Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Christian Militancy

Fixed it Bill. Thanks for the heads up.
Shhhhh! The bald headed old fool is still rolling on the floor. Watch him, he might need to be resuscitated when he's done with the excess reaction.

All is cool, I just loved it, I must have spent three minutes finding the link I did not bother with. You just awoke me from my slumber.

nevermind. Lewis, ya should have titled this thread differently. fighting satan with carnal weapons is what is being talked about not the idea of self-defense by some.

:clap :woot3Now Jason you should get like a million likes for this one !! Now that is spot on !! Praise God and Thank You Jason :clap:thumbsup

:clap :woot3Now Jason you should get like a million likes for this one !! Now that is spot on !! Praise God and Thank You Jason :clap:thumbsup
Jim,
This is Lewis' thread making that comment from both of you rude. Just because somebody wants to drive another man's conversation where he never wanted it to go does not make one bright!

Jim,
This is Lewis' thread making that comment from both of you rude. Just because somebody wants to drive another man's conversation where he never wanted it to go does not make one bright!

To Mr. Taylor and Lewis,
I am sorry if you feeI I did anything wrong and I ask you to forgive me.
What I did was simple..........I was reading the thread and I saw this that Jason said ((fighting satan with carnal weapons is what is being talked about not the idea of self-defense by some.))
So I said Jason should get 30 likes for that......simply because it was truth and I was not coming against Lewis or His thread....Well so I had thought.
Again I apologize
Jim

To Mr. Taylor and Lewis,
What I did was simple..........I was reading the thread and I saw this that Jason said ((fighting satan with carnal weapons is what is being talked about not the idea of self-defense by some.))
So I said Jason should get 30 likes for that......simply because it was truth and I was not coming against Lewis or His thread....Well so I had thought.
Again I apologize
Jim
Jim,
Many posters, including myself, tend to forget the subject matter and to run rabbits. We have all done this but I sure my7 brother, Lewis appreciates the apology. May God bless your efforts.

there was confusion on the part of the op and what was being discussed. since I saw after my diabtribe with gary and what was been talked about. I posted what was the intent of the thread and also what we were discussing. to take the bible to support something it doesn't address fully and use scripture is a bit much. the bible if one is to read it for what it is doesn't condone nor damn self-defense.

the idea of the smiting of the cheek is the ancient concept of an insult. I can be insulted and not be physically harmed. that isn't defending my self in that situation.
the idea of the living by the sword and the context of what and why that said is not for saying being in a soldier's uniform is wrong but to take land from a country that was never a threat and in the act of conquest is wrong. do that and you shall reap the sword. history is replete of that.

Diatribe? Really?

And here I thought we were just talking.
diatribe at first. it was in a debate manner. you didn't see that? we all are so used to debating that we often do it without even knowing it here. I know I have.

diatribe at first. it was in a debate manner. you didn't see that? we all are so used to debating that we often do it without even knowing it here. I know I have.
di·a·tribe
ˈdīəˌtrīb/
noun
noun: diatribe; plural noun: diatribes
a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
"a diatribe against the Roman Catholic Church"
synonyms: tirade, harangue, onslaught, attack, polemic, denunciation, broadside, fulmination, condemnation, censure, criticism;

To Mr. Taylor and Lewis,
Again I apologize
Jim
It's cool over the years I have been fried on this board for some of my topics

Back