Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Creator Jesus In The Old Testament.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Genesis 49:8-10 gives us another clue when it says, “Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people (goyim/gentiles) be.

So note that verse ten speaks of a being whose “shem” or name (character, presence, and authority), is called “Shiloh“. The pronoun “him“, again indicates a singular male person, who will come at a time when Judah loses the scepter of its rulership from among the children of God. When they do, it is written that this coming one shall offer a “glorious rest” (a shabbat), and to him shall all the gentiles will flow. The obedience of many peoples of the world, as well as many of the Jewish people, would be unto Him when He comes.

As it turns out, many Rabbis agree that Shiloh is not a literal name, it is a title, and it refers to “the one who brings shalom“. Genesius, the Hebrew scholar, interprets the name Shiloh as having to do with "rest" precisely because of its association with the word Shalom in its root. In the Targum Jonathan, reflective of accepted pre-Christian Jewish thought, Jonathan ben-Uzziel, the student and grandson of the revered Rabbi Hillel, interprets the root "Shil", as "the son", and as referring to a particular man. So what we have here is a particular man who is the Son, or Messiah, who brings to us true peace (shalom). He causes us to cease from our striving to obtain righteousness and through Him we find the Lord’s true rest (shabbat). Therefore, we must conclude that Shiloh is both "the Ruler of Peace" (the son of Isaiah 9:6,7), and also the Lord or giver of shabbat (rest). All who have faith in Him can and do have continual Shabbat, because He is the bringer and dispenser of peace with God (John 14:27). In my opinion, Shiloh is none other than the Son of the Father who would be given to heal the chastisement of our peace (Isaiah 53:5), just as the Isaiah prophesied.

Being Shiloh, He comes to restore the lost throne of David. Do you think it is strange that He arrived when the throne of David had just been lost (Herod was a semi-Edomite) and when He returns He shall restore it? Of the Son it is written that "the government shall be upon His shoulders". Could it be that after this, Judah who haphazardly lost the scepter would then be awarded it? No! After they lost it, Shiloh would come and take it up on their behalf. But elsewhere we are told that Messiah would do this, and that it is He who will make the true and lasting peace.

If Jesus created the universe why isnt he mentioned by name as the creator?

Do you mean in the Old Testament?

Names are kind of interesting when you stop and think about it. Jesus is what we call God who became 'man'. Names are just a way of referencing someone. The reason you don't find "Jesus" in the Old Testament(in that way) is because that was His name given to Him when He came to be God with us.

Jesus means - "Jehovah is Salvation"

So His role when He came to earth, to live among us, and die for our sins - was different than His role as creator.

You don't see the name "Jesus" in the Old Testament because that was not the time period for Him to come to us in order to die for us.

There are many 'names' of God. Very good study to do.

Another important metaphor we find in the Hebrew Scriptures for this pre-eminent Son/Messiah is the concept of "the Branch"! As the Branch of Jesse, He is the son of Jesse (Isaiah 11). As the Branch of David, He’s the messianic “son of David” (Zechariah 3, 6, 9, 12). And as the Branch of YHVH (Isaiah 4:2), He is the Son of YHVH! It is to Him that Jacob (the unbelieving Israelites) shall one day return (Isaiah 10:21). He will be both our King, and the true High Priest of God, after the order of Melchizedek (Zechariah 6:12-13) and His Kingdom (Rulership/Lordship) will be from everlasting to everlasting (1 Chronicles 17).

