Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Creation Museum

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

happyjoy

LOL

http://picasaweb.google.com/aorellana/C ... irectlink#

People hanging out with Dinos.

This pic I find very interesting.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/__BeuXaufPjg/S_4Fu ... G_5787.JPG

It says that the flood happened at 2000 B.C. Just 4 thousand years ago. Really? So just 4 thousand years ago the only humans left were Noah and his family. So how did people in China, Egypt, Europe write and build things if they were dead and no one was there? How did we get all the different languages and races and get to the billions of people all over the world in just 4,000 years?

There are so many funny pics and outrageous theories promoted by this museum, I can't believe people believe this stuff.

Caroline H said:
Is there a purpose to this topic other than Flaming?

The museum says it is a real science museum. So I thought we could discuss the claims they make. I find the claims are not science, and at times silly and funny.

You're not wanting to discuss the claims they make at all, you're wanting to criticize and laugh at them. Whether they're right or wrong, what good will that do? If you want to objectively discuss the claims, fine, but don't just start a thread with the sole purpose of making fun of something. This is not the Humour and Jokes section :gah

It says that the flood happened at 2000 B.C. Just 4 thousand years ago. Really? So just 4 thousand years ago the only humans left were Noah and his family.

Something to chew on:

Time dilation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

I don't claim to be an astrophysicist, but from what I've learned there is no absolute time.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

Taken literally:

1ED=1000GY

365ED=1EY

Therefore:

1EY=365,000GY

4000EY=1,460,000,000GY

This seems to jive with time dilation, from God's point of view.

Notes:

ED= An earth day from humans' reference point

GY= An earth year from God's reference point

EY= An earth year from humans' reference point

Somebody please check my math. I'm tired and in a fog.

Caroline H said:
You're not wanting to discuss the claims they make at all, you're wanting to criticize and laugh at them. Whether they're right or wrong, what good will that do? If you want to objectively discuss the claims, fine, but don't just start a thread with the sole purpose of making fun of something. This is not the Humour and Jokes section :gah

I do want to discuss the claims they make, but honestly I can't help laughing as some of the stuff. The picture of the kid with his pet velociraptor is just too funny. People take their children to be indoctrinated by this museum. Many people are too poorly educated to understand the stuff is not true. Truth is always better than fantasy.

happyjoy said:
Truth is always better than fantasy.

And respect is always better than strife. :twocents

Oh, and where is the picture of the kid with the pet dinosaur? I just looked through all the pics and the only thing I saw that could be what you are talking about was one of two children hanging around with a dinosaur in the background... Not as a pet.

Caroline H said:
happyjoy said:
Truth is always better than fantasy.

And respect is always better than strife. :twocents

Oh, and where is the picture of the kid with the pet dinosaur? I just looked through all the pics and the only thing I saw that could be what you are talking about was one of two children hanging around with a dinosaur in the background... Not as a pet.

It shows the kids playing and the dino is right there with them like a pet dog would be. Looks like a pet to me.

I understand you point about strife, I will try to be respectful.

Back