Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Clean and Unclean Meats - Mark 7:19

RND

Clean and Unclean Meats - Mark 7:19

On another board the discussion about Mark 7:19 and Leviticus 11 came up and became quite heated. Why is it so difficult to get otherwise well-meaning Christians to understand what Jews, Messianics and Seventh-day Adventist's understand is the truth about Mark 7:19?

Christian's vehemently (in some cases) defend their interpretation of Mark 7:19 with the same type of gyrations they use to defend keeping Sunday as opposed to Sabbath. Yet, they fail to realize that they can never reveal the truth of the Gospel and it's true meaning to the "Jews" (loosely used) by insisting that God removed all Mosaic laws.

In discussing this topic I was privy to find a number of Messianic based teachings and lessons that were extremely level headed and factually correct. I have included a few here for your perusal.

I can not understand why something that seems so obvious to me and so easily understandable is lost on so many otherwise decent, loving and caring Christians.

David.

www.bethmessiah.com/topic9.htm

www.judaismvschristianity.com/pronounce_foods_clean.htm

www.messianic.ws/kashrut.htm

Jesus declared all foods clean

Why are you guys perpetually stuck in the OT

The Bible as a WHOLE should be taken seriously. With neither the OT or NT being neglected. Just my oppinion.

JohnMuise said:
My opinion is BACON RULES and nothing anyone says will change that, lol

Lol, bacon is good. Will not argue with that. In terms of the subject at hand..... I do believe myself that with the coming of the New Testament and in accordance with the scipture of the NT that much of the once unclean meats were permitted for us to eat.

How various religions respond to this is really fascinating seeing as from my understanding, though I could be wrong, most Jewish people only base their beliefs off of the OT. So I would not be the least bit surprised if indeed some like them found that much of the meat we eat today to be unclean and avoided it.

As to it being a question of wrong or right....it is a matter of interpretation to me.

JohnMuise said:

God never said the things He said "don't eat" wouldn't taste good, He just said "don't eat" 'em.

Heh, heh, I find it so curious that as you say, David, otherwise well meaning and caring Christians become so hard-headed when it comes to appetite. In heaven everyone will be vegetarian. Will these same Christians who so adamantly claim their right to eat red rare meat, pork, and shellfish etc now, complain to the chef when attending the wedding supper of the Lamb?

brakelite2 said:
Heh, heh, I find it so curious that as you say, David, otherwise well meaning and caring Christians become so hard-headed when it comes to appetite. In heaven everyone will be vegetarian. Will these same Christians who so adamantly claim their right to eat red rare meat, pork, and shellfish etc now, complain to the chef when attending the wedding supper of the Lamb?

You know brakelite2 I'm just hoping there's plenty of asparagus, broccoli, green beans and mango's on the Tree of Life! I love asparagus! Sauteed in a little olive oil, white wine and Italian spices!

JohnMuise said:
In heaven everyone will be vegetarian

:o

No meats :crying:

Crying? Why?

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

This is something for you to chew on...by Doug Batchelor... :smt106
What about the people who eat unclean animals like pork, shrimp,lobster etc..Will they go to heaven?

This question addresses those people who eat some of the animals that God calls unclean, and therefore unfit for human consumption, in the Bible. Is it a sin? Well it depends on what the Lord has revealed to the person. If a person knows that God forbids these things, we know by example in the Bible that he or she should avoid eating them.

For instance in Daniel 1, the Babylonians offered Daniel a diet that included unclean foods. He said," I cannot defile myself with a portion of the kings food." He would have died before he ate the Babylonian food because he knew better--it's really a question of loyalty; what would you do when you learn the truth?

For certain, there will most likely be an uncountable number of believers in the kingdom who probably ate things that were forbidden, because they don't know any better. This is why it tells in Acts 17:30," At the times of this ignorance, God winks at."
When we don't know God shows his mercy.

Sin is knowing to do good and not doing it; that's one of the Bible definitions for sin. When we know God's will and don't do it, that's a sin. God wants us to live up to the light He gives us. If you know the truth and don't act on it, what does that tell God?

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Yeah i know, its just gonna be hard adjustment , lol

JohnMuise said:
RND said:
JohnMuise said:
Yeah i know, its just gonna be hard adjustment , lol
Think mangos John....mangos!

KIWIS KIWIS :D

They are delicious!

kiwi.jpg

:-D :-D :-D Now you're talking!!!!!!! I worked on a dairy farm about 8 years ago and we fed the cows kiwifruit. About 3 kilograms per day per cow. 2oo cows and one truck and trailer load a week. They were reject fruit or seconds from the export product. Needless to say, not all the fruit reached the cows.
It was funny to watch the cows eating them though. They just loved them. I'm sure you could see them grinning while chewing.

Didn't Christ eat fish? and what of Peters vision in Acts?

Act 10:9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
Act 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

PS- I'm a Vegetarian, so it does not bother me at all :-D

Gabriel

Gabriel Ali said:
Didn't Christ eat fish?

Clean fish!

and what of Peters vision in Acts?

Act 10:9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
Act 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Peter's vision was specific and was comparing the gentiles with unclean animals. It was not a vision saying we can eat anything we wish.

Here is a helpful study from a Messianic Jew:

Clean and Unclean: Commandments for today!

Gabriel Ali said:
Didn't Christ eat fish? and what of Peters vision in Acts?

Gabriel
This vision actually talks about people. The Jews used to call gentiles common or unclean, so the Lord was telling Peter not to call people common or unclean.
If you read further, Peter explains the vision;
Acts 10:28
Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

JohnMuise said:
Well to God, bacon is an abomination.
Isaiah 66:15-17
For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Back