Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Cross or Torture Stake?

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
Yes he prayed for them. He did not say I forgive them, instead by praying for them he left forgive ess in God the Father's hands.

Just as Stephen did when he was killed.

Forgiveness is always preceeded by repentance.

Yes he prayed for them. He did not say I forgive them, instead by praying for them he left forgive ess in God the Father's hands.

Just as Stephen did when he was killed.

Forgiveness is always preceeded by repentance.
He asked the Father to forgive them just as Jesus is our intercessor/mediator before the Father when we ask for forgiveness. Jesus had no anger towards those who persecuted Him to death. God grants the authority to forgive sins and Jesus being the Son of God who forgave the sins of all mankind through His sacrifice under God's power and authority given to Him while on earth.

He asked the Father to forgive them just as Jesus is our intercessor/mediator before the Father when we ask for forgiveness. Jesus had no anger towards those who persecuted Him to death. God grants the authority to forgive sins and Jesus being the Son of God who forgave the sins of all mankind through His sacrifice under God's power and authority given to Him while on earth.
Agreed, except we asking g for forgive ess repe t of our si s.
What evidence do you have that the executioners of Jesus and the murderers of Stephen express any regret for their actions?

Do you believe God forgives the unrepentant.

Back