Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Conversation between Atheist professor and student.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And that we are not 100% sure of, but who cares.
It's those who are given the stories who mustn't care then...but that is something that we both don't know, and in case of doubt i'd be reluctant to forward that story then. Or at least i'd let them know that the authenticity is dubious.

No scientist has scene evolution of animals
Speciation has been directly observed, and there is plenty of genetic evidence of common descent of e.g. humans and other apes.

Or do you have a different explanation for ERVs that works at least as well as common descent?

caseypayne1980 said:
What do you guys think of this post, a real conversation between an Atheistic professor and his student?
I think that the average third grader student knows more about the Bible than the professor does. I would guess that he is ignorant of the Bible because he resists learning about the Bible. It is difficult to teach something to people who want to resist learning about it.

JohnR said:
I think that the average third grader student knows more about the Bible than the professor does. I would guess that he is ignorant of the Bible because he resists learning about the Bible. It is difficult to teach something to people who want to resist learning about it.

This story is made up, can't you see??? First of all, they would use C not F. Secondly - the professor would know that cold does not exist the same way heat does, same for darkness. Whatever you may think of them - they are by all means not stupid...

To caseypayne1980, evolution has been observed... Species which live shorter (such as flies, bacteria etc.) evolve much quicker so it's really not that hard to observ their evolution. Human beings are animals too so we can conclude that the same mechanisms apply to Homo Sapiens aswell.

MaybeNextTime said:
This story is made up, can't you see??? First of all, they would use C not F. Secondly - the professor would know that cold does not exist the same way heat does, same for darkness. Whatever you may think of them - they are by all means not stupid...

To caseypayne1980, evolution has been observed... Species which live shorter (such as flies, bacteria etc.) evolve much quicker so it's really not that hard to observ their evolution. Human beings are animals too so we can conclude that the same mechanisms apply to Homo Sapiens aswell.

Several problems here, "if" the fly were to mutate its still a fly isn't it, no variation into another species occured. Nd these experiements are done in a fashion to promote mutation and such. We aren't there to see what exactly goes on. Radiation treatment etc. When in a general since life isn't exposed to radition in that harmful of a manner. Fruitlies research is junk and shows no signs of one species into another. Just a fly into a wierder fly. So in a sense that is not evolution. mutation in a sense yes, but abnormal mutation if any.

We also don't know if this was an educated write up by a christian or actually happened and for that matter who was talkin to who. So agrueeing over that is like saying Beauty and beast was a horse and woman. Plus none of us are there to seek the intelligence of either person in this commentary so why even bring up "well he should be smarter then that."
Because we don't know the guy and for all we know he could be young or old.

The story is a rather ignorant attempt at deception, by some person who thought lying for God is a good thing. Pity him.

Not that the person who posted it here is guilty; I imagine he just trusted the wrong people.

Several problems here, "if" the fly were to mutate its still a fly isn't it, no variation into another species occured.
You should read up on the concept what constitutes a "species". Speciation is an observed process, even ceationist organizations like AiG accept that and even depend on this process to happen on a way faster scale than evolution even proposes to account for the current diversity of species after the noachian flood (which never happened, but anyway).

And besides, evolution does not state that they would become anything but flies. Just like we humans are still apes, mammals, vertebrates and so on.

We also don't know if this was an educated write up by a christian or actually happened and for that matter who was talkin to who.
And exactly that is why it should not be propagated without a comment which informed the one who receives it about the questionable authenticity. Else one would be bearing false witness if it happens not to be true.

jwu said:
And exactly that is why it should not be propagated without a comment which informed the one who receives it about the questionable authenticity. Else one would be bearing false witness if it happens not to be true.
Jwu do you worship the devil knowingly or accidently? We don't know if it were Albert E. or not so why argu. But the point behind this should be shared to everyone. You remind me of the devils attitude, ah something that makes atheist look bad, cover it up. Maybe you should think before you type, and I typing an anti God view point?

caseypayne1980 said:
Jwu do you worship the devil knowingly or accidently? We don't know if it were Albert E. or not so why argu. But the point behind this should be shared to everyone. You remind me of the devils attitude, ah something that makes atheist look bad, cover it up. Maybe you should think before you type, and I typing an anti God view point?
Such hypocracy. There is no proof that Einstein ever said this. Nothing in litature ever shows this. Yet you would try to stand up for a lie and accuse others of Satan worship than to admit to a mistake.

