Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Church of England “Explores Gender Neutral God”

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is gender neutral as is all spirit beings, however all of them are referred to in the male gender. Spirit beings do not procreate, hence making them gender neutral.
Yes. exactly so. I don't see how an obsession with pronouns makes things any more clear here; they have no gender, even if we might use "he" as a default for such spirits.

You think God cannot assume the form of a burning bush, a column of fire, or a man, if it suits His purposes?

That God assumes these forms is not a limitation on Him in any way.
You think God cannot assume the form of a burning bush, a column of fire, or a man, if it suits His purposes?

...... God has no body, and no gender.
If it suits His purpose what would prevent God from assuming the form of a body ?
You don't know your scripture very well.

Exo 33:23
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

If it suits His purpose what would prevent God from assuming the form of a body ?
I just showed you that He does. That doesn't mean that He has a body or a gender.

Luke 24:39 See my hands and feet, that it is I myself; handle, and see: for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as you see me to have.

You don't know your scripture very well.

Yes. exactly so. I don't see how an obsession with pronouns makes things any more clear here; they have no gender, even if we might use "he" as a default for such spirits.
Why not refer to Jesus as zhe,zyr,person born from one parent ?

That's where this goes.

And Mary ,wait can't say her or mother as well that's a gender ,Mary was the parent of God .

God the Father told Moses not only does He have hands and a face, but that Moses would be allowed to see other parts of His body :
I would rather take Jesus' word for it. Sorry. God may assume whatever appearance He chooses, but that is not His body. As Jesus says, a spirit has no body. And absent a body, one cannot have gender.

But Mary, for all her favored status with God, is not God.
Doesnt make your point

She has a son not an it ,not a spirit .the church of England believes in gay marriage and ordains gays.
Look I know an Anglican who is ordained from the African Anglican bishop .they have basically said no to all this .

Son implies a gender and we are assuming a gender for a human being .did we ask Jesus his pronouns? Mary hers?

Martha? Paul ,Peter etc

She has a son not an it ,not a spirit .
Yes. Jesus is both wholly God and wholly man. A mystery, but true. Men have gender which limits them. God does not. Jesus could not have suffered hunger and thirst or suffered on the cross, if He had not accepted the incarnation and became man.

Yes. Jesus is both wholly God and wholly man. A mystery, but true. Men have gender which limits them. God does not. Jesus could not have suffered hunger and thirst or suffered on the cross, if He had not accepted the incarnation and became man.
But you can't pray in his Name or list his sonship or the father in prayers .

That's the problem

I would rather take Jesus' word for it. Sorry. God may assume whatever appearance He chooses, but that is not His body. As Jesus says, a spirit has no body. And absent a body, one cannot have gender.

Jesus knew this scripture and fully endorsed the Word of God being told through Moses .
Exo 33:23
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
===================================================================

Read what Jesus said about those like you who reject the Word of God written by Moses .

Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 16:31
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Read what Jesus said about those like you who reject the Word of God written by Moses .

Luke 16:31

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

You obviously do not understand what Jesus was telling the disciples at that moment & why .

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.

Jesus had just materialized in front of the disciples, in a locked room. out of thin air no less
Write that down.
Having materialized out of thin air of course the disciples were frightened and alarmed at such a supernatural sight .
Jesus was assuring them that He was not a spirit . He was the total package, flesh, bone & SPIRIT.
Write that down.
You are the first person I have ever heard mistake this passage as meaning Jesus confessing He no longer had His spirit.

Jesus had just materialized in front of the disciples, in a locked room. out of thin air no less
So it comes down to whether or not God is capable of moving a body through closed walls . Why would you think He couldn't? Do you actually think He told His disciples things that are not true?
You are the first person I have ever heard mistake this passage as meaning Jesus confessing He no longer had His spirit.
I'm shocked that you'd take that from His words. He has a body. So do you. Do you no longer have a spirit? C'mon. Instead of inventing things you wanted me to say, why not just take scripture as it is?

So it comes down to whether or not God is capable of moving a body through closed walls . Why would you think He couldn't? Do you actually think He told His disciples things that are not true?

I'm shocked that you'd take that from His words. He has a body. So do you. Do you no longer have a spirit? C'mon. Instead of inventing things you wanted me to say, why not just take scripture as it is?
Why then did YOU GIVE the verse of Jesus telling the disciples he was not a spirit as evidence that a spirit cannot have a body?
Would you like to recalculate/reconfigure your interpretation of Luke 24:39 as it came from your own keypad ?
Is it all coming into focus now ?
Your proof of spirits being incapable of having a body
Let me help Here it is again:

I just explained it to you. You just don't like what He said about it.

He says a spirit has no body.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have
Why not just accept what He says about it?
I am not at all shocked that you would now be running away from such a claim as fast as you can.

Why then did YOU GIVE the verse of Jesus telling the disciples he was not a spirit as evidence that a spirit cannot have a body?
He is a man, and He has a spirit. He said...
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have

I am not at all shocked that you would now be running away from such a claim as fast as you can.
Jesus said it. And I fully support what He said. Find a way to accept it yourself.

Would you like to recalculate/reconfigure your interpretation of Luke 24:39 as it came from your own keypad ?
Is it all coming into focus now ?
Your proof of spirits being incapable of having a body
Let me help Here it is again:

He is a man, and He has a spirit. He said...

Jesus said it. And I fully support what He said. Find a way to accept it yourself.
I never had any doubt that Jesus verified Spirit has flesh and bones.
Still puzzled why you offered Luke 24:39 as proof that a Spirit does not have a body ?
I take it you are now pretending not to remember doing that ?

Barbarian said:
"He says a spirit has no body."

I would pretend to forget doing that myself at this point, if I were you .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back