth as per Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give[apply] eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The word power in Matt 28:18 and Jn 17:2 is the greek word exousia:

power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases

a) leave or permission

2) physical and mental power

a) the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises

3) the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)

Jesus made this point very clear, that He has all Power to His [Disciples] at their commission. This was not just to be saying that He has all power, but in and through their witness of the Truth of His death, He would be applying that which He purchased as Priest [His offering of Himself] by His own blood, their salvation.

Christ applies redemption as well cont

In Christ's Threefold Character as Priest, Prophet and King, each plays a role in the salvation of those He died and rose, as their Priest, He offered Himself for them, purchases their liberty, their right to life. Heb 7:27

Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Heb 9:14

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Lk 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Notice, the effect , Jesus said He is to set at liberty those that are bruised, not offer them liberty, not make it possible, but He actually sets them at liberty. Its the same word for send forth

Matt 13:41

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

You see, He is acting as King when He sends forth His Angels, to gather out of His Kingdom !

So He applies as King, His work as Priest, He applies the redemption of His blood that He offered..

He sets or makes them free Jn 8:36

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

The word make means "to set at liberty" from the dominion of sin !

We have seen that as part of His Threefold Character, that as Priest, He has offered Himself as an offering for sin. Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin[A sin offering] for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Now, as Prophet He makes known to those He died for their forgiveness, He publishes it.

One of things He was to do was to give Light to the gentiles. Lk 2:32

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

The word lighten here is the greek word apokalypsis:

a disclosure of truth, instruction

Its a communication of the Knowledge of God to the soul.

The Amplified bible reads :

32 A Light for [a]revelation to the Gentiles [to disclose what was before unknown] and [to bring] praise and honor and glory to Your people Israel.(A)

This was prophesied in the Prophet Isa Isa 42:6

6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

This applied also to the elect Jews as well, He made known to them, The True God.

Jn 17:1-3

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

As Prophet, He made Known the True God to all whom the Father hath given Him, of both jews and gentiles..

This was a result of His shedding of the blood of the New Covenant , it ensured a proper and Spiritual knowledge of God Heb 8:10-11

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

So As Prophet, He Reveals the True God to those He died for.

This revealing also denotes making Known to them The remission of their sins. Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

The word knowledge here is to make known as in Matt 13:11

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

As our Prophet, He makes Known unto us our Salvation in the remission of our sins that came through His shed blood Matt 26:28

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now it has been shown from scripture that Christ as Mediator, plays a Threefold role in the salvation He accomplished by and through His death of the cross, and present sitting on His Throne of Glory. He was the Priest that offered Himself, shed His blood for the sins of all His People, jew or gentile, and He is the Prophet that makes Known this salvation to His People that He died for, and finally, He is the Great King that applies and give effect to this salvation to all that He died. He applies His Salvation by sending the work of the Spirit unto each one He died for, that He [The Holy Spirit] will quicken them with New Life, that He would work in them to both will and to do of His good pleasure.

This is why it is immediately said upon His ascension to the Throne, that He received from the Father, as a reward for His cross work] the Holy Ghost Acts 2:33

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The Holy Ghost is the promise given to Christ that He may shed forth upon all His seed.

This is spoken of in Isa 44:1-3

1 Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Also alluding to this at the ascension of Christ and He having received in order to give gifts to men is Eph 4:8-11

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

The Holy Spirit embodies all the gifts needed for the completion and application of Christ redeeming work, and this is as King, having conquered, that He sends Him [The Holy Spirit] forth. It is the Holy Spirit whom Christ sheds or pours forth that regenerates and renews all those Christ died for, this is taught here Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Note, the word gifts in Eph 4:8 is the greek word doma, and its the same word used for gifts in Lk 11:13

when speaking of the giving of the Holy Spirit :

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

And thats what King Jesus applies or sheds forth to His redeemed Church !52

All the Mediatorial Offices of Christ are essential, not one of them can be neglected. The Office of King can be supposed to supersede that of Prophet and Priest, as it could be supposed that Prophet and Priest could supersede that of King, for it would be meaningless to speak of applying what has not been procured or purchased, but even more senseless to speak of procuring or purchasing what would not be applied, by the Purchaser.

The Lord Jesus Christ in His Threefold Mediatorial Character as Priest, prophet and King, makes sure that the Salvation He accomplished for all those He died for, is experienced by them,

Jesus Christ‘s blood was shed for the world.

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

That’s who His blood was shed for, the whole world.

The way we experience the salvation He paid for is to believe what He Himself did on the cross.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Otherwise if believing wasn’t required to be saved, then the whole world would automatically be saved, which is what the doctrine of Universal Salvation teaches.

Are you teaching that the whole world is saved because Jesus died for the sins of the world?

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

JLB

He sets or makes them free Jn 8:36

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

The word make means "to set at liberty" from the dominion of sin !

