Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Da Vinci Code

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Atonement

The Da Vinci Code is a fiction story, although it does have a thread of truth in it. Since it is an exciting fiction tale, most people who do not know church history are taken in by its many distortions and false statements. One of the lies told in this work is that Jesus had a family. Jesus was never married according to the Bible and never had children. This is only one of the preposterous statements in this story. Has anyone read the book or seen the new Tom Hanks movie? What are your opinions??

I don't know anything about the DC..don't really care about it.....

I just wanted to offer that the Messiah (the prince in Eze 40-46), will have sons during the Messianic Kingdom age.

Eze 46:16 Thus saith the Lord GOD; If the prince (Messiah) give a gift unto any of his (Messiah's) sons, the inheritance thereof shall be his (Messiah's) sons'; it [shall be] their possession by inheritance.
Eze 46:17 But if he (Messiah) give a gift of his inheritance to one of his (Messiah's) servants, then it shall be his to the year of liberty; after it shall return to the prince (Messiah): but his (Messiah's) inheritance shall be his (Messiah's) sons' for them.
Eze 46:18 Moreover the prince (Messiah) shall not take of the people's inheritance by oppression, to thrust them out of their possession; [but] he (Messiah) shall give his (Messiah's) sons inheritance out of his (Messiah's) own possession: that my (Jehovah's) people be not scattered every man from his possession.

Was Jesus married during his first coming? who knows....will he have son's during his Millennial reign....according to Eze...yes....

Re: reply

golfjack said:
What? Are you a JW or Morman?

May God bless, golfjack

Nah...don't know what they believe....don't care.

But just to keep you from guessing....

I'm a former, Wisconsin Synod Lutheran....who believed the hierarchy as to bible apologetics was Luther, Paul, Christ, then God... :)

Now I consider the apologetics hierarchy to be God, Jesus, James, Peter, John and Jude. Paul conspicuously missing from the list.

Now, I'm just a plain ole Godfearer seriously considering proselyting to Judaism (recognizing Jesus as the Messiah of course). I'm not a trinitarian, I am a monotheist who believes that Jehovah is the Sovereign Lord, and that Jesus is his Son by adoption and the Holy Spirit is the power and essence of Jehovah as stated in (Isa 11:2)...I believe the Torah is still in effect for all men who choose to accept it...

Hey Georges, I don't think you know me that well???? 1ST I DO NOT accept Hi-Jacking on my thread. If you don't care about the Da Vinci Code why post on it? Spiritualy immature maybe? 2ND You added your OWN words to the Scriptures you quoted. That Chapter is about the sabbath and the burnt offernings. The prince was offering a gift to his sons and servants at the gate of chambers in accordance to the sabbath. Neither here or there, this THREAD is not about those Scriptures or your post period, if you don't have any input on on the Da Vinci Code, don't post here.

jgredline,

Thank you for the Link the yellow with a black background threw me off for a second LOL. Would you care to post it here? If you would just add a source link..
Thank you.. Your God's Best

Atonement said:
jgredline,

Thank you for the Link the yellow with a black background threw me off for a second LOL. Would you care to post it here? If you would just add a source link..
Thank you.. Your God's Best

Ok
Is this what you mean?

mutzrein,
Thank you. I did a search for the Da Vinci Code, but my search brought up 0 results.. Thank you..

jgredline,
No, I actually mean I would like you to post your thoughts on the Da Vinci Code here, but if you cut and paste from that site, just leave a source link.. Thank you

Of all the commentaries I have read on the Daa Vinci code Al Mohler (who is one of my favorites) says this.

Deciphering 'The Da Vinci Code'
Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Given the renewed interest in Dan Brown's novel, The Da Vinci Code (just released in paperback editions), this commentary and review of the book is republished by request. It was originally published July 29, 2003.

The summer publishing season seems always to include a thriller that leaps to the top of the best-seller charts and stays there until the fall--when readers get serious and return to school and work. The Da Vinci Code is this year's winner, sitting at the top of the Amazon.com ratings this week and listed at second place in the New York Times hardcover fiction list. The book was on the top of that list last week, and it has made the list for 18 straight weeks. Not bad for a book with a seemingly unmanageable mix of plot structure, conspiracy theories, and mountains of detail about Catholic orders, renaissance art, theological heresy, and theoretical mathematics. Hooked yet?

I was forewarned about the heresy in the book, and so I started reading with a determination to force my way through an unpleasant read. It wasn't hard. As a matter of fact, the plot was so engaging, and the content of the book was so rich, that I had a hard time putting it down. Dan Brown may or may not actually believe what he writes, but he writes so well in this genre that the average reader will not even care. That is the problem.

