Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Church of England “Explores Gender Neutral God”

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Actually, unless you are a Mormon, God does not have a gender. We default to calling "Him", but no gender can wholly encompass the reality of our Creator.

God is a pure spirit, which means that He has no physical body. God is neither male nor female, neither masculine nor feminine. God has no gender. Human beings and animals have gender since we do not reproduce asexually. Males and females need their counterpart in order to reproduce. Men and women complement one another since neither gender possesses the fullness of humanity. We are incomplete on our own. We need others. God does not need anyone. God is perfect and is the fullness of being.

Actually, unless you are a Mormon, God does not have a gender. We default to calling "Him", but no gender can wholly encompass the reality of our Creator.

God is a pure spirit, which means that He has no physical body. God is neither male nor female, neither masculine nor feminine. God has no gender. Human beings and animals have gender since we do not reproduce asexually. Males and females need their counterpart in order to reproduce. Men and women complement one another since neither gender possesses the fullness of humanity. We are incomplete on our own. We need others. God does not need anyone. God is perfect and is the fullness of being.
you must be aware how many times Jesus refers to God the " Father " ?
I'm curious how you reconcile the above claim with that fact?
I'm guessing the fact that you have not made that reconciliation part of your claim already means you don't have much confidence in making that case.

you must be aware how many times Jesus refers to God the " Father " ?
Yeah, language limits our understanding. God has no gender; gender is a biological and psychological limitation we all have. We speak of God "repenting" but God, being omnipotent sees all the results of His actions and cannot repent anything. I'm guessing the fact that you haven't gotten to that realization means you haven't really spent much time and Bible study understanding the issue.

Yeah, language limits our understanding. God has no gender; gender is a biological and psychological limitation we all have. We speak of God "repenting" but God, being omnipotent sees all the results of His actions and cannot repent anything. I'm guessing the fact that you haven't gotten to that realization means you haven't really spent much time and Bible study understanding the issue.
So in your study of the Bible , if Jesus did not really mean "Father" why did He use the word so repetitively ?

hn 10:15
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

So in your study of the Bible , if Jesus did not really mean "Father" why did He use the word so repetitively ?
For the same reason that the Bible says God repents, when in fact He cannot repent anything. It was the closest word to what an eternal omniscient being feels in such a case. Being a spirit, and having no material body, God has no gender.

Isaiah 49:15 Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.'

Numbers 11:12 'Did I conceive all this people? Did I give them birth, that you should say to me, "Carry them in your bosom, as a nurse carries a nursing child," to the land that you swore to give their fathers?'

God is neither male nor female, but the quality of males and females is derived from God's character. While God describes himself as a woman giving birth and caring for her children, this does not mean that He is female. Nor does calling Him "father" means that he is male.

BTW, while I disagree with Mormons on this issue, I don't wish to characterize anyone as being non-Christians merely for believing that God has a gender..

For me when Jesus says "Father" He means Father.
He could have easily chosen a different word that reflected the truth, if God was not His Father.

BTW, Satan has no human body either , being a spiritual creation.
Yet Jesus refers to him as being a HE & the "FATHER" of those who do his will:

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 8:44
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,"

Why does not Jesus just say " Ye are of the devil, and the lusts of the devil ye will do" if as you say a spirit is neither male or female ?

Why the deliberate use of a term that has no basis in truth ?
Is this a characteristic technique of the Christ that you know.

State the case accurately requires very little effort .
There must be a reason for Jesus using such blatant deception ?

A quick slide into error, false teaching, and, eventually, apostasy is happening to so many denominations right before our eyes.

Continue reading...

It's an indirect attack on not only the Trinity but the entirety of the word of God, IMO. If God the Father supposedly has no gender, it follows that God the Son must not either, which not only effectively places His identity in question but eradicates a whole host of teachings on how the church was His spiritual bride, and multiple teachings in the Old Testament to the effect that Israel was as well.

Woke-ism run completely amok.

He could have easily chosen a different word that reflected the truth, if God was not His Father.

Unchecked Copy Box
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,"

Why does not Jesus just say " Ye are of the devil, and the lusts of the devil ye will do" if as you say a spirit is neither male or female ?

