Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Could fasting be good for the human spkrit long term?

These Americans ..
They want lasagne, ragu, tiramisu

Yes, and all in one meal.

Actually, I think it's all the soft drinks that do us in over here. My wife's been trying to get me off frozen Cokes now for years, and unfortunately hasn't succeeded yet. But sugar and I have a very long history together, so it may take a Divine act of God before she finally break us up for good. But I do need to lose weight and I do have some serious things I need to be fasting and praying for, so the day is coming.

In the meantime, two tamales and an ice cold root beer, down the hatch. :pepsi2

I did a 30 day juice fast once. I had a little juice man juicer. Lots of carrot juice. I felt good but I think 🤔 I may have ended up with some dehydration or something.
My issue now is not rocking the boat 🚤 with my mental stability. I’m doing well and I’m not looking to risk it…
But apparently sometimes it helps? Fasting for people in mental hospitals 🏥 was apparently a thing in 50s ussr. Weird huh?

I did a 30 day juice fast once. I had a little juice man juicer. Lots of carrot juice. I felt good but I think 🤔 I may have ended up with some dehydration or something.
My issue now is not rocking the boat 🚤 with my mental stability. I’m doing well and I’m not looking to risk it…
But apparently sometimes it helps? Fasting for people in mental hospitals 🏥 was apparently a thing in 50s ussr. Weird huh?

That is weird... 1950s USSR was still heavily communistic and atheistic, so I have no idea what connection they think there would have been.

Hello, Hopeful. You mean the Spirit's control over the flesh, correct? i.e. "The flesh wars against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh"?

Just thought I'd ask for clarification.
More like the minds control over the skin and bones.
When mentioning "flesh" we must make it clear that it is either about the fleshly oriented mind of the unconverted, or the skin and bones of the vessel of God's Spirit.
(The converted have crucified the flesh, (both of the above), with the affections and lusts. Gal 5:24)
In my post, I refer to the skin and bones.
Our mind can be strengthened by fasting from the things normally supplied to the vessel.
It shows who is in really in control.

That fast sounds like it is of and for the skin and bones (body), and not for the subjugation of the "flesh" (mind).
A fast, in the religious arena, is about the mind's control over the fleshly desires of the vessel.
More like the minds control over the skin and bones.
When mentioning "flesh" we must make it clear that it is either about the fleshly oriented mind of the unconverted, or the skin and bones of the vessel of God's Spirit.
(The converted have crucified the flesh, (both of the above), with the affections and lusts. Gal 5:24)
In my post, I refer to the skin and bones.
Our mind can be strengthened by fasting from the things normally supplied to the vessel.
It shows who is in really in control.

Ok...

We have some strongly opposing views on this subject then, but I think it would be spiritually immature on my part to turn it a debate thread on what the word flesh in scripture is actually referring to, so I'll forego it.

God bless,
- H

Yeah. Wrong food gets blamed for a lot of stuff.
But science keeps changing its mind about what is good:
eggs used to be good - now they're poison.
butter was outlawed and margarine was the king.
Then margarine was out and butter was back in.
Red meat was good for you - it "made blood".
Now it's the pits.
Fat was good for the stomach - now it's bad for cholesterol.

Difficult to keep up.

Just eat a little bit of everything and stay happy.
(and real food).

Yes, and all in one meal.

Actually, I think it's all the soft drinks that do us in over here. My wife's been trying to get me off frozen Cokes now for years, and unfortunately hasn't succeeded yet. But sugar and I have a very long history together, so it may take a Divine act of God before she finally break us up for good. But I do need to lose weight and I do have some serious things I need to be fasting and praying for, so the day is coming.

In the meantime, two tamales and an ice cold root beer, down the hatch. :pepsi2
Italians are afraid of bubbly drinks - unless it's prosecco.
And ice.

But the new generation likes both.
Lucky for me.

Ok...

We have some strongly opposing views on this subject then, but I think it would be spiritually immature on my part to turn it a debate thread on what the word flesh in scripture is actually referring to, so I'll forego it.

God bless,
- H
OK, but my post was just to juxtapose the "fast for physical well being" to "fast for closeness to God".

Back