To read the rst of the commentary click on the link
http://www.albertmohler.com/commentary_ ... 2006-04-12

To learn more click here.
http://www.pro4machineworks.com/Da_vinci_code.html

The Da Vinci Code is an important book that we need to understand. This book may be a well-written suspense thriller, but for historical accuracy it is hard to imagine one that has so twisted and distorted the facts. Even though it is a compelling read, it is taken too seriously by many, which is a statement about our times that we need to understand.

In this book, the author very cleverly uses characters who are supposed to be esteemed experts and historians to make bold and authoritative declarations about the church, its history, and the Bible which are not only false, but are either extreme exaggerations or outright fabrications. Is this acceptable just because it is a novel? Usually even novels that are based on historic events are held to a high standard in its representation of them. Why isn't this one? There is an obvious agenda in The Da Vinci Code that we need to understand. What is it? Why does it matter?

There is a reason why this book is regarded by an increasing number of people to be one of the most demonically-inspired books of our times, with a profoundly evil agenda. This book is a regurgitation of the ancient Gnostic doctrines, as well as the promotion and glorification of paganism, while undermining Christianity and faith in the Bible. This is not a new deception, but is actually rooted in the original deception of the serpent in the Garden.

Gnosticism was a heresy that arose in the first few centuries A.D. when Christianity was spreading throughout the world, and it claimed to be Christian, but was not. It was rather a very basic departure from Christian truth, and promoted a salvation that was more of an elevation of the soul, through a secret knowledge rather than through the atonement of the cross.

Gnosticism was considered by some to have been the very deception that the Lord prophesied would seek to deceive even the elect (see Matthew 24:24). For the first few centuries of Christianity, this deception was effective in deceiving many new or unstable believers and even some of the leaders. It seemed especially prone to pick off those who were on either the extreme of having a low self-esteem or the opposite extreme of being driven by selfish ambition, because it fed on the pride of its converts that these two kinds of people are especially prone to embrace.

It is important for us to understand why this same heresy is surfacing again today in The Da Vinci Code, and the timing of the discovery of The Gospel of Judas, which is no accident. It is probable that The Gospel of Judas manuscript discovered is probably authentic as far as being old, but it was not written by Judas, as it is being promoted. We know that this "gospel" existed because it is referred to a number of times by the early church fathers, but always as a heresy, just like the other Gnostic gospels that painted a very different picture of Jesus than the biblical testimony. Just because something is old does not make its teaching true.

I did read most of the book but did not go see the movie. I did not want to give Dan Brown any money. Even though my ticket would have been penuts to him, it was the principle of the thing.
In saying that, I know quite a few cHRISTIANS who saw it so they could argue against it with non believers. No fault in that. I supose I would have snuck in the movie theature to view it had I not read up on it :wink: and repent later. 8-)

I have not seen it yet either, but when it comes out on video (if it hasn't already) I'm gonna check it out..

I read the book and it was a page turner. The movie was not so great.

I think that Dan Brown comes up several interesting ideas and has some fun with history. I think the reason many Christians don't like the story is that it humanizes Jesus instead of making him seem divine. It draws on the Gnostic litature, which came way after Jesus (say 60+ years after the death) as opposed to the Gospels that came about 30 to 60 years after the death.

I know it was considered odd that Jesus did not marry. After all, if Jesus was trying not to sin, then he should have followed God's command to be fruitful and multiply. My guess is that he thought the world was ending soon and didn't want to have to deal with a wife until the Son of Man came. I think he thought it would be problematic to be married then.

Atonement said:
Hey Georges, I don't think you know me that well???? 1ST I DO NOT accept Hi-Jacking on my thread.

I didn't hijack it ....so.... back off......

If you don't care about the Da Vinci Code why post on it?

Because you mentioned a family possiblity...I mentioned that the Jews think the Messiah will have children in the Messianic Kingdom....do you see the connection here....children....

Spiritualy immature maybe?

Hardly....Keep the insult to yourself...I don't care if you are a moderator....

2ND You added your OWN words to the Scriptures you quoted.

Which I clearly disclaimed...

That Chapter is about the sabbath and the burnt offernings. The prince was offering a gift to his sons and servants at the gate of chambers in accordance to the sabbath.

Do you want me to break down the prince in Eze for you....? I can prove pretty convincingly that it is Jesus Christ...but then again that would be hijacking your thread....

Neither here or there, this THREAD is not about those Scriptures or your post period, if you don't have any input on on the Da Vinci Code, don't post here.

I don't have anymore to say on it, or the DC.....but one final word......Buzz off....

Guess you told me.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back