Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Could Laws Against Abortion Be Actually Enforced?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
actually what i really said is it is easy to enforce anti-abortion laws - keep the abortion clinics closed as illegal businesses - put abortion doctors in jail - these 2 actions will easily and safely enforce anti-abortion laws

if people want so badly to get an abortion they can go to a state or foreign country that allows it - it will be costly for them to do that but maybe it will cause them to come up with a way to make sure they don't feel the need to kill a baby in the future

those of us who do not murder babies certainly do not need our tax dollars to go toward murdering babies - let the murderers go through some difficulty and cost if they really want to kill a baby - is that cruel? - not at all - killing babies is cruel and evil

Truthfrees,

I can understand all that up there and I am with you in the spirit of what you are saying. I want to see abortion stopped. As I previously said I do NOT have strong feelings about the points in my Opening Post -- so I have no desire to argue the points further.

I thank you again for taking the time to read my thoughts and for your constructive contributory comments.

You have to start somewhere. Enforcement of abortion starts with punishments for abortion. Start on the doctors and clinics that provide abortions and they will quit once there is a cost for continuing the practice.

The unfortunately thing is that abortion is an industry. It's been very cautious of presenting it's image and lobbying how much of a group are allowed to come to their service, that now it's intrenched in people's minds that abortion is a right along the same lines as any civil rights movement; while at the same time the scope of abortions performed and their cost of doing them provides clinics make so much money that no one's paying attention.

Make it hurt to perform an abortion and things will change. The simple act of losing your doctor's license, receiving a huge fine, or jail time will make doctors question if they should do the service. Do this and the profits decrease. Decreased profits will influence the marketing of abortion and the lobbying of abortion (which I'm sure costs a lot of money).

This alone won't solve the issue, but it should help eredicate the pest problem by at least getting started at cleaning up the sources with abortion clinics, and to be able to voice how wrong abortion is without the lobby and PR portions of abortion being so strong and influencing society.

No matter how you look at it, you have to start somewhere. And making it illegal is a good starting place in my opinion.

NNS,
Thank you for your constructive comments. You made some very good points. I am with you 100% in the spirit of what you said. My hope and prayer is that America and the entire West (and the world) will end abortions. But I do not believe they will until the following happens:

JAG Previously Wrote:

I'm NOT against laws. I just recognize that that the hearts of human beings have to be changed by the supernatural power of the gospel, before the world's some 7.5 billion people are going to voluntarily and peacefully keep the Christian Moral Code . . .

. . .meanwhile the world will continue to be plagued with abortion, prostitution, rapes, murders, shootings, assault and battery, armed robbery, drunkenness, thievery, bearing false witness, white collar crime, fraud, scams, and all the other evil actions that plague this present 22nd century world.

By the way, how does the gospel change hearts and minds. Its very simple. Here are the steps:

(1) John 3:3 The Lord Jesus said you had to be born again. This changes your nature.

(2) John 3:16 The New testament says you have to accept the Lord Jesus as your Savior. This changes your legal relationship to God. (See also Romans 5:1 )

(3) Galatians 5:22-23 says that now after (1) and (2) has occurred, you can then be taught by the Holy Spirit to manifest the fruits of the Holy Spirit in your life, which fruits are as follows:

(a) love
(b) joy
(c) peace
(d) patience
(e) kindness
(f) goodness
(g) faithfulness
(h) gentleness
(I) self-control

A nation of people with those fruits are not going to have an abortion problem in the first place . . .

. . . and no prostitution, rapes, murders, shootings, assault and battery, armed robbery, drunkenness, thievery, bearing false witness, white collar crime, fraud, scams, etc

NNS,

Nonetheless, again I do NOT have any strong feelings against your call for laws prohibiting abortion.

Thanks again for your well-written post. I thought you expressed yourself with clarity and conviction. I enjoyed reading your points.

JAG

I think it depends on the situation. Abortion is good for a child with no limbs or severe brain damage. Or a child that would become a vegetable. I am not saying we should do it or we should not. It depends on the situation. We must think about the child too, when we make the choice to abort or not.

Back