Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Cleansing Diets?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What is everyones opinion on detox/cleansing diets? Specifically Jordan Rubins ten day summer cleanse? you basically eat only fruit and vegetables for ten days. what about the whole concept of cleansing in general?

It's a spiritual thing and should only be done to come closer to God. It does have physical rewards, but God is the reason to undergo such a task, not for any other reason.

what are the spiritual and physical benefits? and how do you do it for God? what do you actually do.. pray whenever you get hungry?

Yeah I imagine you just turn your hunger towards God and ask Him to keep it at bay and just read the Bible and pray and such.

Physically it can help your body get a fresh start. Get's lots of bad stuff out. If you are trying to start up a healthy-food diet than its almost a must to fast, because otherwise the decades of bad stuff that is just sitting around will counter the benefits of the good stuff. Uh, if you fast long enough you don't need to brush your teeth, or maybe you do, but you no longer get bad breath, because your lungs are cleaned out and that is where bad breath actually comes from. Other stuff too. Not really any negatives to a fast. Your muscle will deteriorate, but our bady has this thing called "muscle memory", not the kind that lets you type on a keyboard without looking, but literally your muscles will grow back to their previous size in days.

Spiritually, I don't know because I never really fasted. Sure you get closer to God.

My big thing is juice fasting, which is probably easier than what you're looking into. Opinions vary, but the proponents of juice fasting and other cleansing/detox diets say that it flushes out all kinds of toxic badness from your system rather quickly. The hard thing is not caving to hunger and/or emotional/psychological impulses to eat bad food.

Most of these diets are safe. People are designed to go without food on occasion, sometimes for a long time, which is one reason why its so easy to get fat in many parts of the world today; we have lots of food available all the time. Fasting has been a part of various religions and cultures since time immemorial; unless you have some kind of severe physical and/or psychiatric condition, you should be able to go through a detox diet or fast a-OK. Its just not fun, that's all.

What is everyones opinion on detox/cleansing diets? Specifically Jordan Rubins ten day summer cleanse? you basically eat only fruit and vegetables for ten days. what about the whole concept of cleansing in general?

Yeah, my older brother-in-law almost died from such a diet. He has a tendency towards diabetes and was low in salt. You may not get enough of that vital nutrient in just fruits and vegetables. I suspect low salt is a problem in many people. Fruits and vegetables offer potassium which is also an important electrolyte so don't confuse what I am saying with abstaining from them. I'm talking about eating only them--- and they have too many carbs an not enough fats and proteins as well.

The body does it's own cleansing just nicely. Make sure you get the whole kit and caboodle of nutrients for it to work right.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back