In the Hebrew, the common word for a branch (tsemech) is related in its linguistic root to the role of the mysterious figure known as Ha’Tzaddik. A type of mediator between God and man. It is said in Jewish Tradition that only God can produce a true Tzaddik. A Tzaddik is believed to be a part of the plan of formation, and the plan of restoration. Man really has no part in the appearance of the true Tzaddik on earth. It is entirely God’s doing. The Apostle John calls Jesus ha’Moschiach Ha’Tzaddik or Jesus Christ, the Righteous, because He is the very Son spoken of by all the Prophets, whose shem is none other than the Mighty God (El Gibbor). The ancient Rabbis saw in their belief regarding the true Tzaddik (Messiah) as ‘the ladder of Jacob’s dream’ who connects heaven with earth, and reconciles man with YHVH, and He is the Way that eternal life is unveiled to us by YHVH. Remember how we read what The Targum of Jonathan ben Uzziel says of Messiah? It says, “He shall intercede for the sins of many, and the rebellious for His sake will be forgiven.“ He would even intercede “for those who rose up against Him.“ When else has a Messiah come forth for the purpose of being a mediator between God and man and offered this intercession even for those who rose up against him? Can you name one other? Then what is his name if you know it?

Jeremiah 23:5, says that this “Branch” (the tsemech of David), is the King Himself, the true King, and when He comes, He will execute Judgment in Righteousness. But why would the Prophet Jeremiah call this Branch by God’s own name? He calls Him ”YHVH-Tzedkenu” translated “the LORD our Righteousness” (Jeremiah 23)? Why would Isaiah say He is “the Mighty God“? Both use a title reserved only for YHVH Himself! Why? While it is written that Messiah is coming to judge the Earth, it is also written the YHVH Himself is coming to judge the earth, with righteousness (Psalm 96:13). Are there then two ultimate Judges? Two Kings of all the Earth? Two Saviors? Two Redeemers? Two YHVH-Shaloms? Two YHVH-Kevods? Two Mighty Gods? Two YHVH-Tzedkenus? The LORD forbid! No family...this is not so...there is only one and His name is YHVH and when He came to earth incarnate it was Y’shua (Jesus).

Moving on, Isaiah 11:11 reveals that it is the Branch (the Nazar; the one who watches over; the protector) of YHVH, that comes to Judge, when He comes the second time. The scripture reads “11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. 11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations (the Goyim), and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” Do you see? Jesse is long since dead even when this future prophecy is made yet this Nazar will also be his root. The gentiles seek and are given a glorious shalom. During this Nazar’s time the dispersed Jews will be brought back “from the four corners of the earth” (not just from Babylon)! Hmmm? Has this happened yet? What do you think?

Now Isaiah and Daniel, unlike elsewhere, have chosen the word natzar, or nazar, for this special Branch of YHVH! Unlike ha’tsemech, the other word interpreted “branch”, this word in Hebrew shares the same root as the words Nazareth, Nazarene, and Nazarite, and this author believes it is the source of Matthew’s statement that “He shall be called a Nazarene.“ I do not believe it had anything to do with His coming from Nazareth.

It is true Yeshua or the english Joshua means 'Yehovah saves'. I agree with that. Yehovah does save! Halleluyah!

But reading from the book of Shemot it is written God himself said he has but one name which he shall be known by.

Thus shall you say to the people of Israel, Yehovah God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you; this is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations. And Im sure we all will agree God is unchanging and as he stated above so is his name.

There was a time in Israels past when they started calling him by other names. Can you imagine telling your spouse I love you Tom when his name is actually Larry? Or say to your wife during the throughs of passion I love you Sue when her name is Melissa? It would be the dog house for mister! Thats when I actually felt the emotion in Isaiah where it is written: I am the Yehovah; that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another...! I felt his pain, sadness, anger, frustration, jealousy when I read those words.

Anything else that you read having his name and more just further describes his character or title. For example Yehovah of Hosts, or Yehovah the Redeemer, Yehovah King of Israel. Unfortunetly though many dont understand this because all they see in their translations 'Lord of Hosts, Lord the Redeemer, Lord King of Israel. You see rabbinic traditions prohibits the writing or even speaking the name of God its the ineffable name doctrine so they substitute it with 'Lord' and of course Christian scholars followed suit. Why? it was the rabbis who taught them Hebrew and their traditions along with that education. Which now begs the question who is the Lord? In your book that same question was asked and you have been told Jesus is. While some search the Hebrew translations for metaphors or read between the lines in the attempt to make sense of it all. In my book it's as plain as the day is long clearly stating in the Hebrew language Yehovah is my creator, my savior, my redeemer.