If we read the context it shows us the condition He establishes for becoming free.

Here is John 8:36 in context —

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”
Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:31-36

The condition —

• If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

The promise —

• Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Summary —

Abiding or continuing to remain in His word, (His teaching, His message, His doctrine) is how we will become His disciples indeed, and then we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.

We must know the truth and the truth shall make us free.

JLB

Last edited:
If we read the context it shows us the condition He establishes for becoming free.

Here is John 8:36 in context —

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”
Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:31-36

The condition —

• If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

The promise —

Summary —

Abiding or continuing to remain in His word, (His teaching, His message, His doctrine) is how we will become His disciples indeed, and then we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.

JLB
The context doesnt change anything, men must be made free from sin sir ! The context provides the scenary for that truth to be stated by Jesus,

The context doesnt change anything, men must be made free from sin sir ! The context provides the scenary for that truth to be stated by Jesus,

The context illustrates the condition by which men become His disciples indeed and are therefore made free.

The condition —

The promise —

Summary —

Question:

• Do you believe the Lord Jesus Christ, just makes us free Sovereignly, without us ever hearing and believing the Gospel; without knowing the truth, or abiding in His doctrine?

JLB

The context illustrates the condition by which men become His disciples indeed and are therefore made free.

The condition —

The promise —

Summary —

Question:

• Do you believe the Lord Jesus Christ, just makes us free Sovereignly, without us ever hearing and believing the Gospel; without knowing the truth, or abiding in His doctrine?

JLB
In the context it states Jesus makes people free. He does that by His redeeming death !

In the context it states Jesus makes people free. He does that by His redeeming death !

Please point out where it says redeeming death in this passage.

I don’t see it.

JLB

Please point out where it says redeeming death in this passage.

I don’t see it.

JLB
One cant believe if they are not free from the service of sin and satan. Satan prevents believing because it is he that blinds our minds so we cant believe 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Here, I'll combine what you both are saying.

John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth." - Jesus

His redemption is giving born again believers the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide us into all holiness. Hence, "Holy" Spirit.

Before Christ, the Holy Spirit was "with us", but now he can be "in" us.

John 14:17 "the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him not knows him. But you know him, for he lives "with you" and will be "in you".- Jesus

One cant believe if they are not free from the service of sin and satan. Satan prevents believing because it is he that blinds our minds so we cant believe 2 Cor 4:3-4

You will have to provide scripture, not opinion to validate your claim that “one can’t believe if they are not free from sin”.

The Bible teaches us the way to be saved, and thus free from sin, is to believe.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

• whoever believes in Him should not perish

The way to be saved is to believe.

I have asked you repeatedly to provide a scripture that says we are saved before we hear and believe the Gospel.

You have not done so.

Why?

JLB

You will have to provide scripture, not opinion to validate your claim that “one can’t believe if they are not free from sin”.

The Bible teaches us the way to be saved, and thus free from sin, is to believe.

• whoever believes in Him should not perish

The way to be saved is to believe.

I have asked you repeatedly to provide a scripture that says we are saved before we hear and believe the Gospel.

You have not done so.

Why?

JLB
I have given scripture. I cant believe you said that !

I have given scripture. I cant believe you said that !
Yes, you give scripture but also make it to conform to what you have been indoctrinated in by Calvinist teachings on their doctrine of election which comes against the truth that sets us free from sin and death. What JLB has been giving you with scripture is not hard to understand.

Here, I'll combine what you both are saying.

John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth." - Jesus

His redemption is giving born again believers the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide us into all holiness. Hence, "Holy" Spirit.

Before Christ, the Holy Spirit was "with us", but now he can be "in" us.

John 14:17 "the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him not knows him. But you know him, for he lives "with you" and will be "in you".- Jesus
Very simply put, thank you. If people would only believe that which has already been written as God gave to the Prophets and Apostles to write.

The word accomplish :

to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish:

complete, fulfill; execute, effect

This thread is about What Christ accomplished, performed , effected by His Covenant Death. He put the Blessings of it into force as in Heb 9:17

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The ESV For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive.

This is what Daniel prophesied when He wrote, The Covenant shall be confirmed with Many ! Dan 9:27

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The word confirm here means :

to confirm, give strength

2) to confirm (a covenant)

Now as a result or consequence of this accomplishment by the blood of Christ [ Matt 26:28;Heb 13:20], the following shall occur to the Heirs of the Covenant

He [Christ the Risen Mediator of the Covenant] shall open blind eyes, that is to give spiritual sight. Isa 42:6-7

6I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes,
to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Amen, this is an accomplishment of the death of Christ, to open up blind eyes, Spiritually Blind.

Remember when Jesus said stated in Jn 9:39 one of His purposes for coming ? Lets read vs39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

This was mainly for the Gentiles, because many in Israel boasted that they could see, they would say, we have moses, we be circumcised and we keep the law. But the point is, because of His death, His blood of the Covenant, many shall be given sight by Him.