How is an unborn baby referred to?

Unchecked Copy Box

Father is a parent.
A creator.
An authority figure.
A guide.

Father is a parent.
A creator.
An authority figure.
A guide.
And in the case of this Jesus who is the Christ the relationship goes further, much deeper, beyond human understanding.
Jesus says that He and His Father are ONE.
No person who as ever lived, except Jesus, has ever been able to say this in truth.
And no scholar, professor or any person can know exactly what this means to define it .

Jhn 10:30
I and my Father are one.

And in the case of this Jesus who is the Christ the relationship goes further, much deeper, beyond human understanding.
Jesus says that He and His Father are ONE.
No person who as ever lived, except Jesus, has ever been able to say this in truth.
And no scholar, professor or any person can know exactly what this means to define it .

I and my Father are one.
Jesus was with the Father from the beginning.
They are one in nature and substance.

An unborn baby is called a HE because we don't know it he'll be a girl or a boy.
It's not correct to call him an IT...He is not an it, he is a human being.

God is spirit.
God is not a person...He's some kind of being we don't really understand.
So we call this being HE, because, basically, he might not even have a gender.
Who can know?

Jesus also was a HE, so we refer to God in the Trinity as HE.

I was referring to the above - I'm not sure what you're referring to.

That's the issue; we have no adequate word for a relationship to an eternal and omnipotent spirit Who created all things.
Jesus says the Father is a spirit. He says that a spirit has no body. Without a body, a spirit has no gender. Instead of wondering what God might have in anatomical terms, it's better to focus on what the Bible actually tells us about Him.

Since scriptures describes God in both male and female attributes, why not just accept it as it is?

God is spirit.
God is not a person...He's some kind of being we don't really understand.
So we call this being HE, because, basically, he might not even have a gender.
Who can know?
Jesus knows, that's who .
Jesus understands exactly who God is.
He call God " HE".
Not only did Jesus identify God as male , but also defined God as male in terms of a Father /Son relationship.

I and my Father are one.

Jesus knows, that's who .
Jesus understands exactly who God is.
He call God " HE".
Not only did Jesus identify God as male , but also defined God as male in terms of a Father /Son relationship.

I and my Father are one.
So, in keeping with my post to you, you'd agree that we should call an unborn baby IT, when referring to the unborn baby?

That's the issue; we have no adequate word for a relationship to an eternal and omnipotent spirit Who created all things.
Jesus says the Father is a spirit. He says that a spirit has no body. Without a body, a spirit has no gender.
You do not discern what Jesus said and the purpose for which He said it.
Jesus said that God must be worshipped in spirit because He is spirit and so are we .
It sounds as though you do not understand that you are a " spirit " as well .

So, in keeping with my post to you, you'd agree that we should call an unborn baby IT, when referring to the unborn baby?
God the Father never has been an "unborn baby " to the coexistent Son Jesus Christ .
They always have existed.
There never was a time they did not intimately know each other because there has never been a time when they both did not exist .
There was a time when you, me & every baby ever born did not exist .
Not so with God the Father & God the Son.
Jesus knows His Father .

I and my Father are one.

God the Father never has been an "unborn baby " to the coexistent Son Jesus Christ .
They always have existed.
There never was a time they did not intimately know each other because there has never been a time when they both did not exist .
There was a time when you, me & every baby ever born did not exist .
Not so with God the Father & God the Son.
Jesus knows His Father .

I and my Father are one.
Why won't you answer my question?

I didn't say God was an unborn baby.

What I asked you is this:
HOW DO WE REFER TO UNBORN BABIES?

A couple is expecting a baby - or, at least, the wife is -
They're discussing their baby...
How do they refer to the baby?

You do not discern what Jesus said and the purpose for which He said it.
I just explained it to you. You just don't like what He said about it.
Jesus said that God must be worshipped in spirit because He is spirit and so are we .
He also says that God is a spirit. And He says a spirit has no body.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have
Why not just accept what He says about it?
It sounds as though you do not understand that you are a " spirit " as well .
I have a spirit. But being human, I also have a body, and thereby a gender. Gender is a limitation placed on us as created beings. God has no such limitations.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back