Thats my understanding and opinion regarding the name of the creator

One of the end time prophecies though is this confusion will be cast aside and you will know his name.

Last edited:
It is true Yeshua or the english Joshua means 'Yehovah saves'. I agree with that. Yehovah does save! Halleluyah!

But reading from the book of Shemot it is written God himself said he has but one name which he shall be known by.

Thus shall you say to the people of Israel, Yehovah God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you; this is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations. And Im sure we all will agree God is unchanging and as he stated above so is his name.

There was a time in Israels past when they started calling him by other names. Can you imagine telling your spouse I love you Tom when his name is actually Larry? Or say to your wife during the throughs of passion I love you Sue when her name is Melissa? It would be the dog house for mister! Thats when I actually felt the emotion in Isaiah where it is written: I am the Yehovah; that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another...! I felt his pain, sadness, anger, frustration, jealousy when I read those words.

Anything else that you read having his name and more just further describes his character or title. For example Yehovah of Hosts, or Yehovah the Redeemer, Yehovah King of Israel. Unfortunetly though many dont understand this because all they see in their translations 'Lord of Hosts, Lord the Redeemer, Lord King of Israel. You see rabbinic traditions prohibits the writing or even speaking the name of God its the ineffable name doctrine so they substitute it with 'Lord' and of course Christian scholars followed suit. Why? it was the rabbis who taught them Hebrew and their traditions along with that education. Which now begs the question who is the Lord? In your book that same question was asked and you have been told Jesus is. While some search the Hebrew translations for metaphors or read between the lines in the attempt to make sense of it all. In my book it's as plain as the day is long clearly stating in the Hebrew language Yehovah is my creator, my savior, my redeemer.

One of the end time prophecies though is this confusion will be cast aside and you will know his name.

Are you a Hebrew and you do not even understand your own language in its ancient form? Amazing. Don't you know "name" in Hebrew is not about a Larry or Joe? It can be, but mostly it is not. The contraction Yah-Hoveh is not YHVH, or else everyone would clearly know how to pronounce YHVH, which your Rabbis have so insisted NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO PRONOUNCE (Thus the Masoretic substitution with Adonai, and the respectful utterance Ha'shem). Now YHVH is surely the name God gave for Himself, not Yeshua, for Yeshua is the name He had Yosef name the one who came to be the savior, when He was born. He named Him this because through Him salvation (yeshuah) is offered to whosoever will come.

Long before He revealed His name to be YHVH to Israel (in the time of Moses) He was called El-Shaddai, El-Elyon, even Eloah and all these other shem's are not gutteral names but titles by which He was/is known. So the Angel of the Lord (the Angel of His presence) who in Shemot identifies Himself as YHVH, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, is NOT YHVH?

Isaiah 63 tells us that by the Angel of His Presence He saved them (also called by Rabbis the Angel of His Face) now this is NOT "an" angel generically speaking, it is YHVH manifest. YHVH Himself manifest as a man on a number of occasions according to your own scriptures (your own revered sages like Jonathan and Onkelos call Him "the Word"), When manifest as a man in the Tanackh people could see Him and live, they could hear Him and He did not consume them (these are Tanakh), in the man Yeshua He was manifest incarnate. Fine I can understand if you do not accept this last part but the reat are obvious even to your own scholars.

I agree really. Jehovah(Yehovah) is His name. That is why Jesus is "Jehovah is Salvation". I call my wife by her 'name', but I also call her "honey", "babe", "sweetie", "darling", "mom", "cute thing", etc. The list is really long actually. My grandfather used to whistle a certain way, very loving, and my grandmother knew it was him calling her - no name involved.

So, as you state, Jesus was just a 'name' that further described(title) of who He was, and what He came to do. He is Yehovah, always was, always will be - that time period when He came in the flesh - they knew(and we know through their account) Him as "Jesus". :)

I try to, as much as possible when I remember, to actually say it the right way. He is Jesus the Christ. Many people think that "Christ" was His last name......we have come a long way since the first century.......

