Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Could fasting be good for the human spkrit long term?

MerciG777

2024 Supporter
I believe that eating one meal a day is actually good and productive for the human body. It is also important to note that individuals need different amounts of this, and it also depends on the type exercise so different nutritions.

The Daniel fast long term which I was practising at one point for at elast 3-5 months had some of the best outcomes in terms of internal functions and good use.

Open to all those who have tried or looking to try it

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that eating one meal a day is actually good and productive for the human body. It is also important to note that individual need different amounts of this also depends on the type exercise so different nutritions.

First off, the lack of fasting is why I believe the modern church walks in so little of the genuine supernatural gifts, so I'm a strong proponent of it, especially when combined with extensive prayer.

As for one meal a day, I know of some people who do it out of habit, not necessarily for spiritual reasons but because they just prefer eating once a day. My problem with it is that it slows the metabolism a little bit too much to be doing it as a lifelong habit.
The Daniel fast long term which I was practising at one point for at elast 3-5 months had some of the best outcomes in needs of internal functiond and good use.

This would be somewhat better IMO, as you are still eating regularly which keeps the metabolism up, yet fruit and vegetables are lighter on the stomach and easier to digest.

Christians often have more than one motive for fasting (both for health reasons and for spiritual ones), which is perfectly fine. For my own part, I favor the spiritual reasons. To that end, I believe longer, water-only fasts are best, but like you said, it depends on the lifestyle you are living. A heavier exercise routine or a more physically demanding job can make that a harder thing to do, so it all depends on the circumstances you find yourself in as to how much all out fasting you can do.

I believe that eating one meal a day is actually good and productive for the human body. It is also important to note that individuals need different amounts of this, and it also depends on the type exercise so different nutritions.

The Daniel fast long term which I was practising at one point for at elast 3-5 months had some of the best outcomes in terms of internal functions and good use.

Hi merci :)

Thats an incredibly long time for you to undertake the daniels fast, thats really admirable :) i havent done it myself. Ive always had a fascination with fasting and its purpose, and have only tried short periods in water fasts recently. But yes i agree, people need to take into consideration their medical issues and everyone can do it in different ways, it looks like it may be a part of my walk with Christ now. Great talking to you merci, take care :)

That fast sounds like it is of and for the skin and bones (body), and not for the subjugation of the "flesh" (mind).
A fast, in the religious arena, is about the mind's control over the fleshly desires of the vessel.

That fast sounds like it is of and for the skin and bones (body), and not for the subjugation of the "flesh" (mind).
A fast, in the religious arena, is about the mind's control over the fleshly desires of the vessel.

Hello, Hopeful. You mean the Spirit's control over the flesh, correct? i.e. "The flesh wars against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh"?

Just thought I'd ask for clarification.

If he's being honest, Mika eats only one meal per day, including desert. (plus breakfast).
He's bursting with energy .... but Hidden In Him says it slows down the metabolism.

But what would you tell someone that gets dizzy if she tries to eat less?
(that would be me).

I'd love to lose 10 to 15 pounds, but I doubt it could be done.
It sure would help my back.

I do think it's great for spiritual reasons...but I've never tried it.
If I did, I think I'd drink a lot of fruit juice.

If he's being honest, Mika eats only one meal per day, including desert. (plus breakfast).
He's bursting with energy .... but @Hidden In Him says it slows down the metabolism.

Well it slows the metabolism, Lol, but I didn't say it slows down the body. It can actually speed the body up somewhat if done properly, because you are no longer weighing it down with digestion.

And there was a study done on mice that proved a lower calorie diet actually leads to longer life, and is healthier because it encourages more activity. The mice on the lower calorie diet were all over the place, running around, looking for food possibly, but just being more active in general. The high calorie mice did a lot more sleeping, were more overweight, and died earlier.

Interesting little tidbit you weren't expecting now, were you. :idea

But what would you tell someone that gets dizzy if she tries to eat less?
(that would be me).

Don't fast, or at least not very much anyway. The body will naturally start getting dizzier after about 8-10 days without food. I have to be careful when I get out of the bathtub, cuz if I get up too fast the world starts spinning. But if you are getting dizzy like right away that might not be a good sign. I haven't read enough about it to know for sure if it's normal to get dizzy that quickly.

Well it slows the metabolism, Lol, but I didn't say it slows down the body. It can actually speed the body up somewhat if done properly, because you are no longer weighing it down with digestion.

And there was a study done on mice that proved a lower calorie diet actually leads to longer life, and is healthier because it encourages more activity. The mice on the lower calorie diet were all over the place, running around, looking for food possibly, but just being more active in general. The high calorie mice did a lot more sleeping, were more overweight, and died earlier.

Interesting little tidbit you weren't expecting now, were you. :idea
Actually, I've noticed that older persons eat less.
Maybe they just need less, or maybe they have less energy to use toward digestion and so they need less food. My brother is very fit ,,,70,,,and he doesn't eat a lot.

I also must say that when I'm at my ideal weight I feel more svelte and healthy. Had many visitors this summer,,,too much Italian food! Have to lose some weight.

But no fasting.

Don't fast, or at least not very much anyway. The body will naturally start getting dizzier after about 8-10 days without food. I have to be careful when I get out of the bathtub, cuz if I get up too fast the world starts spinning. But if you are getting dizzy like right away that might not be a good sign. I haven't read enough about it to know for sure if it's normal to get dizzy that quickly.
It's not normal H.
I have low blood pressure.
Especially in the summer.

Maybe they just need less, or maybe they have less energy to use toward digestion and so they need less food. My brother is very fit ,,,70,,,and he doesn't eat a lot.

I also must say that when I'm at my ideal weight I feel more svelte and healthy.

Me too, only it takes having a full life elsewhere. I'm getting there in the Lord and in my calling, but I'm still at a place where eating is one of my primary sources of entertainment, and that's not good, Lol. But fasting and prayer builds up and empowers the spiritual life, so it's just a matter of completely filling out one's life in Christ I believe.

It's not normal H.

That might be it then, because I do think it may have something to do with less eating = less physical activity = lower circulation = less blood to the brain = dizzy spells.

That's not a professional opinion, however, it's just some religious quack taking an educated guess, Lol.

Me too, only it takes having a full life elsewhere. I'm getting there in the Lord and in my calling, but I'm still at a place where eating is one of my primary sources of entertainment, and that's not good, Lol. But fasting and prayer builds up and empowers the spiritual life, so it's just a matter of completely filling out one's life in Christ I believe.
Lol
Do you eat to live
Or do you live to eat?!

I have found I need to increase my fluid intake during the hotter time of the year , more water and electrolytes .We can loose more fluids and not really know it .

I have found I need to increase my fluid intake during the hotter time of the year , more water and electrolytes .We can loose more fluids and not really know it .
Sure. Lots of water is a must.
I eat potatoe chips every day.
The salt keeps the pressure up a bit.

Not a good idea for normal blood pressure...

Back