Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Creation versus Evolution

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jayls5 said:
Heidi said:
Obviously it's you who doesn't understand the word "omnipotent", but I guarantee you will when you die. ;-) Omnipotent means that God can do anything he wants. And he does do whatever he wants to do for which he always has reasons, which you will learn one day, hopefully before you die. ;-)

And since you have evaded my 3 questions again, then obviously you can't answer them or won't answer them. So why not, if you know what your theory advocates? Are you ashamed of your theory? :o

If God can do anything, can he grant the prayers of two opposing football teams want to win against the other team? If so, how can both win and have more points than the other side? If not, then God cannot do anything.

If God can do anything, can he create a stone he cannot lift? If he can create it, would he be able to lift the stone he cannot lift? If so, he wouldn't be able to lift the stone, and he wouldn't be able to do 'anything.' If he cannot make it, then he wouldn't be able to do 'anything.'

Assuming God can do anything, can he make his own unbreakable rules? If so, then he couldn't break them, and he wouldn't be able to do 'anything.' If he couldn't make unbreakable rules, he wouldn't be able to do 'anything' either.

Omnipotence is logically impossible.

:o God only grants the prayers of people who follow and know him. And since most true Christians don't pray to win a football game so they can look good in the community, your comment is so moot that it really is worth concerning yourself about. :lol:

Your illogical concept of omnipotence and God is impossible. :o

Heidi said:
:o God only grants the prayers of people who follow and know him. And since most true Christians don't pray to win a football game so they can look good in the community, your comment is so moot that it really is worth concerning yourself about. :lol:

Um... No. HIs post is spot on. It doesn't matter whether true christians are going to pray to win a football game or not, the point is that God could not satisfy the prayers of both sides, thus making his omnipotence impossible.

Dunzo said:
Heidi said:

Um... No. HIs post is spot on. It doesn't matter whether true christians are going to pray to win a football game or not, the point is that God could not satisfy the prayers of both sides, thus making his omnipotence impossible.

Sure he can. He can be as illogical as atheists want Him to be. He just chooses not to. He can also change the hearts of those who simply want to win so they can feel good about beating their opponent. He just chooses not to do that with those who aren't capable of understanding what matters in life. ;-)

Heidi said:

This isn't about who prays and who doesn't pray. I'm asking if God could do it at all. Any one of the three scenarios I brought up would logically show that God cannot be omnipotent.

Show me how any of those scenarios could be accomplished by God. If he does the act, he's not omnipotent. If he can't do the act, he's not omnipotent. Either way, he's not omnipotent.

Jayls5 said:
Heidi said:

This isn't about who prays and who doesn't pray. I'm asking if God could do it at all. Any one of the three scenarios I brought up would logically show that God cannot be omnipotent.

Show me how any of those scenarios could be accomplished by God. If he does the act, he's not omnipotent. If he can't do the act, he's not omnipotent. Either way, he's not omnipotent.

And we've shown you he is omnipotent. But He is also the truth as well as omniscient and omnipotent. So since God cannot be illogical and honor two opposing statements because one of them would be false, then he did not create a universe where two opposing things can be true. If you don't udnerstand, that, that's your problem, not God's. :roll:

Heidi said:
Jayls5 said:

And we've shown you he is omnipotent.
No, you haven't. Jayls5 has just shown you that omnipotence is logically impossible, and you haven't refuted him effectively.

But He is also the truth as well as omniscient and omnipotent. So since God cannot be illogical and honor two opposing statements because one of them would be false, then he did not create a universe where two opposing things can be true. If you don't udnerstand, that, that's your problem, not God's. :roll:
If I understand correctly, you've just shown that god cannot be omnipotent. Well done.

Heidi said:
And we've shown you he is omnipotent. But He is also the truth as well as omniscient and omnipotent. So since God cannot be illogical and honor two opposing statements because one of them would be false, then he did not create a universe where two opposing things can be true. If you don't udnerstand, that, that's your problem, not God's. :roll:

You have not shown that He is omnipotent. You have claimed He's omnipotent. They are two entirely different things.

If God cannot be illogical as you claim, then how is he omnipotent? Omnipotence would entail being able to do anything, and you have claimed that God cannot do the illogical. Thus, he is not omnipotent. I find it odd that an all powerful being must yield to the rules of logic.

Warning ... due to the nature of a Forum like Christianity and Science and topics like this one, a certain amount of slack is afforded concerning the governing of our ToS. Unfortunately it has gone too far; the thread has been cleaned up, we're sort of back on topic ( ;-) ) and one member has been abolished due to foul language and blasphemous statements.

Carry on...

vic C. said:
Warning ... due to the nature of a Forum like Christianity and Science and topics like this one, a certain amount of slack is afforded concerning the governing of our ToS. Unfortunately it has gone too far; the thread has been cleaned up, we're sort of back on topic ( ;-) ) and one member has been abolished due to foul language and blasphemous statements.

Carry on...

Bah! Profanity doesn't hurt anyone.

Dunzo said:
Whether or not it hurts anyone, profanity is always an immature and unnecessary response especially in debating and even more so in a Christian forum.

Jayls5 said:
If God cannot be illogical as you claim, then how is he omnipotent? Omnipotence would entail being able to do anything, and you have claimed that God cannot do the illogical. Thus, he is not omnipotent. I find it odd that an all powerful being must yield to the rules of logic.
Your understanding of omnipotence is lacking which is why your conclusion is wrong.

To Heidi:
Dear Heidi,
Please stop for a brief moment of time and explain two things:
1. What is the official Theory of Evolution.
2. Where do you get your definition for the Theory of Evolution.
I don't want to know your "interpretation" of the Theory of Evolution, I want to know the SOURCE/DEFINITION of it. Please pay attention to the wording of this comment.

Free said:
Dunzo said:
Whether or not it hurts anyone, profanity is always an immature and unnecessary response especially in debating and even more so in a Christian forum.

Jayls5 said:
Your understanding of omnipotence is lacking which is why your conclusion is wrong.

Are you implying you understand omnipotence? By all means, enlighten me and tell me why I was wrong.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back