Isa 9:6
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Sometimes I think people get 'hung up' on the specific name of "Jesus". Yes, just as my name is Nathan, His name was Jesus, but He has many names. Our limited human intellect assumes that the actual 'name' has power - when the actual 'name' is just what we know someone as.

Isa 9:6
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Sometimes I think people get 'hung up' on the specific name of "Jesus". Yes, just as my name is Nathan, His name was Jesus, but He has many names. Our limited human intellect assumes that the actual 'name' has power - when the actual 'name' is just what we know someone as.

Right on Nathan..."in the name of" has nothing to do with the literal word "Jesus" but by His authority because of His faith and personage.

Right on Nathan..."in the name of" has nothing to do with the literal word "Jesus" but by His authority because of His faith and personage.

Yea, I highly doubt that they said "Jesus" in that day and age. :) I know a lot of "Jesus's" that live around my area. It cracks me up when I see someone with that name on a list. Always makes me wonder if they think about it.

The problem, in my humble opinion, is that when people think about "in the name of" as being a simple literal repetition of the gutteral pronunciation of the word "Jesus" (or Yeshua) that they are assuming a sort of magical formula or power that somehow they have a control over. They think a literal invocation has power, but again IMHO ALL the power is His. It is because of Him, through Him, and by Him (alone). Whatever authority (exousia) or power (dynamos) those truly born of His Spirit get to call upon are again His authority and power we are delegated to call upon. THEN, if it be His will, we shall know that we shall have what we ask.

The problem, in my humble opinion, is that when people think about "in the name of" as being a simple literal repetition of the gutteral pronunciation of the word "Jesus" (or Yeshua) that they are assuming a sort of magical formula or power that somehow they have a control over. They think a literal invocation has power, but again IMHO ALL the power is His. It is because of Him, through Him, and by Him (alone). Whatever authority (exousia) or power (dynamos) those truly born of His Spirit get to call upon are again His authority and power we are delegated to call upon. THEN, if it be His will, we shall know that we shall have what we ask.

I hear you, but human nature in people is strong.

What I think would be cool to see is a person born deaf/dumb(unable to hear/speak) heal someone in His (Jesus) name. It might make people think about things a bit.

YHWH is salvation.

The English transliteration of God's personal name is YHWH, with vowels added, YAHWEH, translated to I AM WHO I AM.

This pronounceable form of YHWH was introduced in 1520 by Galatinus but immediately strongly contested. Because the Hebrew script only has consonants, the vowels had to be inserted when the text was read out loud.

However, the name YHWH was deemed so holy that it shouldn't be pronounced.

Since there was no such word in the Hebrew language, the reader would be forced to stop and think about what he was reading, and thus would avoid accidentally speaking the Sacred Name aloud.

Later, some Christian translators mistakenly combined the vowels of “Adonay” with the consonants of “YHWH” producing the word “YaHoWaH.” When the Scriptures were translated into German during the Reformation, the word was transliterated into the German pronunciation, which pronounces “Y” as an English “J” and pronounces “W” as an English “V” — or “Jahovah.” Then in the early 17th century when the Scriptures were being translated into English with the help of some of the German translations, the word was again transliterated as “Jehovah,” and this unfortunate accident has carried over into many modern English translations.

• The term is now recognized by all proficient Bible scholars to be a late hybrid form, a translation error, that was never used by the Jews.

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:

“Jehovah — False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH.”
(“Jehovah,” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973 ed.)

Encyclopedia Americana:

“Jehovah — erroneous form of the name of the G-d of Israel.”
(Encyclopedia Americana, vol. 16., 1972 ed.)

Encyclopedia Britannica:

“The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being.”
(“Yahweh,” The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 12, 1993 ed.)

The Jewish Encyclopedia:

“Jehovah — a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of G-d. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.”
(“Jehovah,” The Jewish Encyclopedia, vol. 7, 1904 ed.)

The New Jewish Encyclopedia:

“It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite.”
(“Jehovah,” The New Jewish Encyclopedia, 1962 ed.)