Such horrible hypocracy....

It was a dumb story, obviously made up by a non-scientist, who wouldn't know that a scientist wouldn't say such a thing.

Whether the guy who invented the story decided to add Einstein, or it was added later by someone embellishing the story further, hardly matters.

You can't serve God by lying for him.

The Barbarian said:
It was a dumb story, obviously made up by a non-scientist, who wouldn't know that a scientist wouldn't say such a thing.

Whether the guy who invented the story decided to add Einstein, or it was added later by someone embellishing the story further, hardly matters.

You can't serve God by lying for him.

Once again I've already pulled my self from pushing a lie. Perhaps you should learn english before attempting to quote people in a science thread. I said the view behind it is accurate. Whether it is from Albert is beside the point and you guys can't prove other wise that it isn't. So why bother crying.

Quath said:
Such hypocracy. There is no proof that Einstein ever said this. Nothing in litature ever shows this. Yet you would try to stand up for a lie and accuse others of Satan worship than to admit to a mistake.

Such horrible hypocracy....

The fact that God gave you life and you deny him is the biggest hypocracy so you have no room to speak.

It's embarassing to be tricked into repeating a lie. You're guilty of nothing more than trusting the wrong people.

Learn from it, and go on.

Jwu do you worship the devil knowingly or accidently?
I'm a Christian.

We don't know if it were Albert E. or not so why argu.
Exactly that is the point! By sharing a story which is probably not true one would be potentially guilty of bearing false witness. That doesn't exactly make Christians look good. If i were an atheist, i'd be appaled by that and pushed further away from Christianity.

Let's use a different example: No-one on my side of this computer screen knows if you ever said "God does not exist", perhaps before you became a Christian. So why should we argue if i decide to tell people here that you said that?
I'd be putting words into your mouth that you might never have said, and that wouldn't be a moral thing to do.

But the point behind this should be shared to everyone.
With the name "albert einstein" under it removed i wouldn't mind this being shared. Especially since there is evidence that Einstein was a deist...which is not exactly compatible with this story.

jwu said:
With the name "albert einstein" under it removed i wouldn't mind this being shared. Especially since there is evidence that Einstein was a deist...which is not exactly compatible with this story.
I agree.

caseypayne1980 said:
What I posted was an interesting read on Viewing God in a sense on how people view other things regardless of who said it or if it was made up. That point doesn't matter.

What you posted was wrong, dishonest and misleading.

Slevin said:
What you posted was wrong, dishonest and misleading.

Who is the one that is more mislead? This thread alone sums up people that don't believe in Gods word in Genesis over science. What weak minded flaky followers of God.

The Barbarian said:
Genesis is consistent with science. How could it not be?

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you a firm believer in Evolution of millions years. Then your science faith is not with Genesis. God had it written in the bible that we were created in one day. Not millions of years of evolution.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you a firm believer in Evolution of millions years.

One doesn't "believe" in a scientific theory. One accepts it on evidence only.

Then your science faith is not with Genesis.

Like most Christians, I recognize that the evidence and Genesis are consistent with evolution.

God had it written in the bible that we were created in one day.

As Augustine wrote well over a thousand years ago, it is absurd to suppose literal mornings and evenings with no sun to have them. The notion that they were literal 24-hour days is a very new belief, invented by the Seventh-Day Adventists.

caseypayne1980 said:
Who is the one that is more mislead? This thread alone sums up people that don't believe in Gods word in Genesis over science. What weak minded flaky followers of God.

Now you're making assumptions!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back