Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian Fiction? Author suggestions?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

shfam

I've read Karen Kingsbury and Francine Rivers books.

Are there any christian fiction authors you've read or books that you love?

I immediately thought of Rivers when I saw your thread. The Mark of the Lion trilogy was probably my favorite set of books! Have you read it?

I also really love a series by Lynn Austin called "Chronical of the Kings". There are 5 books in this series wrapped around King Hezekiah.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I'm typically not drawn to female authors, and it's quite ironic that these are among my favorite authors. My favorite genre is biblical fiction where the authors draw on scripture to write their stories. :yes

I LOVED the Mark of the Lion series. Such a beautiful story of sacrificial love.
I also loved her book "Redeeming Love". That was one of my favorite books ever. It was another unconditional love story. I just bought her Lineage of Grace book so we'll see how that goes. She's written a "Sons of Encouragement" series. Have you read those?

I do like biblical fiction too.

I'll have to check out Lynn Austin. Thanks for the referral.

I read the "Sons of Encouragement" series, and I loved it too! I only wish they were full blown novels, because they went by too quickly. She's a very talented author!

I actually emailed France Rivers once because I was so moved by her work. She replied right away, thanked me, and told me about the obstacles Christian authors are up against in finding publishers willing to make the investment. She's very humble.

I think the Mark of the Lion series is fantastic.

I've read a few Frank Peretti books. Most of which I enjoyed. From him my favorites are Monster and The Visitation.

Should we post summaries?

There is a new Christian author out there. His books are not super theological or Christian. They just have a really good moral to them and are wholesome. So far he has done fantasy genre books. I think it is really great since so much out there is ultra dark right now. His are more allegorical like C.S. Lewis' Narnia. I think it is fun for teens and young adults especially though it is a great read for all ages (I am 34 afterall LOL).

The series is called Treasures of Darkness Treasures of Light by Geno Allen. It is up on Amazon as an eBook only at the moment. I really think it is a hit waiting to happen.

I like Frank Peretti but I still think This Present Darkness is his best and all of it is a bit too scary for me LOL.

Francine Rivers is good. The Love Comes Softly series too by Oke is great.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back