Paul was used in this respect Acts 26:17-18

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

You see that ? Paul was an instrument in the Hand of Christ in confirming the Covenant to many, to open their eyes spiritually.

Jesus Himself states that His death shall bear fruit !

John 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus here is saying that His death would effect or produce results, that by it, all men will be drawn to Him, meaning shall believe in Him for Salvation.

The all men here does not mean all without exception, but all without distinction, both jews and gentiles alike see vs 20

In the original the word men does not appear, so it reads, will draw all[pas] unto me.

The All, is all types of races of men, and I believe its the all that the Father gave Him as Per Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The reason why He is speaking about all types or races of men is because, as the Seed of Abraham [ Gal 3:16] He will draw, convert all of Abraham's promised Children to Him. Remember when God told Abraham, that A Father of Many Nations He had made him in Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Well Jesus death as the seed of Abraham would accomplish the gathering in of Abraham's seed from all Nations.

That word in Gen 17:5 for nations is the hebrew word gowy :

nation, people

a) nation, people

1) usually of non-Hebrew people

2) of descendants of Abraham

3) of Israel

And the word is also translated gentiles as here:

Isa 11:10

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 42:1,6

1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;[Thats because the Gentiles were included in the Abrahamic Covenant in Gen 17:5]

Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

All this was in regards to God's Covenant with Abraham, that He was made a Father of Many Nations, and in doing so, He would multiply his seed. Gen 17:2,7

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

This establishes the fact, that what God said to Abraham in vs 5, had to do with His Covenantal Promises to Him.

That this matter related to Justification is clearly brought to the forefront by Paul here Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Also, the word for nations in Gen 17:5, also is translated heathen as here Ps 102:15

15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

These heathen would be Abraham's seed among the Nations or the Gentiles that were part of the Covenant to Abraham.

Now, I am presenting this, so we can understand why Jesus spake of His death as the means by which He would draw all unto Him. Not all as in all men without exception, but all without distinction, of the seed of Abraham from among the Gentile Nations.

So we see Jesus Himself making the claim that if He be Lifted up, meaning His death, that He would cause or draw all to Himself, all types of People. The word draw is the greek word helkō and means:

to draw, drag off

2) metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

It means to lead by an inward power ! And what is this Power ? Lets look at Zech 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Yes, thats right, the Power is the Holy Spirit of God, which is given in the New Birth, it is He which leads men unto Faith in Christ.

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

In the Day of Christ's Power, His People shall be made willing, that is the Day when His Spirit is sent to them to give them New Life, To convince them of Sin Jn 16:8-10.

Its in this day that the word of God Preached to them comes with the Holy Ghost and so with Power 1 Thess 1:5

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Believing, and Hope comes through the Power of the Holy Ghost Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

That word power is the greek word dynamis and means:

strength power, ability

a) inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth

b) power for performing miracles

c) moral power and excellence of soul

You see, this is needed because by nature, the elect of God are without strength Rom 5:6

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

So Christ by dying, He provides the strength that His People need by supplying them with the Holy Ghost in their New Birth, and He , the Holy Ghost leads Them into all Truth Jn 16:13, and of course in doing so, He guides them to Christ who is The Truth Jn 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So you see, the lifting up of Christ upon the cross, His death, produced the effect of the work of The Holy Ghost. Remember after His ascension, it is stated that He received of His Father the Promise of the Holy Ghost Acts 2:33

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Why do you think He received of the Holy Ghost ? Because of the results He was to effect in all the People He died for, whom He was lifted up in behalf of. Thats what they heard and saw on the day of Pentecost when souls were made alive and desired to be instructed in the things of God, They were being drawn to Christ, to believe in Him. This I say is an accomplishment of Christ death. Jn 12:32

That we might Live through Him !

If anything short of life everlasting is the result or outcome of Christ coming into the world for those He died for, then God's Purpose for Him coming has failed. Also His Love has failed.

1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us[Believers or Sheep], because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

In other words, John is stating the Purpose and intent of God in sending into this world, His Only Begotten Son, it was in order that, Life everlasting would be effectually communicated unto us, and that we may live Spiritually through Him. It is similar to when Jesus said of His Sheep Jn 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Now both of these scriptures have one thing in common, the word That. The word that is the greek conjunction hina:

that, in order that, so that

This word when used in conjunction with the subjunctive mood, is not expressing uncertainty, but Purpose, God Himself fulfilling the conditions for the intended purpose to come into fruition.

The results therefore is that all for whom Christ came to die for, receive Life, both spiritual and eternal. Notice Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

All Christ died for will receive a New Birth, a New Life.

This is what Jesus meant in Jn 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The fruit is Life Eternal Jn 4:36

And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

The eternal life, the Spiritual Life of all those Christ came and died for, are His wages for His work.

Back