The Jewish Encyclopedia states that YHWH is "the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel", and describes the form "Jehovah" as "a philological impossibility".

JLB

YHWH is salvation, or The Lord is salvation.

Yah - strong’s number 3050
  1. the proper name of the one true God
  2. used in many compounds

a compound word is two words together to form one word.

Example: halleluyah – to praise the lord in song

Strong’s # 3470 - Isaiah - Yĕsha`yah - from (03467) and (03050)

(03467) - yasha`- to save, be saved, be delivered

(03050) = yah - Lord

Yĕsha`yah - the compound word means: the Lord is deliverer [savior]

Let’s look at the other part of the compound word “Jehovah”.

Yah - strong’s number 3050

The other part of this compound word is:

Hovah strong’s number 1943

1. ruin, disaster
Another form for 1943 is:

havvah strong’s number 1942

1. desire
    1. desire (in bad sense)
  2. chasm (fig. of destruction)
    1. engulfing ruin, destruction, calamity
KJV (15) - calamity, 4; iniquity, 1; mischief, 1; mischievous, 1; naughtiness, 1; naughty, 1; noisome, 1; perverse thing, 1; substance, 1; wickedness, 3;

JLB

Last edited:
YHWH is salvation.

The English transliteration of God's personal name is YHWH, with vowels added, YAHWEH, translated to I AM WHO I AM.

This pronounceable form of YHWH was introduced in 1520 by Galatinus but immediately strongly contested. Because the Hebrew script only has consonants, the vowels had to be inserted when the text was read out loud.

However, the name YHWH was deemed so holy that it shouldn't be pronounced.

Since there was no such word in the Hebrew language, the reader would be forced to stop and think about what he was reading, and thus would avoid accidentally speaking the Sacred Name aloud.

Later, some Christian translators mistakenly combined the vowels of “Adonay” with the consonants of “YHWH” producing the word “YaHoWaH.” When the Scriptures were translated into German during the Reformation, the word was transliterated into the German pronunciation, which pronounces “Y” as an English “J” and pronounces “W” as an English “V” — or “Jahovah.” Then in the early 17th century when the Scriptures were being translated into English with the help of some of the German translations, the word was again transliterated as “Jehovah,” and this unfortunate accident has carried over into many modern English translations.

• The term is now recognized by all proficient Bible scholars to be a late hybrid form, a translation error, that was never used by the Jews.

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:

“Jehovah — False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH.”
(“Jehovah,” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973 ed.)

Encyclopedia Americana:

“Jehovah — erroneous form of the name of the G-d of Israel.”
(Encyclopedia Americana, vol. 16., 1972 ed.)

Encyclopedia Britannica:

“The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being.”
(“Yahweh,” The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 12, 1993 ed.)

The Jewish Encyclopedia:

“Jehovah — a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of G-d. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.”
(“Jehovah,” The Jewish Encyclopedia, vol. 7, 1904 ed.)

The New Jewish Encyclopedia:

“It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite.”
(“Jehovah,” The New Jewish Encyclopedia, 1962 ed.)

The Jewish Encyclopedia states that YHWH is "the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel", and describes the form "Jehovah" as "a philological impossibility".

JLB
Great example of the above point. People have more interest in how something is spelled than Who it references. More thought is placed into letters that make words than the One who created the ability to reason.

Are you a Hebrew and you do not even understand your own language in its ancient form? Amazing. Don't you know "name" in Hebrew is not about a Larry or Joe? It can be, but mostly it is not. The contraction Yah-Hoveh is not YHVH, or else everyone would clearly know how to pronounce YHVH, which your Rabbis have so insisted NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO PRONOUNCE (Thus the Masoretic substitution with Adonai, and the respectful utterance Ha'shem). Now YHVH is surely the name God gave for Himself, not Yeshua, for Yeshua is the name He had Yosef name the one who came to be the savior, when He was born. He named Him this because through Him salvation (yeshuah) is offered to whosoever will come.

