Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Colorado Shooting News - Deranged?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

rwbovee

Latest Colorado shooting news. Is James Holmes deranged? Holmes was wearing red hair and told people he was "The Joker" when he was arrested by police. During a news conference, NYPD commisoner Ray Kelly said, "We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the enemy of Batman." Batman’s enemy, The Joker, actually had green hair. For more see http://famous-conspiracy-theories-websites.blogspot.com/2012/07/colorado-shooting-news-deranged.html

It sure sounds like he is. He gives me the creeps, and what he did was terrible. He'll get punished for what he did, if not in this world but the next.

What is his motive? Where is the history that led to this? None of it adds up.

I'v got a rope if anyone else has a strong tree.

By DEFINITION, he is deranged. He shot people for fun, including a little girl - of COURSE he is deranged. I do not see this as any defense, if convicted, then snuff his life out.

NOW.

It sounds like the jury is in for you. How do you have a fair trial with thinking like that?

The pictures of him in court look like he's come down from whatever he was on and is now soberly facing the magnitude of what he's done.

It's crazy the lengths he went through.

He killed 12 people for absolutely no apparent reason, and rigged his apartment to kill anyone who would eventually investigate.

He's clearly deranged, but he still should be killed.

They said today in the news that his attorney is going to go for the insanity plea. In Colorado, it will be up to the State to prove that James Holmes was sane.

The mere scope of all he did to his apartment will show premeditation. The alleged stashing of weapons within the theatre will show premeditation.

Was he sane?

We'll learn when it gets to trial.

The regrettable fact about high profile cases is that people jump to conclusions because of the news they hear and juries are influenced by what they might already know about the case.

I think people saw this in the case of the IMF leader who was accused of something and people in the press waxed lyrical and full of animus against the man.

Then it emerged that in order to have continued the prosecution, the district attorney would have to rely on evidence which basically said "you must believe me when I tell you that I lied".

Due process is a very important and precious aspect of dealing with people accused of even the most heinous of crimes (and this crime was heinous indeed). Not only is it seen to be fair to the person accused, it also protects all of us, in the end.

The question of whether a person is deranged might be an issue, but it's too early to draw inferences which may have a bearing on the outcome of the case.

Motive, deranged, insane, bath salts, comic books and video games; people where mean to him, perhaps,.....whatever. You can search the best minds in the world and they can not tell you what caused this. Of all the knowledge of man, no one has a better answer then the bible, and the biblical answer is the best answer for anyone looking for answers in this tragic case.

We live in a fallen world, where sin and evil inhabits our existence and permeates the hearts of mankind. "12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned." Romans 5:12 (NIV) ..."For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 (NIV).

Sure this James Holmes might have, what we call, "issues", but his issues are firmly entrenched in his own sin, which he has embraced for whatever reason. We should not be so bold to single him out as any less then us, because "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

I have heard more of the victims being interviewed in the hospitals as they recover, saying they feel sorry for this man. I find that encouraging. We should all Love this man, not for what he did, but for for what he does not have, the love of Christ in him. Who will show him that? Who can? If Christ works through his people then it should be his people.

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13 (NIV)

Last edited by a moderator:
They said today in the news that his attorney is going to go for the insanity plea. In Colorado, it will be up to the State to prove that James Holmes was sane.

The mere scope of all he did to his apartment will show premeditation. The alleged stashing of weapons within the theatre will show premeditation.

Was he sane?

We'll learn when it gets to trial.

I think it's kind of hard to tell for certain, but I think he was at least partially sane. I read an MSN article this morning (it's gone now) that since this was premeditated, it shows proof that he was sane enough to know what he was doing.

Like some of the people above me, I want to know his motive for all of this. The news says that it is for revenge, but I want to know what exactly happened to him to cause all this rage that was pent up inside him.

Pizza Guy, fair enough. I must have missed that when reading your post. My apologies.

I still would like to see a history of this guy. He has no criminal record. What is his motive? Everything people do is for a reason and I currently see no reason. I am not saying he didn't do it, but it seems to be a much thicker plot than some give assume it to be.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back