Long before He revealed His name to be YHVH to Israel (in the time of Moses) He was called El-Shaddai, El-Elyon, even Eloah and all these other shem's are not gutteral names but titles by which He was/is known. So the Angel of the Lord (the Angel of His presence) who in Shemot identifies Himself as YHVH, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, is NOT YHVH?

Isaiah 63 tells us that by the Angel of His Presence He saved them (also called by Rabbis the Angel of His Face) now this is NOT "an" angel generically speaking, it is YHVH manifest. YHVH Himself manifest as a man on a number of occasions according to your own scriptures (your own revered sages like Jonathan and Onkelos call Him "the Word"), When manifest as a man in the Tanackh people could see Him and live, they could hear Him and He did not consume them (these are Tanakh), in the man Yeshua He was manifest incarnate. Fine I can understand if you do not accept this last part but the reat are obvious even to your own scholars.

Dude really? I get it you disagree with my opinion but insulting my intelligence as your premise takes a great deal away from your arguement. Its a bible study remember? Not everyone knows how to pronounce it because they are continually told nobody know how to pronounce it. On top of that The Orthodox Jewish community will largely not pronounce the so-called “Ineffable” Name because of a Rabbinic ban on Its pronunciation Many it seems never go any further to search the actual hebrew scriptures to see if these things are so. Insteaf they post links to the Jewish encyclopedia saying its grammatically impossible! Wow researchers!

The fact remains the consonants of the name of YHVH appear some 6828 times in the Hebrew text of Scripture. Furthermore 1904 was a long time ago, as 2014 when we check the earliest complete manuscripts of Scripture we find that YHVH is written YeHVaH (Yehovah). This is how YHVH is written in the Ben Asher manuscripts (Aleppo Codex and the Leningrad Codex3) which preserve the most accurate complete text of Scripture. Modern printings which accurately reproduce the ancient manuscripts, such as Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensia (BHS), and Hebrew University Bible Edition (HUB) also contain the form YeHVaH.

Through actual study of those manuscripts anyone can learn how to pronounce the personal name of their God Yehovah.

The last place anyone should be using to learn Hebrew is a strongs concordance.

Last edited:
Dude really? I get it you disagree with my opinion but insulting my intelligence as your premise takes a great deal away from your arguement. Its a bible study remember? Not everyone knows how to pronounce it because they are continually told nobody know how to pronounce it. On top of that The Orthodox Jewish community will largely not pronounce the so-called “Ineffable” Name because of a Rabbinic ban on Its pronunciation Many it seems never go any further to search the actual hebrew scriptures to see if these things are so. Insteaf they post links to the Jewish encyclopedia saying its grammatically impossible! Wow researchers!

The fact remains the consonants of the name of YHVH appear some 6828 times in the Hebrew text of Scripture. Furthermore 1904 was a long time ago, as 2014 when we check the earliest complete manuscripts of Scripture we find that YHVH is written YeHVaH (Yehovah). This is how YHVH is written in the Ben Asher manuscripts (Aleppo Codex and the Leningrad Codex3) which preserve the most accurate complete text of Scripture. Modern printings which accurately reproduce the ancient manuscripts, such as Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensia (BHS), and Hebrew University Bible Edition (HUB) also contain the form YeHVaH.

Through actual study of those manuscripts anyone can learn how to pronounce the personal name of their God Yehovah.

The last place anyone should be using to learn Hebrew is a strongs concordance.

Sorry if I insulted you, that really was not my intent, but I can see that I did. Yah-hoveh means Yah-who is and maybe this IS how you correctly pronounce the Holy name (we know the first syllable for sure). The priests of the Dead Sea always and only used the archaic YHVH.

So maybe I did not understand what your post was actually saying. In Hebrews 1 we learn of the Son (the Word) as a manifestation of God Himself and in Hebrews 2 it mentions "Jesus" as being MADE a little lower than the angels, but as far as I can tell the implication is that the Son (the YHVH we can see and hear) became Jesus.

If you do not believe this, that is fine with me, I am just clarifying what the text says. Do you at least acknowledge that the Tanakh is clear that YHVH appeared in many forms (even in human form) to many people?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back